Disney on Ice 2018

I received tickets for Disney on Ice in exchange for my honest review.

Our family has a tradition of going to Disney on Ice every year when it comes to town each December.  My daughter has been taking ice skating lessons this year and was extra excited to see the show!

This year’s theme was “Disney On Ice Presents 100 Years of Magic”, celebrating the many Disney characters from over the years.  It’s fun to see them all come together to perform and to see which Disney stories are highlighted.

Be charmed by a cast of over 50 of Disney’s unforgettable characters, with Mouse-ter of Ceremonies Mickey Mouse, the irresistible Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and many of the Disney Princesses. Relive the magic of Disney’s Frozen with Anna, Elsa, and Olaf. Sing-along to over 30 songs during moments from Disney Pixar’s Toy Story, Finding Dory, Disney’s The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and more in a show to leave your whole family captivated with memories to last a lifetime. (DisneyonIce.com)

Disney on Ice

The show is very high energy, with lots of different scenes and stories.  The Disney on Ice performance has a fast pace, and I remember bringing my kids when they were very little and being worried that they would be fussy, but it kept their attention the whole time.

Disney on Ice

I loved that the show included so many different characters and movies.  I was actually surprised to see Toy Story and Mulan in addition to the other Disney stories featured.

Disney on Ice

The skaters are all very talented, and this show really is something the whole family can enjoy.  We were all talking about our favorite characters and who we would like to see on the stage.  The Aladdin scene took me back to when I was a kid and we watched the VHS tape at a sleepover, which was a treat.

Disney on Ice

There are so many characters, and you are sure to see some favorites!

Disney on Ice Toy Story

In addition to the wonderful skating, everything is always well done, from the costumes to the sets and special effects.  They do some special lighting, pyrotechnics, and acrobatics, which are impressive.

On the way home from the show, we talked about our favorite parts of Disney on Ice and what Disney movies we want to see again (Mulan and Aladdin!), and what new Disney movies are coming out soon too.

Check here to see if Disney On Ice is coming to a city near you!  Show themes may vary.

Some upcoming shows include:

Albany, NY December 13-16, 2018

Boston, MA – December 21-30, 2018

Trenton, NJ – January 3-6, 2019

Manchester, NH – January 17-21, 2019

Springfield, MA – March 28-31, 2019

Visit Disney on Ice at

By | 2018-12-25T22:26:04+00:00 December 14th, 2018|Family Fun, Travel|30 Comments

1. Monidipa Dutta December 14, 2018 at 8:10 pm - Reply

When I first read the heading it reminded me of a friend from ca who’s a disneyphile. However I also wish if I could see disney on ice. Poor me..

2. Komal December 14, 2018 at 8:24 pm - Reply

The skaters are extremely talented. I have a friend that was part of the show a few years back and their athleticism is amazing!

3. Konstantina December 14, 2018 at 8:29 pm - Reply

I have always wanted to see this show!! Seems so exciting. I absolutely love ice skating and Disney ❤

4. Liz Bayardelle December 14, 2018 at 8:36 pm - Reply

This is so cool! Definitely something I can see taking my kids to see!

5. Karen December 14, 2018 at 11:08 pm - Reply

Disney on Ice is so much fun for all ages. The kids love the characters, and adults can appreciate them as well as the skill it takes to skat in costume.

6. Sarah Bailey December 14, 2018 at 11:16 pm - Reply

Disney on Ice always seems like an amazing show. They really go all out by the looks of things and throw everything they can into it. I would love to see a show myself one day.

7. Melissa Chapman December 14, 2018 at 11:27 pm - Reply

We have never been to disnay on Ice but it looks like we are really missing out. I wish my kids were young again so we could have taken them to this great show.

8. Candy December 14, 2018 at 11:45 pm - Reply

Disney in Ice always puts on a great show and the skaters are wonderful. Just wish tickets weren’t so pricey

9. Tomi C December 15, 2018 at 12:27 am - Reply

We only went once or twice I was a kid but I’ve taken my daughter every year since she was about 3. She loves it just as much as she did when she was a toddler

10. Heather December 15, 2018 at 2:04 am - Reply

We haven’t been to Disney on Ice in years, sadly. My girls LOVED it when they were smaller. I know I have to get them to a show again soon.

11. Pam December 15, 2018 at 2:24 am - Reply

My kids always wanted to see Disney on Ice but we never got around to it. Maybe I can take my granddaughter one day.

12. Amber Myers December 15, 2018 at 3:09 am - Reply

So fun! We just love DIsney On Ice shows. We’ve been to several of them. I’m always impressed what they can do on the ice.

13. Surekha Busa December 15, 2018 at 4:09 am - Reply

It looks so fun. I love Disney characters too. I hope i could bring my son there someday.

14. Jeanette December 15, 2018 at 4:54 am - Reply

I would love to take my kiddo to this! It looks like so much fun! I hope they come to town because I am ready for a little Disney!

15. Rhian westbury December 15, 2018 at 9:00 am - Reply

I’ve never been to disney on ice but it always looks like so much fun. This sounds like a great Christmas tradition x

16. Jenn @ EngineerMommy December 15, 2018 at 3:51 pm - Reply

This looks like such an awesome event. I know my girls would love watch something like this in person! Gotta look into this for sure!

17. Terri Steffes December 15, 2018 at 4:09 pm - Reply

I love your pictures! It brought back special memories of traveling to see Disney on Ice with my daughter. Fun times!

18. Ivelisse Estes December 15, 2018 at 5:21 pm - Reply

Ahhh that is so exciting! I don’t have any kids yet but when I do I would love to take them to something like this.

19. Diana V December 15, 2018 at 7:56 pm - Reply

My daughter keep asking me to go to see the Disney on Ice show, we definitely need to go 😀

20. Amy h December 16, 2018 at 3:51 am - Reply

Its been quite a few years since I’ve seen Disney On Ice. Now that my daughter is older, we may have to look for one coming to our town.

21. Gladys Nava December 17, 2018 at 7:20 am - Reply

Wow! It looks so amazing to experience this! Disney On Ice is the best show that I want to watch. Love your post anyways. Thanks for the review that you shared with us!

22. Nancy at Whispered Inspirations December 17, 2018 at 1:33 pm - Reply

How awesome is this?? I absolutely love Disney on ice. It’s been quite awhile since I’ve seen one. It’s time now!

23. Alli December 17, 2018 at 2:41 pm - Reply

We love Disney on Ice. We took our kids when they were little. Now we need to take the grandkids.

24. Anosa Malanga December 18, 2018 at 3:45 am - Reply

The kid in me wanna watch this as well. I am still checking out with my sister if she can accompany. I guess I will be forever a Disney kid… Kid at heart. Haha!

25. Kim Burnette January 19, 2019 at 12:34 am - Reply

I haven’t seen Disney On Ice since my children were little and now they have children! It sounds wonderful! We love all the Disney characters.

26. Kim Seghers January 19, 2019 at 12:58 am - Reply

I have never been to a Disney On Ice show but has always to take my kids to one of the shows. It looks like a lot of fun!

27. Mom Life Optimized January 19, 2019 at 9:41 pm - Reply

What a great opportunity! We have been to one of these shows before and just loved it! I hope to take the kids again someday!

28. LavandaMichelle January 20, 2019 at 7:58 am - Reply

We will always love Disney on Ice. We took our daughters when they were younger and we went this year and the lives it just the same.

29. kumamonjeng January 20, 2019 at 12:54 pm - Reply

I love Disney on Ice and watched once many years ago in my country. It was really cool and I remembered we had great fun.

30. Jelena January 22, 2019 at 11:07 am - Reply

My kids, when they were little, loved to watch Disneys on Ice. That was a necessary event every December.