Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park, Lake George, NY

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

We have been going to the Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom every summer for years, and we have wanted to check out their lodge, located in Lake George, New York.  Earlier this year we got a Groupon deal to visit during the holidays, so on the last day of school before winter break, the plan was to head out after school (around 2pm), but the kids got a snow day.  It was definitely a big surprise when we told them to get dressed and pack their swimsuits!

We braved the snow and headed out in the morning to try to beat the snow.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

The Lodge has a very “Adirondack” type theme to it.  The decor is very rustic, with a woodsy feel with lots of log and animal type designs.  We went on December 22, and the Lodge was completely decked out in holiday decorations as well.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

Check-in was quick, and we headed up to our room.  We had a basic Standard Suite room with two queen beds, but you can also find some cool rooms at the lodge, like a room with a cabin within the room and bunk beds.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

There is a small kitchenette in the room.  It is very simple (with a microwave, mini fridge, and coffee maker), but you can save money if you bring some food with you.  The coffee maker was ok, but I preferred to buy coffee right by the front lobby and in the water park (it was about $2.50-3.00 for a Green Mountain coffee).  I do recommend bringing some food and drink, even if you just bring snacks.  Soda in the machines were $3.50 and at the water park it was $4.50, so it would help to be prepared.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

After checking in, the kids were eager to get to the indoor water park.  We changed into our swimwear, and headed downstairs.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

The water park has some basic sections to it – a lazy river, boogie board ride, splash pad for little kids, big slides (which actually go outside the building!), and an area for younger kids.

“Tak-It-Eesi-Creek” was one of the kid’s favorites, which is a lazy river that you can swim, walk, or ride a tube.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

My kids loved the Boogie Bear Surf, where you can ride a virtual wave.  We had never done it before and the lifeguards gave good instructions to help them figure out how to ride the surf.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

Upstairs is the Tall Timbers Treehouse, for preschool to school age kids.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

Tip-a-Kanu Beach is a cute area for littler kids, so this was the only place my kids didn’t play in at the water park.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

The park does provide towels.  I had heard that they were small, which they are.  So while they aren’t big, you can take a bunch with you right as you enter the park.  We actually brought a couple towels of our own, and decided not to use them because it is nice not having to deal with wet towels.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

There are several places to eat on site. We ate dinner at Johnny Rockets, which is attached to the Lodge.  It was nice not to have to walk outside to get to the restaurant, which is also open to the general public.  The prices seemed reasonable – I had a veggie (black bean) burger for $8.49, my husband had a chicken breast sandwich for $8.99, and the kids each had a kids meal (grilled cheese, fries, and a drink) for $6.49.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

There is also an arcade downstairs at the Great Escape Lodge.  We checked this out in the evening when my daughter had gotten in many hours of swimming and was looking for something else to do.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

There are a couple of gift shops at the Lodge, and you can find a wide range of merchandise from swimwear and water shoes, to things like toys, Great Escape logo merchandise, and seasonal items (like holiday ornaments).  It is nice that you can find things that you might have forgotten or need (Advil, swimsuits) as well as souvenirs or gifts.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

There are also other things to keep the kids busy at the lodge.  We were given a paper with a list of events, like a show in the lobby, visit from Santa, Mrs. Claus reading bedtime stories, and craft projects.  The events change seasonally, and some were free while others involved a charge (e.g. a fee for painting a ceramic piggy bank keepsake).

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park Lake George

Overall, we had a nice stay at the Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park.  It was great to get away and have some fun at the water park.  If you go in the warmer months when the Great Escape Park is open, your overnight stay also includes admission to the park.

What to bring:

~ For the waterpark: flip flops or water shoes, swim wear.  The towels are very small but we didn’t use the big ones we brought.  Goggles if you like to use them.

~ Food: snacks, water or other drinks, and other food if you aren’t planning on purchasing food.

~ Money if you plan on spending at the gift shops, adventure trek, etc.

~ If you are going to the Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom (outside), bring comfy shoes, sunscreen.  If you are going to the Splashwater Kingdom, bring swimwear, towels, sunscreen, goggles, etc.

My other Lake George area reviews:

The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom, Lake George, NY
Tips for Visiting The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom, Lake George, NY
Adirondack Tubing Adventures, Lake Luzerne, NY

By | 2018-03-09T12:50:57+00:00 December 24th, 2017|Travel|26 Comments

1. Maryann D. December 25, 2017 at 1:53 pm - Reply

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park looks like a lot of family fun. I would also enjoy visiting Lake George.

2. Amber Myers December 26, 2017 at 3:40 pm - Reply

What a cool lodge. My kids would love it here. And we do enjoy Six Flags–we have one near us, but it doesn’t have a lodge like this.

3. Anosa December 26, 2017 at 4:14 pm - Reply

What an incredible lodge for sure, an awesome surprise for the kids for sure swimming whilst its snowing outside. The room looks lovely but the price of drinks not so much.

4. candy December 26, 2017 at 8:34 pm - Reply

Wow does this every look like a great place to have some fun. this would make a wonderful get away during the cold winter months. We love six flags.

5. serena hale December 26, 2017 at 9:28 pm - Reply

What a great recap and tips that you have provided. The pictures put me right there with you all. New York is one of my favorite places.

6. Lisa December 26, 2017 at 9:53 pm - Reply

That looks like it was just a great place to visit. I’d love to do something like that and forget that it is winter and freezing outside.

7. Wendy Polisi December 27, 2017 at 1:45 am - Reply

An indoor waterpark is definitely necessary this time of year. I’ve never been here but LOVE indoor waterparks. Looks like it’s right up my alley.

8. Ricci December 27, 2017 at 8:46 am - Reply

What an awesome Six Flags hotel and park! I love Six Flags but have only ever been to the ones in Texas!

9. Farrah Less G. December 27, 2017 at 2:03 pm - Reply

When we are still in Buffalo I hear this resort couple of times. But never got a chance to come and visit it. I didn’t know it is so nice and fun for family weekend vacation. We have similar attraction like this in Pigeon Forge.

10. Chubskulit Rose December 27, 2017 at 4:37 pm - Reply

Indoor waterparks are the best. It’s a great way to enjoy the water pleasure in the winter times. I wish we have that here.

11. The Salty Mamas December 27, 2017 at 9:23 pm - Reply

I cannot imagine a better vacation spot for my family! Thank you for the fabulous idea! My kids would be SO excited.

12. Stephanie Ziajka December 27, 2017 at 9:51 pm - Reply

This looks like an incredibly fun place to visit with children. I’d love to go there and experience the lodge in person!

13. angela December 27, 2017 at 10:05 pm - Reply

That looked like so much fun. Outdoor indoor..love it

14. Bushra Alasadi December 27, 2017 at 10:32 pm - Reply

What a wonderful views
    I’ll definitely visit this place if I go to New York

15. Aitza B December 27, 2017 at 10:41 pm - Reply

This looks like so much fun. Definitely my kind of “outdoor” winter fun

16. E H December 28, 2017 at 6:47 am - Reply

This place looks perfect! We used to live in Montreal for so many years, which is just a short drive from Lake George, and to my shame I have never heard of this park, I would have definitely visited it with my girls!

17. Angie December 28, 2017 at 5:30 pm - Reply

This looks like such a fun place to stay! I seriously need a getaway…

18. Angela Milnes December 28, 2017 at 6:05 pm - Reply

Looks that you had an awesome day there and that place really looked relaxing, I love to go there too

19. Mrs. Cooks December 29, 2017 at 3:25 am - Reply

Wow! This looks like so much fun! My son’s dream vacation is to New York. I’m definitely adding this to our things to do.

20. Jenn December 29, 2017 at 3:26 am - Reply

Wow! We don’t really have Indoor parks like that in my area. Looks like great fun!

21. Elle December 29, 2017 at 11:32 am - Reply

This place looks like an absolute blast!!!

22. Amber Ludwig December 29, 2017 at 8:58 pm - Reply

Ooh this place looks SO fun!! I wish we had this at our Six Flags! What a great place to enjoy in the winter when we get SUCH cabin fever!!

23. Rakhi Parsai January 1, 2018 at 5:51 am - Reply

This looks like a wonderful holiday lodge to have a great time with the family. I loved the room they look spacious.

24. ohmummymia January 2, 2018 at 9:13 pm - Reply

Wow, it looks awesome. I can imagine how my son would be excited there 🙂

25. D.B. March 2, 2018 at 10:09 pm - Reply

This looks like so much fun! I would love to bring my family here!

26. shelly peterson March 6, 2018 at 7:26 am - Reply

This looks like a really fun place to visit with the family. We would love to go some day.