Saugerties Lighthouse, NY

Saugerties Lighthouse

We have been to Saugerties before, and I thought it would be a fun idea to check out the Saugerties Lighthouse.

It was easy to find the lighthouse, and we had no problem finding it using Google Maps.

Saugerties Lighthouse NY maps

There is a small parking lot at the trailhead, and when we came back out, there were cars parked along the road as well.

Saugerties Lighthouse

The trailhead has a lot of information, including tide information, as the trail may be covered by water at high tide.

Saugerties Lighthouse

It was interesting to read some information along the way as well.

Saugerties Lighthouse

The trail is short (.5 mile each way), and alternates between dirt, sand, and boardwalks.

Saugerties Lighthouse

There are several openings in the grasses and vegetation where you can get a clear view of the Hudson.  The kids even dipped their feet in the water, taking our time as we made our way up to the lighthouse.

Saugerties Lighthouse New York

At one point we saw this enormous ship, which was impressive to watch go by.

Saugerties Lighthouse

The lighthouse is connected to the land with a dock.  There are tours available on Sundays during part of the year, and you can even stay as a guest in their Bed & Breakfast.  We were there on Saturday, so there was no tour, although there was someone selling Lighthouse merchandise.

Saugerties Lighthouse

There is a very lovely picnic area on the far side of the lighthouse, so you can sit on the dock and enjoy the scenery, from the lighthouse to the views of the Hudson.

Saugerties LIghthouse

I loved everything about it.. the rustic tables, succulent bowls, and the views.

Saugerties Lighthouse

We relaxed for a little bit, just sitting back and taking in the scenery.

Saugerties Lighthouse New York

There are restrooms by the lighthouse, making this very family friendly and allows you to take your time and enjoy your visit.

Saugerties Lighthouse New York

The trail to the lighthouse is only about 1/2 mile, so it was an easy round trip.  We enjoyed the lighthouse and even the sights along the trail, like these beautiful morning glories.

Visit the Saugerties Lighthouse online at http://www.saugertieslighthouse.com/

By | 2018-07-17T13:52:38+00:00 July 10th, 2018|hiking, Travel|20 Comments

1. Alli Smith July 10, 2018 at 2:31 pm - Reply

I love everything about this lighthouse! I think it’s great that you can also stay in the B&B. What a beautiful location and watching the ships go by would be so much fun.

2. Tomi C July 10, 2018 at 3:51 pm - Reply

WOW! I have never visited a lighthouse. I’ve seen a few from afar while on vacation but never toured one. These grounds are absolutely gorgeous. Looks like you and your family had a wonderful time visiting Saugerties Lighthouse.

3. Glenda Cates July 10, 2018 at 3:55 pm - Reply

I would love seeing a True Lighthouse in person, and I think my family would enjoy it as well. Although where we live, I don’t know where we would find one.

4. Tasheena July 10, 2018 at 3:56 pm - Reply

Your photos are so nice. This looks like it would be a wonderful place for my family to visit.

5. candy July 10, 2018 at 4:19 pm - Reply

What a beautiful place to visit and spend some time. We would like to go and visit the light houses and explore the paths. Looks very relaxing.

6. GiGi Eats July 10, 2018 at 4:51 pm - Reply

This brings me back to when I was a kid – I lived on the east coast and we would have field trips to light houses!

7. Amber Myers July 10, 2018 at 5:52 pm - Reply

So cool! I’d love to see a light house. This would be a great trail to walk. It’s so pretty!

8. Maddy Gutierrez July 10, 2018 at 8:59 pm - Reply

This looks like the perfect little hike with kids. So beautiful and serene. I’ll take a splash in the water, too!

9. Karen Morse July 11, 2018 at 2:06 am - Reply

Talk about an awesome place for a vacation. I love the view and everything about this lighthouse! It’s really a gem and it’s worth going to as well.

10. Anosa Malanga July 11, 2018 at 2:47 am - Reply

Wow, this is such a great place to unwind and relax. Definitely a must visit one. Good thing that it is updated on Google maps because sometimes looking for a place is a disaster when a wrong pin is placed.

11. Heather July 11, 2018 at 3:43 am - Reply

It’s so beautiful there! I would love to visit and just relax!

12. Sara-Jayne Jones July 11, 2018 at 8:04 am - Reply

Such a beautiful place to visit – I love Lighthouses and it’s so picture perfect too! I’m glad you managed to find it on Google Maps, I usually have a disaster with locations!

13. Liz Cochico July 11, 2018 at 8:40 am - Reply

What an interesting place to explore. I’ve never been to a lighthouse. Hopefully, I get to visit one when we go to the south next week.

14. Chubskulit Rose July 11, 2018 at 10:12 am - Reply

Lighthouses reminds me of movies. This one looks very different, it looks like very strong and stable ready for any storm that comes.

15. Brit Strawbridge July 11, 2018 at 1:01 pm - Reply

Wow! This looks like such a beautiful place!! Your photos really capture how relaxing and serene it is!

16. Shoshana Sue July 11, 2018 at 1:04 pm - Reply

This is a very beautiful lighthouse. It looks so calming, I would love to visit the Saugerties lighthouse if I were in the area. I would also have dipped my feet in the water 🙂

17. Jacky July 11, 2018 at 6:44 pm - Reply

It is absolutely stunning there. I grew up in a tropical island where the beach was almost my backyard, so I know the feeling of the sand between your toes, and visiting lighthouses. I love your pictures, they bring my heart back home!

18. Bernetta July 11, 2018 at 9:35 pm - Reply

Such a beautiful lighthouse. I’ve only visited them while on a cruise, however, this looks like something I’d love to take my family and visit.

19. Amy h July 12, 2018 at 2:31 am - Reply

I can’t say that I have ever been to a light house! I love that they have a B&B that you can stay at.

20. Dana Rodriguez July 17, 2018 at 3:38 pm - Reply

This is just a beautiful place to visit. I think we would really enjoy having a picnic there!