Monster Jam 2018

Monster Jam

I received tickets to Monster Jam in exchange for my post.

This January, we went to our second Monster Jam show.  Last year was the first time we had ever been to a Monster Jam show, and we had no idea what to expect.  So it was fun to go back in 2018 and see some Monster Trucks from last year and lots of new ones too.

We went to a pre-show Pit Party before the actual Monster Jam began – you can purchase tickets for this event at select Monster Jam shows.  I definitely recommend it, because it is cool to see the trucks, sit on ATVs, take photos with the drivers, get merchandise signed, and more.

Monster Jam 2018

The trucks are impressive in person.  The trucks themselves average over 10 feet tall, and the tires are taller than my kids, and those giant BKT tires weigh about 800 lbs each!

Monster Jam 2018

How cool to see Grave Digger right up close!

Monster Jam 2018

Monster Jam started off with a race to see who would place fastest.

Monster Jam 2018

In addition to races, there is a donut competition, two-wheel skill competition, and a freestyle competition.  It is fun to see the drivers get creative and show off!

Monster Jam 2018

And of course there were some oops, too!

Monster Jam 2018

One of the cool things about Monster Jam is that the drivers also drive ATVs.

Monster Jam 2018

The drivers race some courses, paring down to a head to head competition between the top two.

Monster Jam 2018 ATV

At the end, one Monster Truck team is the champion!  Some of the event winners were based on speed, and others involved audience participation.

We had a fun day at Monster Jam, from meeting drivers to seeing the trucks in action!

Tip: We brought some ear plugs, which I would say is a must, especially if you have kids (they also sell hearing protection).

Visit Monster Jam at

By | 2018-01-15T03:20:58+00:00 January 14th, 2018|Entertainment, Family Fun, Travel|23 Comments

1. Julie Plagens January 14, 2018 at 4:09 am - Reply

So cool to see girls there. I’ve nevv been, but it looks fun!

2. Yu Lan January 14, 2018 at 4:30 am - Reply

This sounds like so much fun. My two nephews would go crazy! They love monster trucks! Maybe I should take my daughter to an event like this too when she’s a little older. She also loves cars and trucks!

3. Shell January 14, 2018 at 4:34 am - Reply

This looks super fun!i have a little boy and he would be thrilled to get to do this!!! What a fun afternoon you spent together!

4. Amber Ludwig January 15, 2018 at 12:56 am - Reply

So fun!! We’ve been wanting to take my son for so so long!! We have a smaller one locally but I think we’d have to travel a bit to catch this one! Love that you got awesome photo opps!!

5. Danielle January 15, 2018 at 6:05 pm - Reply

Monster Jam is the best! I love it so much. I think I actually love it more than my son. Is it weird that I read this entire post in the voice of that guy who always says, “Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!”?

6. magen January 15, 2018 at 6:24 pm - Reply

I have never been one to enjoy events like this, but my son does. I take him whenever we get a chance. I just hope he doesn’t grow up to drive one of these!

7. Sarah Bailey January 15, 2018 at 8:53 pm - Reply

This looks so cool to watch! I would absolutely LOVE to go to Monster Jam sometime, it was something that fascinated me even as a child.

8. Audrey January 15, 2018 at 11:04 pm - Reply

What’s not to love about monster trucks? My family loves them! We haven’t been in a while. Looks like you had a lot of fun! 800 pound tires???? WOW!

9. Heather January 16, 2018 at 1:07 am - Reply

You know I’ve never been to a Monster Jam show but I’ve always been fascinated by them. I wonder if my kids would like it. Judging by your photos and your experience, they just might love it! I definitely need to see when they are in our area and find out if we can head over as one of our family outings.

10. sara January 16, 2018 at 1:26 am - Reply

I have four sons and I know they would have a blast at Monster Jam! THank you for sharing these fabulous photos.

11. Aduke Schulist January 16, 2018 at 3:53 am - Reply

I’ve never been to a show like this before. I need to put this on my “must do” list.

12. Alysia Bear January 16, 2018 at 5:00 am - Reply

I went to Monster Jam when I was little and thought it was insane- so cool! I think it’s awesome that they do this but then think of the repairs and the waste, as well as the environmental impact and I stopped enjoying motorsports as much. Wish there was a cleaner way to accomplish the same things but that crunching, smashing and squashing is definitely alluring lol

13. Joely Smith January 16, 2018 at 5:37 am - Reply

Monster Jam is such a great family time! We enjoyed going to it locally so much! The only downside was the venue was very small in size so we did get a little chocked out and had to go get hair but that was just at one point during the event. We would absolutely go again!

14. Chubskulit Rose January 16, 2018 at 12:29 pm - Reply

My son would love this event! Sadly, we don’t have this kind of activities around here, that’s the disadvantage of living in a small town.

15. Tim B January 16, 2018 at 9:06 pm - Reply

Hadn’t seen the Scooby Doo truck before. I like the look of that one! My son has been asking about us going to see one of these shows. We’re going to have to check it out some time.

16. Melanie January 16, 2018 at 10:48 pm - Reply

My youngest loves cars and trucks. Monster Jam would make for such a fun family outing. Although I first read the pre-show fun as a Pity Party and wasn’t sure. But it makes way more sense now.

17. Mary Edwards January 17, 2018 at 2:38 am - Reply

My son loved the Monster Jam when it came to our city a few years back. His fave is grave digger! We had some amazing box seats 🙂

18. shelly peterson January 17, 2018 at 2:49 am - Reply

My grandson love going to Monster Jam. Looks like you guys had fun.

19. Claudia Krusch January 17, 2018 at 3:30 am - Reply

We went last year! It was so much fun! We loved it!

20. valmg @ Mom Knows It All January 17, 2018 at 4:37 am - Reply

Look at the dog truck, I love the nose on the front! I bet my nephew would really enjoy going to one of these shows.

21. Chei Pangan January 17, 2018 at 4:40 pm - Reply

Oh my! My male cousins and bro would definitely love to be in Monster Jam. They love this kind of show.

22. Lynndee January 17, 2018 at 7:38 pm - Reply

Oh, wow! I bet that is a lot of fun to watch. My husband and son would surely have a blast watching that show.

23. Karen Propes March 10, 2018 at 3:05 am - Reply

I want to go to this so bad, my husband went to one in our area and loved it. I’m going next time and take the Grandkids I know they will love it also.