Fast and Versatile: The Google Pixelbook at Best Buy

Disclaimer: I was compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card in exchange for my honest review.

My daughter has been talking about how she wants something like her Chromebook that she uses at school.  Now that she will be going into middle school, we are starting to think about what would be good for her to have.  I hadn’t heard of the Google Pixelbook until recently, which is considered to be a high-performance Chromebook, which is just what we have been looking for.

We use a lot of devices in our household, and we use them for a lot of things, from blogging to school work, 3D printers and other tech projects.  We like keeping up with new technology and having lots of great features.

Google Pixelbook

The Pixelbook and Pixelbook Pen1 stylus offer so much.  This is the first laptop with the Google Assistant built right in.

You can acess Google Assistant with a key on the keyboard, by using the “Ok Google” wake word, or with the Pixelbook Pen.

Google Pixelbook

It is ultra-thin and powered by Chrome OS, so it is compact but a powerhouse.  Measuring at just 10.3mm, Pixelbook is a very thin laptop, making it very portable.  I am always bringing my laptop when I travel, or during the kids sports meets, music lessons, etc.

The neat thing about this laptop is that it has a 360° touchscreen and 4-in-1 design, so you can set it up however you need, and adjust it as needed, whether you are trying to finish a work deadline or watch a movie.  (Bonus, it has apps like Google Play Movies and YouTube Red and much more, like Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, and Photos).

The Chrome OS is fast, starting up in under ten seconds.  We have all struggled in our house trying to stay patient with laptops taking forever to boot, slow programs, and batteries that don’t last long, but the Google Pixelbook has up to 10 hours on a single charge – plus it charges quickly too.

Google Pixelbook

Some details on the Google Pixelbook:

1 Pixelbook Pen is sold as a separate accessory, subject to availability.
2 Requires internet connection.
3 Auto-updates and auto-backup require an internet connection.
4 Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of the Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries..
5 500 most recently opened and 500 most recently shared with you. Accessible offline through Drive when enabled in Drive settings.
6 Battery performance is based on a mix of standby, web browsing and other use. Charging time requires a battery to be at least 5% charged, the device to be inactive, and use of included charger. Actual results may vary.
7 Battery performance is based on a mix of standby, web browsing and other use.

Check out the Google Pixelbook
at Best Buy: http://bby.me/lryn9

Save $100 on your purchase
of a Google Pixelbook from 3/25 – 4/7/18!

By | 2018-03-30T14:39:23+00:00 March 30th, 2018|Product Reviews, Technology|24 Comments

1. Jenn @ EngineerMommy March 30, 2018 at 2:28 pm - Reply

I have heard great things about this laptop. I am in the market for a second computer and this one sounds excellent. I will look into getting one for myself.

2. candy March 30, 2018 at 2:31 pm - Reply

I know more and more schools ae using the chrome books. The kids are wanting them at home for their children use. I will have to check with my sone who is the computer expert.

3. Alli Smith March 30, 2018 at 2:31 pm - Reply

I love that the Pixelbook is so thin and lightweight. It looks like the perfect laptop and I love that Google Assistant is built in.

4. Sarah Bailey March 30, 2018 at 2:40 pm - Reply

i keep hearing some amazing things about this laptop! It really sounds like something that is perfect for people who need to have a lightweight and versatile laptop! When I need to upgrade I’ll certainly be looking into it!

5. Jeanette March 30, 2018 at 2:52 pm - Reply

Leave her a lot amazing things about this notebook. I could use one that is half computer and half tablet! I travel a lot and I need something that is both versatile and small but easy to use.

6. Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh March 30, 2018 at 3:18 pm - Reply

I have heard a lot of great things about this laptop! I’d love to have one, because I currently only have a desktop. Maybe one day I can splurge!

7. Carol Cassara March 30, 2018 at 3:43 pm - Reply

It’s really a good laptop to have especially for people on the go. I think it’s awesome that it’s flexible and it has so many great features that people could definitely maximize when they get this!

8. Tasheena March 30, 2018 at 4:10 pm - Reply

My son has been asking for this for the longest. It looks like a great investment. Thanks for sharing the discount offer!

9. Amber Myers March 30, 2018 at 7:35 pm - Reply

I so need one of these! I’ve been looking for a good tablet. I love the $100 savings as well. I’ll have to head to Best Buy!

10. Danik March 30, 2018 at 7:37 pm - Reply

I would consider buying this laptop. It looks like a great product with all the specs.

11. JDaniel4's Mom March 30, 2018 at 9:05 pm - Reply

My son has been asking for a tablet. This looks like it would be a great one to get for him.

12. Jenn March 30, 2018 at 10:46 pm - Reply

We have a daughter in her first year of college and in need of a new laptop. I’ve been reading so many reviews it makes my head spin. It’s hard to chose.

13. Peter March 31, 2018 at 10:30 am - Reply

I’m throwing this on my wish list immediately. We so need another computer in this house. Would make my life so much easier

14. Claudia Krusch April 1, 2018 at 12:53 am - Reply

My son has been asking for a new laptop! It looks like a great investment. Love the discount!

15. Kita Bryant April 1, 2018 at 12:57 am - Reply

I would love to have this tool at my disposal. It is a really killer machine for sure,

16. Nikka Shae April 1, 2018 at 2:10 am - Reply

I’ve heard great things about this book! My daughter has this on her Christmas list already.

17. Terri Steffes April 1, 2018 at 2:28 pm - Reply

I think this looks like a wonderful buy. The pen would be a must for me. ThNks for telling us about it. I don’t get out to shop for technology.

18. Anosa Malanga April 1, 2018 at 4:49 pm - Reply

Wow, this is a great pick. I must confess, this is my first time to learn about this Pixelbook. I am interested too as it looks very handy as well. I guess, I would check this first in the store to see the actual and see the performance too.

19. Nicole Caudle April 6, 2018 at 9:17 pm - Reply

I’ve had my eye on this computer for a while. Thank you so much for the review.

20. MD Kennedy April 7, 2018 at 12:43 pm - Reply

This looks like a great machine. I should have waited to buy a new laptop!

21. Geethica April 7, 2018 at 6:08 pm - Reply

This is very helpful Marysa. I have been looking to buy a new laptop but was confused about which one to go for. Now I just need to know the price.

22. Erin April 7, 2018 at 8:10 pm - Reply

I have never heard of this, but it looks amazing! And I am in the market for a new one… I really enjoy how it can lay flat! Thanks so much for sharing this great product!

23. Natalie April 7, 2018 at 9:52 pm - Reply

I’ve never heard of the pixelbook. It sounds awesome!

24. Barbara Alfeo April 9, 2018 at 10:20 pm - Reply

Ugh, this looks cool but I already feel like we have too many screens!