Taylor Farm, Londonderry, VT

Taylor Farm

We travel to and through Vermont a lot, and usually we are on a schedule to get to a destination by a certain time.  We have passed Taylor Farm countless times, but have never stopped.  It is one of those places that looks cute, but we are either going too fast or don’t have enough time, so on a recent leisurely trip, we made the time to stop.

There is a sign right along the road, and there is a red farm building shop you can see from the road.  As I pulled in, there were a bunch of chickens wandering in the parking lot, so I carefully pulled into a spot (as the kids shrieked that I better not run over any chickens!).

The shop is full of goodies, from maple syrup to cheese, local goods like soaps, yarn, and more.

Taylor Farm Londonderry VT

We didn’t have a cooler with us so we bought a small block of cheese to eat on the way to our destination.  They had some great cheese to choose from, and I pretty much wanted one of everything!

Taylor Farm Cheese

They make their own cheese too!

Taylor Farm Cheese

The kids were grouchy after being in the car for a long time, but when I saw food and brushes in the shop by the side door, I grabbed some and took the kids back outside…

Taylor Farm Londonderry Vt

Outside, there are signs pointing in the direction of animals.

Taylor Farm Londonderry Vermont

The kids were still whining and complaining when the chickens came out.  And wouldn’t you know, a big pot belly pig noticed the commotion and waddled out from under a tractor.  The girls were instantly besides themselves and had a blast hanging out with the pig and the rest of the farm animals.

Taylor Farm Pig

This is such a cute place to visit in Vermont.  I love supporting local and it was the best break to stretch our legs!  Next time I come through I hope to be prepared with a cooler so I can grab some cheese on the way home.

Visit Taylor Farm online at http://www.taylorfarmvermont.com/

By | 2018-01-03T02:36:05+00:00 November 1st, 2017|Travel|19 Comments

1. Maryann D. November 2, 2017 at 8:59 am - Reply

Taylor Farms seems wonderful to visit! I love that shop and any place with animals is always a hit with my family.

2. Jeanine November 2, 2017 at 2:42 pm - Reply

What a wonderful place to visit. I love taking my kids to farms and places like this ,they love it and its great to explore!

3. Rosie November 2, 2017 at 8:44 pm - Reply

Hi nice place to stop and visit. And to pet the little critters. It makes me miss having a few chickens and a cute little goat

4. Janet W. November 4, 2017 at 9:42 am - Reply

What a cute gift shop! My grandsons would love to see the animals!

5. Julie Wood November 4, 2017 at 12:41 pm - Reply

What a really wonderful place to visit and I would love to go to Vermont. The gift shop is awesome and I would love to get me some maple syrup.

6. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle November 9, 2017 at 7:43 pm - Reply

That looks like so much fun! I want to go brush ALL the animals. And, uh… also take my kids? (I’ll go even if they don’t). 😉

7. Vera November 9, 2017 at 7:45 pm - Reply

Taylor Farm alone is worth a trip to Vermont! I love all the animals and the gift shop. I am in love with that pig!

8. Danielle November 9, 2017 at 7:48 pm - Reply

Taylor Farm looks amazing. I have always loved visiting farms like this with the kids, and this looks like far and away the best one we could ever go to. Thanks!

9. Joely Smith November 9, 2017 at 10:37 pm - Reply

I would love to visit Taylor Farm! These are the kind of outings my family truly loves! Such a wholesome way to spend quality time together!

10. Leah November 10, 2017 at 4:26 am - Reply

This looks like such a great place! Goats are my favorite so that would be on my list to see first! I also would love to try the different cheeses!

11. Carol Cassara November 10, 2017 at 2:05 pm - Reply

What an awesome place for a stopover especially if you’re in for a long drive. I think it’s really nice that the guests get a chance to feed and pet the animals in the farm! So cool!

12. Kathy November 10, 2017 at 6:14 pm - Reply

That looks like a very fun place. My daughters would have a lot of fun here. We love all kinds of farm animals.

13. Wendy Polisi November 10, 2017 at 7:38 pm - Reply

What an adorable little stop off. My kids would love this place!

14. Marissa Zurfluh November 10, 2017 at 7:39 pm - Reply

I am in love with this place already. Definitely a little place to add to our list.

15. Nancy at Whispered Inspirations November 10, 2017 at 8:19 pm - Reply

What an adorable place to visit. I know so many kids would love this place. Totally adding it to our list of ‘must visit’ places.

16. Erin F November 11, 2017 at 4:34 am - Reply

Oh my goodness! This reminds me of my honeymoon! We actually went to Vermont about 20 years ago to check out getting jobs at Burton Snowboards and the rest of the time was well, the honeymoon! We rented a car and drove all over the country side with a PAPER map with no where to go, no one to see, nowhere to be at any given time. It was so awesome and was almost as if we had the whole state to ourselves! The farms were the best part. We’d come up on places like Taylor Farm, Dakin Farm etc. and they would have all sorts of cheese and sausage samples (so much that you could make a meal out of it!). This really brought back some memories! Loved reading your post!

17. Dhemz November 12, 2017 at 2:47 am - Reply

Wow, the shop looks pretty neat. That’s really cool that they make their own cheese too. Seems like a good place to visit. Thanks for sharing!

18. Leigh Borders November 13, 2017 at 6:22 am - Reply

We love taking our children’s to local farms. There are so many great memory making opportunities at a farm.

19. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly November 13, 2017 at 10:46 am - Reply

I don’t get out to Vermont much, in fact I have never visited there but would definitely like to! Sounds like Taylor Farm is a must see stop! What is in the cheese called “Sambal” and which one did you buy to take with you on the car trip? That Garlic Peppercorn sounds nice!