Greek Chickpea Salad

Greek Chickpea Salad

There is something about fresh salads in the summer, and lately I have been a bit obsessed with chickpea salads.  While I usually include a medley of veggies, I recently went to make a salad but was short on tomatoes, which was the inspiration for this version.

Ingredients:

1 English cucumber

1 can garbanzo beans

Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced (approx. 4 oz, but you can add as many as you like!)

Olive oil, salt

Feta cheese

Optional: rice wine vinegar, other veggies like fresh baby spinach, minced shallots

Directions:

Chop the  cucumber, and mix with the drained/rinsed garbanzos and kalamatas

Drizzle with olive oil, add salt to taste.

Top with feta (or mix in as desired).

Check out my other chickpea salad recipe here!

Chickpea Salad

By | 2017-07-17T02:47:54+00:00 July 10th, 2017|Appetizer, Dinner, Food, Vegetarian|15 Comments

1. Joely Smith July 10, 2017 at 7:44 pm - Reply

I love chickpeas! Alwas looking for more ways to use them! This looks so refreshing for summer!

2. Amber Myers July 10, 2017 at 8:10 pm - Reply

Mmm, this looks delicious. I’d just have to leave out the olives though since I’m not really a fan. But everything else looks great!

3. robin rue July 10, 2017 at 9:35 pm - Reply

Mmmm! This sounds so good. Chickpeas are so under-rated, aren’t they? I love them and would eat them every day if I could.

4. Claudia Krusch July 11, 2017 at 12:08 am - Reply

I am always looking for new healthy recipes to try. I will have to get the ingredients I need to make this Greek Chickpea Salad on the weekend. I am sure it will be a hit.

5. Melissa Dixon July 11, 2017 at 1:44 am - Reply

Wow this looks really good. I haven’t had anything like this in a while but I am craving it now.

6. ricci July 11, 2017 at 3:30 am - Reply

This salad sounds and looks super yummy!! It incorporates a lot of things I already love so I know I would probably love it!!

7. Lisa Marie Heath July 11, 2017 at 4:02 am - Reply

This looks so freaking delicious! I love salads that are refreshing and light, so we’ll have to try this soon!

8. Dogvills July 11, 2017 at 5:25 am - Reply

I just love chickpeas. This salad looks so yummy and light. Love that it’s easy to prepare, too.

9. Carol Cassara July 11, 2017 at 4:12 pm - Reply

It looks amazing and perfect for the summer! I love chickpeas as well, I don’t know why but the flavor is really lovely for my taste.

10. Kathy July 11, 2017 at 4:38 pm - Reply

This recipe looks amazing. I love that you have chickpeas in the recipes. I think they’re really good!

11. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place July 11, 2017 at 4:42 pm - Reply

This salad is so easy to put together and it sounds so tasty as well! The chickpeas will no doubt make it more filling! It’s perfect for lunch especially on those super warm days this season.

12. sara July 11, 2017 at 4:56 pm - Reply

Chickpeas are my favorite food! This looks like a perfect way to elevate the chickpea and make it a bit more filling.

13. ellen beck August 10, 2017 at 2:58 am - Reply

I love this combination- so good! I really like chickpeas and also like the “greek’ flavor in this.

14. Julie Wood August 11, 2017 at 1:46 pm - Reply

This salad looks so healthy and delicious! I am going to have to make it and have for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

15. Debra Holloway August 15, 2017 at 9:54 pm - Reply

This looks absolutely delicious. I love salads and this one truly speaks to my appetite.