Musta Products Buckwheat Hulls Cushion

I received this product in exchange for my honest review.

As much as I am active, I also spend a lot of time sitting, mostly while I am doing computer work.  I have a hard time staying comfortable when I sit, either being on a hard chair or lounging on the couch, and I am trying to have better posture and comfort while I sit.

I recently discovered the Musta Buckwheat Hulls Cushion.  Years ago I had a buckwheat pillow, so I was looking forward to trying out the cushion, since it is different from what we have been using.  If you aren’t familiar with buckwheat hulls, they are a product of buckwheat grains.

Musta Buckwheat Cushion

There are so many synthetic materials out there, so it is nice to have something that is eco-friendly.  Not only is buckwheat eco-friendly, but it has a lot of other benefits.  The hulls are naturally hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites, plus they stay cool and offer good ventilation.  Buckwheat hulls have been used for thousands of years, even used by Zen Buddhists in their pillows.

Musta Buckwheat Cushion

Right away I liked how the pillow was designed, with channels to keep the buckwheat evenly distributed, and texture to keep the pillow from slipping and to feel good against your skin.

Musta Buckwheat Cushion

I use my Musta Buckwheat Hull Cushion on a wooden chair.  It makes the chair comfortable and also encourages me to have good posture.  It has a solid feel, but conforms just enough to provide a nice surface to sit on.

musta buckwheat cushion

The pillow has a handle on it, which is convenient – I can totally see myself bringing this to sports events so that I don’t have to sit on metal bleachers for hours.  It makes it easy to transport, whether you use it for the car or for other travel.

Musta Pillow

This is a great product for anyone.  It is useful for everyday use, or for someone who sits a lot.  I think it is particularly useful for those who experience things like sores from prolonged sitting, and was actually designed by someone who uses a wheelchair.

Musta Buckwheat Cushion

This is a great chair cushion that is so useful in many ways.  It is very well-made and is a great for both home and travel.

Visit Musta Life at https://musta.life/

By | 2018-10-28T03:38:40+00:00 October 28th, 2018|Home, Product Reviews, Uncategorized|16 Comments

1. Candy October 28, 2018 at 7:52 pm - Reply

Nice to see someone come up with an all natural material. Buckwheat hulls sound interesting. Great use of natural material

2. Aireona October 28, 2018 at 9:06 pm - Reply

I had no idea that buckwheat could be used to fill a cushion! I definitely need to see if I can find some somewhere and see how they feel! Seems like it would be a sustainable option if sourced responsibly. 😀

3. Dwight Alleyne October 29, 2018 at 1:37 am - Reply

That is an interesting cushion. Did not realize buckwheat could be used as a filler. Sounds like it is quite comfortable

4. Lex October 29, 2018 at 8:10 am - Reply

Good content to use for cushions. Most times we want something different but still give us that comforting feel on our cushions so this is a welcome development.. Besides this is also very natural..

5. Elle (CleverlyChanging) October 29, 2018 at 12:30 pm - Reply

Wow! Knowing that buckwheat can be used this way really takes my ideas about sustainability to a whole new level.

6. andrea October 29, 2018 at 1:27 pm - Reply

What a wonderful way to make an all natural cushion. I love that helps prevent bacteria too and it looks super comfy

7. Michele- KidCongeniality October 30, 2018 at 5:06 pm - Reply

Looks comfy. I like the handy handle which makes it easy to transport.

8. Nina Nichols October 31, 2018 at 2:05 am - Reply

I definitely need this! I spend too much time in front of the computer. I know now what to ask my husband for Christmas. lol

9. Elizabeth O October 31, 2018 at 5:18 am - Reply

I love this one looks so comfortable to use. It has a natural materials that everyone will surely like it.

10. Rosey October 31, 2018 at 9:11 am - Reply

I am interested. I am especially pleased that they resist dust mites.

11. Iris October 31, 2018 at 8:32 pm - Reply

How interesting. I use soap berries for washing clothes. This looks similar. Great idea for a natural way to help the bottom. Thanks!

12. Anna November 1, 2018 at 1:15 pm - Reply

I need that product. I have a cushion on my seat but I think it’s about to give out on me. I’ve used this in forever already hehehhe. Thank you for sharing this great review.

13. Chelsae November 1, 2018 at 4:19 pm - Reply

This sounds like a great product! I love the handle to make it easier to bring to different events. We got to so many sporting events and the seating is often so uncomfortable. This would be perfect!

14. Brooke November 1, 2018 at 10:18 pm - Reply

Buckwheat hulls do not look comfortable. Are they soft? They kind of look like pistachio shells.

15. Anita November 1, 2018 at 11:28 pm - Reply

I used to have a buckwheat knee pillow. I LOVED the soft support it provided. Might have to try this out as well!

16. Samantha November 2, 2018 at 5:36 pm - Reply

This cushion looks so comfortable. I have a leather computer chair, but I could use one of these for every single one of my kitchen table chairs. They seriously hurt my behind. I remember growing up having cushions on all our wood chairs.