Are You Ready For Summer? Try These 6 Healthy Ways to Lose Weight

Healthy Ways to Lose Weight

Losing weight is not easy. Keeping it off is even more difficult. Do you want to lose weight? You are not alone. Did you know that 74% of adults in the United States are overweight or obese?Anything worthwhile takes effort and time. If you want to lose weight, don’t lose hope. There are many ways to do so in a healthy way.  

Eat Breakfast

It is tempting and common for people to skip breakfast either because they are in a hurry or because they think it will help them lose weight. The exact opposite is actually true. Eating breakfast gives your metabolism a boost. Skipping breakfast actually increases the likelihood that you will binge later in the day on unhealthy and fattening junk foods like pop tarts and donuts. If you want to lose weight, start each day with a healthy breakfast like eggs, whole grain bread, or cooked oatmeal.

Work Out

When it comes to losing weight, nutrition is 80 percent of the game.The other 20% is fitness and can’t be ignored if you want to look good in your bathing suit.Most people say they don’t have the time to exercise. If you fall into that category, try fitting in small bouts of exercise whenever you can. For example, if you are watching television, try doing some jumping jacks or jogging in place instead of munching on junk food. Take the stairs instead of an elevator or escalator when at work or in public places.

Cut Down on Carbs

It is pretty well known that eating too many carbs will add on the pounds. Refined carbohydrates like muffins, cake, chips, candy, and syrups turn into fat if they aren’t burned. There are also many foods you might not realize are high in carbs, like many breakfast cereals and fruit yogurt, that have a lot of added sugar and should also be minimized or avoided. Healthier less fattening options are Greek plain yogurt and cereal with less added sugar. You should also include small amounts of healthy fats in your diet like unsalted nuts, avocado, olive oil, and seeds.By reducing carbs and lowering insulin levels, you change the hormonal environment and make your body and brain “want” to lose weight.

Avoid Food Shopping When Hungry

Have you noticed that you tend to buy more food, usually junk food when you are hungry? Schedule your time so that you don’t go food shopping until after you finish eating a healthy meal. You might be surprised how much less unhealthy and fattening foods you will buy. You will also save money.

Change What You Drink

Drinking soda and juice will add to your weight gain because they are essentially liquid candy.Soda doesn’t even provide any nutritional value, only lots of sugar and too many calories. You should drink water, coffee, unsweetened beverages, or tea instead. Besides, drinking water is not only helpful in that it has no calories, it is healthy for your body overall, and is helpful when trying to lose weight.

Limit Your Sugar Intake

It’s not easy fighting against your sweet tooth. After all, sugar makes food taste good. It is added to so many foods like soups, salad dressings, bread, and yogurts. Because there is so much sugar in most of the foods you eat, it is even more important to try to reduce your intake of sugar by eating significantly less candy, cookies, cakes, ice cream, donuts, and other sugary goodies. It is easier to allow yourself an occasional dessert instead of cutting it out of your diet completely. It is human nature to want something more if we can’t have it.

Reduce your temptation to eat calorie-ridden foods by keeping them out of your house. Make sure you always have healthy foods in your pantry and in your refrigerator. It can also help to tell friends and family that you are trying to lose weight so they can help encourage you. They also might want to join you in your efforts and try to lose weight as well. Think positively about yourself and give yourself credit when it is due on your journey to a thinner and healthier you.

Do you have any of your own tips on how to lose weight the healthy way? Here’s a list of types of websites that are most popular today if you want to share your story and build your own audience.

 

By | 2018-07-13T00:53:13+00:00 July 11th, 2018|Health & Fitness|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment