If you have the habit of going on long trips or camping, you may have asked yourself what the best way to keep food cold is. As a matter of fact, keeping your food and beverages cool and fresh is the most important aspect to keep in mind when traveling for a long time. If you do not respect this, food can spoil, and beverages can turn hot and impossible to drink. That is why it is important to get informed on this topic. Fortunately for you, you can read this article guide on bestcooler.reviews to learn how to best prepare yourself to face this challenge.
Get awesome tips to keep food cold while traveling
There are many different ways to keep your food and drinks cold while traveling. Some are easier and less expensive than others! To learn all about this, read the following tips:
- Buy a cooler: This is the best way to keep your food cold during any trip. If you go out often with your family for a long travel or camping, you will need to carry a lot of food and cans. Therefore, if you want to enjoy fresh food and cold drinks, you need to keep them cool. A cooler is a great way to achieve this. You will find many types of portable coolers on the market within the reasonable price range. Take into consideration how many family members are going to use the cooler. If the number exceeds 5, you need a big one. You could try a YETI Tundra 35 cooler which can carry a lot and it will keep its content cool for 5-6 days. However, if you are traveling alone, you can choose the Yeti Hopper 40 Cooler. It is quite comfortable to carry on shoulders and it can hold plenty of food.
- Use ice cubes and packs: You can also keep your food cold by using ice chunks. It is advisable to alternate between both large and small chunks as it will maintain a balance and keep your food fresh for a longer period of time. Likewise, you can freeze some water bottle and can keep them in your bag. This is an easy way to get ice cubes. Use the plastic bottles which are better to tear apart.
- Get a container to keep food cold: You can use a big container to carry your food and keep it fresh. This container must be waterproof. Fill it with ice up to one-third. To do this you can also use frozen water bottles. Try to cool all the food and drinks before putting it in the container. Inside the container, you should put all the heavy foods on the bottom since it needs to remain cooler. You can place lighter items on top.
- Do not drain any melted water: Once the ice has finally melted, do not drain it from the cooler or container! If you do this, you will break the balance within the cooler/container and everything will get hot sooner than later. If you notice that the ice is melting, try not to open the cooler often, only when necessary. And if you must, do it as fast as you can. Make sure that you close it appropriately.
- Use dry ice: You can also use dry ice to keep your food cold. In fact, this is a great way! If you can get your hands on dry ice, you don’t need to worry anymore. Just use an airtight container and keep dry ice on the bottom. Then place the cans and beverages. Make sure that the food does not touch the dry ice. Finally, place some dry ice on the top. You need to wear gloves when handling dry ice as it can harm your skin given its extremely low temperatures.
This article has given you some cool tips on how to keep food cold while traveling. You should get a cooler and apply the rest of these tips. You will see how keep food cool and fresh won’t be a problem anymore. Make sure that you properly prepare before going on a long travel or camping. You do not want to regret not taking some important things!