A Fun Night at Monster Jam!

Monster Jam

Our family likes to go to family events and travel, but we certainly hadn’t been to anything like Monster Jam before!  We were excited to watch the show and see what the Monster Jam was all about.

We went to a pre-show Pit Party before the actual Monster Jam, which was a lot of fun.  You can purchase tickets for this event along with your regular tickets at select Monster Jam shows.  I definitely recommend it, whether it is your first show like it was for us, or you are a die hard Monster Jam fan wanting to meet your favorite driver.

At the pit party, we had a chance to see all the trucks up close and visit the drivers. There are also other things to do, like check out merchandise, play in a Monster Truck sandbox, and more.

Monster Jam Sandbox

The trucks are impressive especially to see up close and in person.  The trucks themselves are over 10 feet tall, and the tires were taller than both of my kids.

My girls were excited to see the Scooby Doo truck AND meet Bailey Shea!  She did great that night too!  And what a great story of overcoming obstacles and following her passions, only to become a wonderful success.

Monster Jam Scooby Doo

They also met Kayla Blood, who drives El Toro Loco.  This is such a cool truck, which snorts “steam” from the front during the competitions!  She loves being an inspiration for young girls, so what a great opportunity to be able to meet her in person.

Monster Jam El Toro Loco

After the pit party, Monster Jam started off with the Monster Trucks racing.  Next, there were races with ATVs (all-terrain vehicles) and Speedsters (UTVs).  It is cool to see the drivers competing in these different events, and interesting that they are so versatile in their abilities.

Monster Jam UTV's

Other parts of Monster Jam included a donut competition and a wheelie competition.

Monster Jam Grave Digger

The show finished up with a Freestyle competition, which was fun to see what the drivers would decide to do.  And part of the freestyle judging is how loud the audience responds, which is counted towards the score with a decibel meter.  It was fun to see the audience really get into cheering for their favorites.
Monster Jam Zombie

At the end, one Monster Truck was the champion!

Monster Jam Finals

We had a lot of fun at Monster Jam, from meeting the drivers to seeing the trucks in action!  I didn’t know what to expect but it was a fun and exciting night.

The Monster Jam show is loud, of course!  I was mostly concerned that the noise would bother my 7-year-old, but I’m glad that we brought ear plugs for the whole family.  They worked great and we wore them the whole time.

Monster Jam

Visit Monster Jam at https://www.monsterjam.com/

By | 2017-01-22T15:46:42+00:00 January 22nd, 2017|Entertainment, Family Fun, Travel|17 Comments

Busy blogger and mom of two girls!

1. Alli Smith January 23, 2017 at 2:28 pm - Reply

My grandsons would absolutely love this! I’ve got to take them and I’ll be sure to purchase the pre-show pit tickets. What a fun event!

2. robin masshole mommy January 23, 2017 at 2:44 pm - Reply

We haven’t been to Monster Jam in like 2 years. What the heck. I need to get my boys back there.

3. Paula Schuck January 23, 2017 at 4:11 pm - Reply

That is so great! There’s nothing like huge trucks smashing other vehicles and flying through the air. It’s super exciting.

4. Jeanette January 23, 2017 at 5:25 pm - Reply

My son would love to go to this! He’s actually been asking about it. It will be here in a few weeks so we may have to surprise him with going. I know he would love it. It looks like you guys had a great time.

5. Jacqui @FlightsFancyMom January 23, 2017 at 6:55 pm - Reply

Looks like a fun time! I have a few friends who love going to Monster Jam. I never got into it though lol. But I’ll sit there and listen to what happened 🙂

6. candy January 23, 2017 at 7:11 pm - Reply

Never been to a monster jam before. We only have great truck pulls around here where I live. Looks like fun and a great way to spend time together as a family.

7. Pam Wattenbarger January 23, 2017 at 10:03 pm - Reply

Monster Jam sounds like something my nephew would have enjoyed when he was younger. The Monster Jam sandbox is cool!

8. Chloe January 24, 2017 at 1:24 am - Reply

We have these trucks come visit us once a year and I still haven’t gotten around to seeing them! They always look like so much fun!

9. Stephanie Jeannot January 24, 2017 at 2:45 am - Reply

Sounds like so much fun. I think that being at a live show like that would be so very exciting. My little nephew would really enjoy something like that. He founds things like this fascinating.

10. rika January 24, 2017 at 6:51 am - Reply

Sounds like a fun event! My kids love Monster Jam, i want to take them to see the live show.

11. Chubskulit Rose January 24, 2017 at 1:00 pm - Reply

My son would love to attend this kind of event. He have so many monster trucks collection at home.

12. Rebecca Swenor January 24, 2017 at 1:36 pm - Reply

We used to love events like Monster Jam. The Scooby Do Truck looks so awesome. This is a great family event and hopefully we can go to one soon here. Thanks for sharing your experience.

13. Jenn @ EngineerMommy January 24, 2017 at 1:46 pm - Reply

This sounds like such a fun experience. I would love to take my kids here. THey would enjoy all the excitement for sure. My husband would love to go here too!

14. ricci January 24, 2017 at 3:57 pm - Reply

My sister’s family went to a monster truck show this weekend and my niece loved it!! Glad y’all had a great time too!!

15. Mimi Green January 24, 2017 at 9:38 pm - Reply

Monster Truck Show is good family fun. We’ve been before and had a blast. Really cool to see female drivers out there.

16. Kita Bryant January 24, 2017 at 11:42 pm - Reply

I’ve never gotten to go to a monster truck rally before. I know my son would have a blast if I took him though. I still wish his dad were alive to take that on though! haha

17. Dawn McAlexander January 25, 2017 at 4:01 am - Reply

Being the southern girl that I am, you would think that I had been to a monster truck rally. I have never been to one. It really looks like a lot of fun.