It is not always easy to find a good technician to repair the garage door or the right installer for the new garage door. There are some points that may help you choose a garage door specialist, who can be trusted completely like Steel-Line Australia. These things are to be checked when you select qualified garage door installers.
1. Reputation – Ask your family members, friends, and neighbors if any one of them has done business with the company? If yes, how was their experience?
Visit the installer’s website, are there consumer reviews or testimonials left by those who have used their services? If you know these people, contact them directly. Now form an opinion about the company.
2. Place of Business – Does the dealer have a place of business where you can see the type of products they carry? By going there, you can judge the company’s level of customer service. Your first impression counts a lot. Being able to meet and work with a local to your community gives you an idea of how the company functions and the direct level of customer service. This is a good indicator of how they will treat your garage door installation. Is the service provider extra careful because they may bump into at the grocery store?
3. Accreditation – Is the company a member of a professional Association like the IDA? Is the company a member of the better Business Bureau (BBB)? Is the company listed on the sites such as Angie’s List or any other website that helps you judge the professionalism of the company?
4. Experience – You have to see to the company’s experience and find out the following – How long has the company been in business? How long have they been installing and repairing garage doors? You can ask them to give names of satisfied customers who have used their services. Don’t hesitate in contacting such customers.
5. Emergency Services – Find out if they provide a 24/7 emergency phone number, where you can speak to a technician about the garage door problem. If you have any commercial garage doors, ask about their round the clock, 7 days week maintenance, and support services.
6. Free quotation – Can you be given a professional, detailed quote having everything that is included in the price, and what is not? But it should not be on the back of a business card. Ask to get three different quotes, so that you have a better idea of the options.
7. Guarantee – Find out the type of guarantee they provide for installation or on repairs made. Ask to see a copy of their warranty.
8. Insurance – Ask to see the liability insurance coverage that the company provides. Ask to see their certificates.
Don’t be afraid to ask all the questions because after all, you do not buy a garage door every year. Contact the garage door specialist in your area and pay a visit. This way your questions will be answered on the spot and you will be able to establish a relationship of trust soon after the visit.