1. I have TONS of recipes. Many recipes are my own made-up ones, some are a mixture of recipes of the same dish put together into one recipe to that better suits me (I literally look up 5-10 different ones and make up my own variation), a few are old family recipes, a few are given to me by friends (you will see them by name, such as Kenny’s Mac n’ Cheese), a few are from cooking shows that I’m hooked to (I will also name these by who “taught” them to me), and a few I find on the web (and will give you the link when they are).
2. I like things like hamburgers and mac n’ cheese, but I tend to cook things that are a bit more “out of the ordinary,” somewhere between “ordinary” and gourmet. I also tend to “dress up” things like mac n’ cheese.
3. I have a very picky toddler, so I disguise a lot of veggies by pureeing them in my food processor and adding them to the dishes in various ways (rice, sauces, mixed into ground beef, etc.).
4. I try to do things the nutritious way (totally from scratch), but sometimes take the easier route (i.e. pre-made dough, etc.) to save some time! Even the cooking experts on TV do this, so I don’t feel bad. I’m not perfect, though I know you thought I was! 😉
5. Excuse the photos where there are any – I’m no good with presentation. The food actually looks and tastes better in real life.We like protein and have it at just about every meal. We also love carbs. I need to cook more with pork, but somehow don’t (I have no explanation for this). My son does not like potatoes in any way or form, so we hardly cook them.
6. I don’t cook fat-free nor do I calorie-count.
7. All cooking times are approximate, depending on individual stoves, ovens, microwaves and crockpots. Please practice safe raw and/or hot food-handling, and cook all meats thoroughly. I am not responsible for undercooked food, burnt food, food poisoning, weight gain, weight loss, bad-tasting food, or otherwise. Happy cooking!!!