RawSpiceBar Spice Shop & Subscription Box

Raw Spice Bar

I received sample spices in exchange for my honest review.

With the new school year underway, it has been a whirlwind of back to school activities, long days at work, and running around from one thing to another.  Needless to say my cooking has become very basic over the past several weeks.  I was excited to try some spices from Raw Spice Bar to literally spice up my cooking routine!

I have tried Raw Spice Bar in the past – which delivers fresh spices right to your door.  They have since then added new subscription services as well as a spice shop!

Freshly Ground Spices & Blends, Shipped Quarterly in Small Batches.

Freshly ground spices & blends, crafted in house weekly and shipped fresh in small batches.

Spice Sets and Gift Sets

Spice Subscriptions

I love the idea of trying out new spices, and being surprised!  The great part is that they don’t leave you hanging – the spices come with plenty of recipe ideas – so don’t feel overwhelmed!  You can get a monthly delivery or quarterly, which is also nice to have options.

I recently received some spices to try, including Montreal Steak Rub and Szechuan Five Spice.  The spices come in what I call ‘usable’ amounts.  In other words, I have so many full size jars of spices that won’t get used up before expiration, so it is nice to have a portion of spice I will actually use up.  It gives you a chance to try a spice, sample new flavors, and experiment with different recipes.

Raw Spice Bar

Spice Shop

Last year I received some Indo-French Vadouvan.  Having no idea what this was, I found a recipe for Mac & Cheese Vadouvan on the Raw Spice Bar website. I absolutely loved this twist on Mac & Cheese and have been wanting to make it again, so now I have the opportunity to purchase it again, now that Raw Spice Bar has a shop.

Raw Spice Bar Mac & Cheese

You can purchase individual spices, and you can also purchase Spice Sets.  For example, the Japanese Spice Set, which contains Shichimi Togarashi, Japanese Turmeric Curry, Nori Furikake, Sansho Green Peppercorns, Black Sesame Seeds, and White Sesame Seeds.  This is a great gift idea especially for people who are hard to shop for!

Japanese Spice set

I wasn’t sure quite what to expect from the Raw Spice Bar delivery.  And while I generally find cooking to be a chore, I actually found myself inspired!  It was fun to try some new recipes, and they were all a success.  A lot of the people in our lives are really tough to find gifts for, but this would be perfect.  How many people do you know that just don’t want more ‘stuff’?  The Raw Spice Bar packets are great, because you get inspired, make the recipes, and actually use up the spices.  I loved feeling creative and enjoying delicious dishes with my family.

Visit Raw Spice Bar at http://rawspicebar.com/

Follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.

By | 2017-10-29T23:38:28+00:00 October 20th, 2017|Food, Meal Prep, Product Reviews|22 Comments

1. Maryann D. October 21, 2017 at 12:13 pm - Reply

Raw Spice Bar delivery subscription would be fun to have. I enjoy trying different seasonings and spices and this is a super way to try them out.

2. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle October 23, 2017 at 12:22 pm - Reply

Oooh. This sounds perfect for me. I live in a home of adventurous eaters (thankfully) so a subscription service like this that allows me to try out new spice blends is perfect!

3. Bill Sweeney October 23, 2017 at 12:22 pm - Reply

Raw Spice Bar sounds awesome! I love to experiment with new flavors, and the family is generally pretty open to it. I’d love to try that rub the next time I do some grilling. I have to check these guys out!

4. steph parrell October 23, 2017 at 4:55 pm - Reply

I do love this idea as I agree many spices come in too big of a container to be used. Although I use Montreal steak spice for everything! Lol

5. Alicia Taylor October 23, 2017 at 5:47 pm - Reply

Now, this is a subscription box I can get behind! I love trying new flavors.

6. Leah October 23, 2017 at 7:35 pm - Reply

This is totally a subscription that I would like to have!! I never know what spices to mix together and I’m always missing one or two of the spices I need. This would be great!

7. Sapphire Kharyzma October 23, 2017 at 11:09 pm - Reply

I am a spice lover. I could see me totally trying this subscription. That mac and cheese looks delcious. I have to check out this box and this brand.

8. Sue Reddel October 24, 2017 at 12:23 am - Reply

What a fun and different subscription service. I love that they provide unique spices and recipes to use them in.

9. Tonya October 24, 2017 at 1:29 am - Reply

This is a great concept! I love to try new spice blends when I’m cooking and this would be a great way to do that.

10. Lynsey October 24, 2017 at 2:01 am - Reply

I love raw spice bar! Not just for the spices but for the experience and the recipes it gives me a chance to create, great photos!

11. Claudia Krusch October 24, 2017 at 2:03 am - Reply

I want to try the Japanese Spice Set. This is a subscription I would love. This would be a great gift for anyone that likes to cook.

12. Melissa Dixon October 24, 2017 at 1:36 pm - Reply

I need to try this one out! I love getting a new spin on traditional recipes and adding spices, I have to try this out!

13. Monica Y October 24, 2017 at 2:36 pm - Reply

Not that I need another subscription box, but I would love to have one like this.

14. Kathy October 24, 2017 at 3:00 pm - Reply

These are very interesting. I haven’t heard of this before. I’ll have to look in to it now. These spices sound amazing.

15. ashley October 24, 2017 at 3:50 pm - Reply

this sounds awesome! I love trying new things in the kitchen. I haven’t even heard of some of these. will have to give this a try!

16. Wendy Polisi October 24, 2017 at 8:06 pm - Reply

Spices are sometimes hard to find. Especially fresh ones. This sound like it’s right up my alley.

17. Louise Bishop October 24, 2017 at 8:07 pm - Reply

That is so cool! A lot of spices I’ve never heard of before. I would love to try this.

18. Cyn Gagen October 25, 2017 at 12:30 am - Reply

I love experimenting with new flavours and having these delivered to my door is perfect. I think it would really encourage me to step outside the box and try something different.

19. Mimi Green October 25, 2017 at 2:32 pm - Reply

This sounds like a great experience. I’m not an adventurous person in the kitchen so this would help me out. I will check out the raw spic bar subscription, they are really onto something.

20. Lynndee October 25, 2017 at 6:31 pm - Reply

I love using spices in my cooking and I love trying new dishes or recipes too. I will have to put the Raw Spice Bar on my wish list. Hope Santa gets to read this. 🙂

21. Julie Wood November 23, 2017 at 2:15 pm - Reply

Raw Spice bar is amazing and I like that I can get a subscription. I would love to try these spices in my dishes!

22. Amy D February 3, 2018 at 5:16 pm - Reply

Raw Spice Bar looks like so much fun! I love experimenting with new flavors!