Road Tripping in Mexico With Our BubbleBum Booster Seat

Bubble Bum

I received a Bubble Bum car seat in exchange for my honest review.

We do a lot of traveling.  When we booked a trip to Mexico this year, we were wondering what to do when it came to our rental car.  We need a booster seat for our daughter, but the idea of bringing or renting a carseat was a little overwhelming.

After doing some research, we discovered BubbleBum.  This is a portable, inflatable booster seat.  There are a variety of colors and designs to choose from, and we chose the pink for my daughter.

Before going on our trip, I made sure the BubbleBum booster was completely deflated and put it in its drawstring bag. The nice thing about the carrying bag is that it is very lightweight, so you aren’t adding bulky weight when you travel.  The BubbleBum weighs just over 1 lb and deflates so that it is very flat.  I recommend sitting on it to make sure all the air is out and then closing the valve.  The booster slips right into my backpack and also the front pocket of our carryon luggage.

BubbleBum

When we arrived in Mexico, it was late afternoon and we were tired, and we just wanted to get on the road so we could start our vacation. While the car rental place got our paperwork ready, I got out the BubbleBum seat.

BubbleBum

The BubbleBum inflated quickly and I placed it in the car.  Note the belt positioner – there is one for the lap belt and one for the shoulder belt, to help keep both belts in the proper positions.

BubbleBum

My main goal with a booster seats is safety – and the BubbleBum has been crash tested and both meets and exceeds car seat safety standards.

But there was another awesome benefit on this trip. In our vehicle at home, the kids have no problem seeing out the window of our own vehicle. However, in our rental – a kind of car we had never been in before – the windows were so high that my 8 year old could barely see out. Those few inches provided by the BubbleBum booster were the difference between seeing out and not seeing out the window.  I would totally recommend this even if you needed a booster for other purposes (like the movie theater).

BubbleBum

Our trip went smoothly with the BubbleBum. It didn’t shift or lose air, and was comfortable, compact and easy to use.

BubbleBum

At the end of our trip, we returned our car to the rental place… (let’s just say it was a bit messier than when we left 9 days earlier)!

BubbleBum

We were tired, in a rush, frazzled, and it was starting to rain. Of course we were in a rush to clean out the car, pack up our stuff, and get the Bubble Bum packed away so that we could get to the airport on time. While the kids were busy playing with a dog they found, I quickly undid the valve on the booster, folded it in half, sat on it to flatten it, and slipped it into my luggage in a matter of moments.

BubbleBum

Now that we are back home, I fully plan on keeping our BubbleBum on hand.  There have been so many times I have been in a pinch for an extra booster.  I will keep this in the car so that if I end up needing an extra booster seat, it won’t be an issue.  For example, I have gone to a sports practice or Girl Scout event and ended up bringing an extra child home, but it ends up being a shuffle where we have to find an extra carseat.  I can think of so many times this would have come in handy, and I’m sure it will continue to get a lot of use!

By | 2017-12-09T23:40:50+00:00 December 2nd, 2017|Product Reviews, Safety, Travel|31 Comments

1. Maryann D. December 3, 2017 at 12:46 pm - Reply

I never heard of BubbleBum but what a terrific idea. My children would have been happy to have one of these when they were young.

2. Amber Ludwig December 5, 2017 at 11:35 pm - Reply

So super convenient!! I love that its so compact and easy to use! Perfect for travel!! Safety is super important!! Especially in Mexico lol!! The driving down there terrified me!

3. robin rue December 6, 2017 at 1:19 pm - Reply

This sounds like a super convenient booster seat. It’s nice and compact, so that makes it the perfect fit to take along on road trips.

4. Alli Smith December 6, 2017 at 1:21 pm - Reply

I love that this booster seat deflates and can fit into your carry-on luggage! I need to get one for my grandson when he’s a little bit older. I hate having to cart around big, bulky booster seats.

5. Amber Myers December 6, 2017 at 1:26 pm - Reply

This would come in handy! I love how easy it is to use. I needed something like this when my kids were smaller.

6. Tomi C December 6, 2017 at 2:22 pm - Reply

Adding BubbleBum to my list of Road Trip with Kids Essentials list. The compact size and the convenience of only weighing 1 lb. plus a carrying bag is a huge plus.

7. Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh December 6, 2017 at 4:20 pm - Reply

Wow, that is so convenient! Perfect for traveling, and for grandparents to have. I know many parents buy two sets of things like that for them to have, and this would be a great alternative!

8. Jeanette December 6, 2017 at 4:45 pm - Reply

That is actually a perfect travel item. My son still needs a booster and so we have a really cheap one. I think he would like this one much better because it would not hurt his behind as much.

9. candy December 6, 2017 at 6:46 pm - Reply

Haven’t heard of this type of booster seat. Will show my daughter so she can check with her state car seat rules to see if this is an option they can use later when kids get older.

10. Heather December 6, 2017 at 10:42 pm - Reply

I didn’t know inflatable boosters existed. This is so convenient for travelers or if you don’t have a lot of space.

11. Jenn @ EngineerMommy December 6, 2017 at 10:58 pm - Reply

My older kid already has a booster seat but now my younger one is getting close to the age of switching to a booster. This looks like a great one!

12. Pam December 6, 2017 at 11:18 pm - Reply

We actually have one of these. We haven’t used it yet but it looks like It worked out really well for y’all.

13. Claudia Krusch December 7, 2017 at 4:39 am - Reply

BubbleBum would be a great option for travelling. I have never heard of an inflatable booster seat before.

14. Ali Rost December 7, 2017 at 4:48 am - Reply

This is such a great idea. I’m going to show it to my daughter-in-law. It looks like it would be a wonderful solution for the times when my grandson needs rides from other relatives. With something like the BubbleBum Booster Seat, they wouldn’t have to hassle with transferring a big clunky booster seat from one car to the next. x

15. Ricci December 7, 2017 at 6:41 am - Reply

What a cool travel booster seat! I know several of my friends who would love this! I need to tell them about it!!

16. Chasity L Boatman December 7, 2017 at 11:18 am - Reply

This looks so easy to install, and it’s not big and bulky like other ones. Very handy for travel and for relatives.

17. valmg @ Mom Knows It All December 7, 2017 at 12:15 pm - Reply

This is a great idea for folks who travel! It’s also a great idea for folks like grandparents who may not have a child in their car all of the time.

18. Jeanine December 7, 2017 at 2:41 pm - Reply

What a wonderful idea. Perfect for the holidays and upcoming trips lots of people will be taking! I know we could use one or two of these!

19. Kita Bryant December 7, 2017 at 5:16 pm - Reply

That thing actually looks comfy! I like that it fits the older kids too, very nice product!

20. Michelle Cantu December 7, 2017 at 8:48 pm - Reply

This is genius! WE lugged around a booster seat on our last vacation and it was such a hassle. I contemplated renting one for next time, but this is such an amazing option. We will definitely be getting one.

21. LaShawn December 8, 2017 at 10:00 am - Reply

I’ve never heard of this, but it’s such a great idea. This is an amazing option for travel!

22. Morgan Steph January 8, 2018 at 3:42 am - Reply

I’m amazed at how small it stores. Looks like such a useful parenting tool!

23. Bethann Wagner January 8, 2018 at 4:11 am - Reply

We love our Bubble Bum – best invention ever!

24. ashley peavey January 8, 2018 at 4:32 am - Reply

This looks so convenient! I need to remember for when my son is older!

25. Tiffany Barry January 8, 2018 at 10:00 am - Reply

This looks so great! I’ve never heard of a booster seat that travels so well. I’m definitely keeping this for when the baby gets old enough.

26. Angie January 9, 2018 at 3:08 pm - Reply

What a great booster seat and so convenient for traveling. I had never heard of it but what a great product!

27. Meagan January 9, 2018 at 4:03 pm - Reply

I will need to keep this in mind when our baby is ready for a booster seat because it sounds great for traveling.

28. Vanessa November 13, 2018 at 6:16 am - Reply

That’s terrific! I can see ya using this at the movie theatre or the baseball games!

29. Anna November 13, 2018 at 12:19 pm - Reply

This is the first time I have heard about this product. My husband and I has been talking about buying two boaster seat for our daughter so each car has one. Checking out this product.

30. Tiffani November 13, 2018 at 10:34 pm - Reply

I love this!! It looks so comfy and bright!! This would come in handy when my daughter is out of her car seat!

31. Flossie McCowald November 14, 2018 at 3:39 pm - Reply

I’ve heard of these before but was always skeptical – glad to hear they ARE as good as they seem! And that your daughter liked it! And that there is a shoulder-belt-positioner-thingy too! – so important for safety for littler ones!