Roseland Wake Park, Canandaigua, NY

Roseland Wake Park

We love checking out new things, and when my husband discovered the Roseland Wake Park, we thought it would be a cool experience for our kids to try.  Both of our girls are avid swimmers and love the water, so we took a trip out to Roseland Wake Park, located in Canandaigua, New York.

Roseland Wake Park

We headed to the main check-in, filled out waivers and paid for a Learn to Ride program.  The kids are 8 and 11, and the program was $49 for each child to have assistance learning to get up on the board and then to use the rest of the park.  At 1pm, the cables speed up and is not good for beginners.

Roseland Wake Park

The kids were set up with their gear – helmets, life vests and wake boards.

Roseland Wake Park

We headed to the beginner area, and the kids strapped their boards on.

Roseland wake Park

For beginners, you start off learning about wake boarding and how to get up on your board.  The kids started in the water, with a line slowly pulling them as they tried to get into a standing position.  The lines are on a cable system and controlled by a remote control.

Roseland Wake Park

There is always someone in the water with the beginners.  The board and vest float, so it’s a matter of getting in the right position to try to get back up on the board when the cable pulls you.

Roseland Wake Park

Once the kids were able to stand on their boards, we moved over to the full course.  The instructors were very helpful and patient, working with the kids through many tries to stand up.  The lines here go a lot faster, so while they were able to stand on the beginner course, this was a bit harder.

Roseland Wake Park

Slowly getting the hang of it..

Roseland Wake Park

The instructors were so helpful, and soon enough the kids had the hang of it!

Success!

Roseland Wake Park

Eventually the kids started making it out further and further.  So when they stop on their wakeboard, it means a further walk back!

Roseland Water Park

(No wakeboard, because momma was carrying it!).

Roseland Wake Park

There was plenty of parking, even though this is next to the Roseland Water Park.  When we arrived at 9:45am on a Sunday, we had the place to ourselves, and when we left just after 1, there was still more than enough parking available.

Visit the Roseland Wake Park at

By | 2018-09-18T15:21:17+00:00 August 18th, 2018|Travel|29 Comments

1. shelly peterson August 18, 2018 at 6:02 am - Reply

What a wonderful place to visit. My family would love this place. Looks like a lot of fun.

2. Janet W. August 18, 2018 at 11:41 am - Reply

That looks like so much fun! What a great way to spend summer before it’s over!

3. Stacie August 20, 2018 at 4:12 pm - Reply

That looks like so much fun. My family and I love to get out on the water. It’s the best way to spend a summer day.

4. Sarah Bailey August 20, 2018 at 4:17 pm - Reply

Oh wow this looks like such a fun place to go to! I love that they have so many water sports to try out! Definitely, a place to spend a summers day!

5. Lyndsey R. August 20, 2018 at 4:18 pm - Reply

Looks like tons of fun! I haven’t been wake boarding in years!

6. Angie August 20, 2018 at 5:15 pm - Reply

Oh my goodness, that looks like so much fun. I wish I’d gotten out on the water more this Summer.

7. Heather August 20, 2018 at 9:17 pm - Reply

Because I don’t know anything about waking boarding but I’ve seen how its down, how do you stay afloat when you feet are locked into the board? I suppose your life jacket right? I I assume the board floats but that you can’t stand on it without it tipping unless you are up to speed? Regardless it looks fun and your kids seemed to have a blast.

8. Aduke Schulist August 21, 2018 at 12:43 am - Reply

I thought that said “Snow Room” for a minute and I was dreaming of sno cones lol. I’ve never been water-anything like this. I’d love to try one day though.

9. Ruth I. August 21, 2018 at 10:37 am - Reply

Sounds like an amazing and exciting adventure! I would also love to learn this and visit this wake park.

10. HilLesha August 21, 2018 at 5:15 pm - Reply

This is so exciting! While I’m not much of a swimmer, I know that my family would love an adventure like this as well. 🙂

11. Melanie August 21, 2018 at 6:34 pm - Reply

That looks like so much fun! My kids would totally love to learn how to wake board. Since I have no idea what I’m doing, it’s awesome to have such attentive staff to help.

12. Claudia Krusch August 22, 2018 at 1:32 am - Reply

That looks like so much fun. My family would love this! It’s the best way to spend a hot summer day.

13. Lynndee August 22, 2018 at 12:17 pm - Reply

Oh, wow! That looks like a lot of fun. I would love for my son to try the wake board. I bet he’s going to have a blast with it.

14. Monica Grant August 23, 2018 at 2:19 pm - Reply

This looks so amazing! WHat a sense for adventure you have, I am always a little scared when it comes to water sport but if your kids can do it I bet I can!

15. Leslie August 24, 2018 at 1:08 am - Reply

Oh, snap! We love wake boarding. Our whole family enjoys it.It looks like your family really enjoyed their time at the wake park.

16. Rhonda August 24, 2018 at 5:56 pm - Reply

This looks like so much fun! Great activity for the whole family to enjoy and perfect before the summer ends!!! Thanks for sharing.

17. Marcie August 24, 2018 at 10:04 pm - Reply

That seems like a pretty good price for teaching them such a cool skill! What a fun way to enjoy a day on the water!

18. Bre August 25, 2018 at 5:30 am - Reply

This looks so fun! What a great family activity!

19. Monidipa Dutta August 29, 2018 at 5:25 pm - Reply

I have heard of this park in NY but haven’t been there may be because I don’t have kids. It seems kids really had a great time.

20. Arnab Majumdar August 29, 2018 at 5:53 pm - Reply

This place looks like a cool place to hang out. Would definitely visit someday.

21. Brittany Vantrease August 30, 2018 at 4:22 pm - Reply

I would never think to visit out a water park in New York. It looks like a lot of fun! My kids love going to the beach and harbor in Lake Michigan, but’s it’s not quite the same.

22. krish August 30, 2018 at 4:49 pm - Reply

Beautiful pics and description…sure a fun place to be in.

23. Sheila Foley August 30, 2018 at 11:53 pm - Reply

Looks like fun…anything to be outside and kids and water combo is almost always a hit!

24. Kim BookJunkie September 2, 2018 at 2:14 am - Reply

Sounds like a spectacular place for a family vacation!!!

25. Kylie cre8tone September 4, 2018 at 11:52 pm - Reply

Wow! This is superb!! Beautiful place to be in.. so wonderful..

26. candy September 10, 2018 at 12:42 am - Reply

This looks like a great place for our kids and grandkids to spend the day on the water having fun. My husband and I will just sit and watch, laugh and take some videos.

27. Elizabeth O September 10, 2018 at 3:14 pm - Reply

This looks like a wonderful place for a family day out. There seems to be so much to do. Your photos are great.

28. Sheena Moncatar September 10, 2018 at 3:35 pm - Reply

I have been to a wake boarding park/resort but I was just too scared to even try! Your little girl is so brave and thanks to the ever supportive instructors. Great photos, great place! Am sure you had a blast.

29. Sharon Chen September 11, 2018 at 10:58 am - Reply

What a lovely holiday with your children! This place is also very good for little adventurers.