8 Things You Can Sell Online for Extra Cash

8 Things You Can Sell Online for Extra Cash

It’s no secret that you can make money off the Internet. Some people go about it by getting online jobs or doing freelance work. Others start their own businesses using e-commerce platforms.

If you’re not keen on working as an online employee, there’s always the option of selling goods and services on the web. If you’re feeling brave enough, you can even make a regular business out of it and be an online entrepreneur. Let’s explore some of the things you can sell online for extra cash.

• Old clothes

Got an overstuffed closet? Sell your used clothes online then. You can even turn it into a regular business by using popular e-commerce platforms like Shopify. These services are very easy to use and can get your online shop running in a matter of minutes.

• Handmade crafts

Are you awesome with arts and crafts? Selling handcrafted goods is trendy nowadays and can be a nice side business for busy individuals. Put up your wares on online marketplaces and bazaars like eBay and Craigslist and get some cash in return.

• Freelance work

Work as an online tutor and teach students. Take up writing jobs, churn out niche articles. Be a jack-of-all-trades virtual assistant. Take up art commissions if you’re great at drawing and painting. The possibilities are endless – just be sure your skills fit the job’s needs. Upwork is a popular destination for freelancers.

• Your opinions and ideas

Here’s an interesting thing to sell online – your ideas and opinions. Surveys are the most common way that businesses pay you for your opinions. Sure, you won’t be raking in the dough anytime soon by doing this, but it’s better than not earning anything, right?

• Video game expertise

Selling your gaming expertise can be a very lucrative endeavor. If you’re a veteran gamer and you’re good at it, then you can make a living by putting up gaming guides. There’s a ton of professional gamers and streamers right now that are doing this. Look to YouTube and Twitch for this.

• Ad space on your blog

If you have a blog or website with a considerable following, you can (and should) be making money off advertising and ad space. Take advantage of Google Adsense, one of the largest advertising networks out there right now.

• Your best photos

Turn your amateur shutterbug hobby into a lucrative side hustle. Sell for stock photography. There are plenty of sites out there that buy nicely captured photos for licensing. Shutterstock is a large company that buys stock photography by the bulk.

• Rent your spare room in the house

Rent your extra rooms via Airbnb. Consider this idea especially when you’re living in highly urbanized areas or high-traffic tourist destinations. There’s a lot of money to be made by being an excellent Airbnb host.

So long as you put in time and effort to it, selling stuff online can be a very profitable venture. There are plenty of services and platforms that can help any aspiring seller to get the job done. Don’t hesitate and start your side hustle now.

By | 2017-09-27T22:39:26+00:00 September 26th, 2017|Finances, Money Saving Tips, Work|15 Comments

1. Maryann D. October 4, 2017 at 11:34 am - Reply

These are terrific ideas about how to make some extra money on-line. My daughter is an artist and I am hoping one day that she can sell some prints of her work online.

2. […] have a treasure trove around their home, with loads of unwanted items simply going to waste. With a couple of eBay listings and some postage and packaging, you can start turning clutter into money. It’s best to avoid […]

3. Stephanie Parrell November 8, 2017 at 10:11 pm - Reply

Great post! Perfect for making a bit extra before the holidays too! I am interested in trying freelance services online but need to develop a good plan and put it into action!

4. Jeanette November 8, 2017 at 11:44 pm - Reply

I could use all the extra money I can get with Christmas coming! I can’t wait to do a few of these and see how much I get!

5. Joely Smith November 9, 2017 at 12:55 am - Reply

What a great list and so timely before the holidays! Everyone is scrambling trying to figure out how to pinch a few extra bucks for the holidays. I have actually thought of renting our guest bedroom and always sell clothing I no longer wear and other household items.

6. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place November 9, 2017 at 5:53 am - Reply

It’s awesome to earn online especially before the Holidays come rolling in! I think these are awesome suggestions on how people can earn from their skills! Love it.

7. Ruth I. November 9, 2017 at 1:59 pm - Reply

Having an Airbnb would really pay off, just like to me as I always travel. Every extra hustle and return is truly satisfying. These are all easy hacks for an extra budget.

8. Victoria Heckstall November 9, 2017 at 3:03 pm - Reply

I’ve tried to sell online my old clothes and that was an easy money to me. I think I need to clean up my closet. such a good idea to have an extra money while I’m in our house.

9. Melissa Dixon November 9, 2017 at 3:18 pm - Reply

I had no idea that Shutterstock bought photos. That is a really cool way to make extra cash!

10. Kathy November 9, 2017 at 3:40 pm - Reply

I love this list. I love being able to sell items online too. It’s a great way to make some extra money.

11. Mimi Green November 10, 2017 at 2:27 am - Reply

I never thought about stock photography as an option. That is a good one, I’ve done some of the others.

12. Aduke Schulist November 10, 2017 at 5:20 am - Reply

I wish I was crafty. I’d do that to make some extra cash.

13. Amanda November 10, 2017 at 1:32 pm - Reply

These tips are so helpful, especially with the holidays looming. I am all about selling extra things online. It declutters my house, keeps things out of landfills, and puts cash in my pockets.

14. Ave November 10, 2017 at 1:50 pm - Reply

These all are super great ideas! I usually just donate the old clothes but will keep in mind to try to sell them online. I like the idea of stock photography too! I have to practice a little bit more, tho.

15. Lynndee November 10, 2017 at 6:49 pm - Reply

We just always donate our old clothes. I will have to check that site out. I sure could use some extra cash for my Christmas shopping. 🙂