Niagara Falls Illumination and Fireworks, NY

We recently took our kids on a trip to Niagara Falls for the first time in July 2018.  There are fireworks through much of the year at 10pm, and we weren’t sure if we were going to stay that late, but decided we may as well as long as we were all the way out there.  Be sure to check the schedule and also be aware that the fireworks are weather permitting.

We parked in one of the Niagara Falls State Park lots and walked over to the waterfront to wait for the fireworks to start.  There were quite a few people there, so it was easy to find.

The falls are illuminated at night as well, which is very pretty as well.  We enjoyed hanging out and the atmosphere of the falls before the fireworks started.

Niagara Falls Fireworks

Someone told us the fireworks would be near the Skylon Tower, so we picked what we thought would be a good place.  There is really no shortage of good spots to watch the fireworks except for the occasional tree.

Niagara Falls Fireworks

Niagara Falls Fireworks

The fireworks last just over 5 minutes, but it was pretty cool to see.

Niagara Falls Fireworks

Niagara Falls Fireworks

Niagara Falls Fireworks

Soon enough it was time for the finale.

Niagara Falls Fireworks

There were a lot of people watching the fireworks, but we had no problem getting back to our car and leaving without any traffic issues.

Visit Niagara Falls State Park at https://www.niagarafallsstatepark.com/

Fireworks schedule: https://www.niagarafallsstatepark.com/attractions-and-tours/fireworks

Illumination schedule: https://www.niagarafallsstatepark.com/attractions-and-tours/illuminations

By | 2018-10-22T17:37:58+00:00 August 27th, 2018|Travel|19 Comments

1. Fatima Torres August 27, 2018 at 10:12 pm - Reply

This has always been on my Hope To See list. I’ve heard Niagra Falls is a great place to see during the summer. So happy you were able to do so!

2. Stacie August 27, 2018 at 10:38 pm - Reply

I would love to see fireworks over Niagara Falls one day! It looks so beautiful. It’s definitely something I wouldn’t forget.

3. Aduke Schulist August 27, 2018 at 10:38 pm - Reply

This is one of the places on my bucket list. I’m a Summer baby (July 7th!) so fireworks are a favorite of mine.

4. Marcie W. August 27, 2018 at 10:53 pm - Reply

How fun! Visiting Niagara Falls is on my bucket list. The only way that experience could be made better is with awesome fireworks!

5. Rachel August 28, 2018 at 4:11 am - Reply

This would be so fun to see. I saw Niagra Falls at night and it was beautiful. I would love to see fireworks over it.

6. Shannan P August 28, 2018 at 12:03 pm - Reply

That is just lovely! Sounds like it would be a fun trip with gorgeous sights to see.

7. Ruth I August 28, 2018 at 1:37 pm - Reply

Love all the photos! It looks so amazing to see and experience this. I would love to visit in the future.

8. HilLesha August 28, 2018 at 2:21 pm - Reply

How pretty! I have never been to Niagara Falls, but it is definitely on my travels to-do list.

9. Angei August 28, 2018 at 6:17 pm - Reply

That would be so neat to see! I’d love to visit Niagra Falls, but even more so at night with the beautiful lights and the fireworks!

10. Esther Irish August 28, 2018 at 7:32 pm - Reply

I am headed to Niagara Falls for the first time since I was a teenager. So excited!! Two weeks away. Woo hoo!

11. Shannon Gurnee August 28, 2018 at 8:23 pm - Reply

Wow – I’ve never been to Niagara Falls before, but it sounds like an awesome place to visit! I would love to go there someday!

12. Catalina August 28, 2018 at 10:28 pm - Reply

wow! This is wonderful! I wish I were there! I need to see this one day!

13. Natalie August 29, 2018 at 12:49 am - Reply

Ah how amazing! I went to Niagara Falls 15 years ago (Canadian side) and am overdue for another visit, loved the fireworks!

14. Amy h August 29, 2018 at 2:40 am - Reply

I am hoping to get to Niagara Falls some day! So glad that there were no really bad spots to be to watch the fireworks. Sounds like it was a great time

15. Lynndee August 29, 2018 at 1:01 pm - Reply

We love watching fireworks display. Always so much fun! I hope we get to visit Niagara Falls someday. It’s on our bucket list.

16. Terri Beavers August 30, 2018 at 3:22 am - Reply

I would love to visit Niagra Falls one of these days! Firework displays are always fun to attend, my boys enjoy watching them.

17. Heather August 30, 2018 at 3:55 am - Reply

This looks like an incredible family experience. With a very adventurous ‘get to close to the edge’ of everything three year old daughter, we have a little ways to go before we visit but Niagara Falls has always been on our travel list. Our older daughter is nine years old and would love this!

18. Dana Rodriguez September 19, 2018 at 3:21 pm - Reply

You captured some beautiful photos. That looks like it was fun!

19. Denise Low September 28, 2018 at 10:15 pm - Reply

I hope to visit Niagara Fall sometime. These are very pretty pictures. Thanks for sharing.