Our Fun Night at Disney Live! Presents Mickey and Minnie’s Doorway to Magic

Disney Live!

I received tickets to Disney Live! in exchange for my blog post.

My kids love all things Disney, so they were very excited to hear that we were taking them to see Disney Live!  We weren’t even quite sure what it was, so it was fun to have that anticipation as we waited to see what it would be like.

Disney Live! is a live show with lots of Disney characters telling stories, dancing, and performing.  We brought my daughter and her friend, who both just turned 7.  They were so excited to go and they were cheering as the curtains went up.  The show opened with Minnie, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, and it was so much fun to hear the kids in the audience screaming when each of the characters came out.

Disney Live!

The girls enjoyed the whole show, and were also very excited to see some of their favorite characters, like Rapunzel from Tangled.

Disney Live!

There were a lot of really cool performances and tricks.  I wasn’t sure how much the kids would be into Buzz Lightyear, but Buzz did a really cool show with green lasers, and I think even I was mesmerized!

Disney Live!

The laser show was followed by some impressive tricks by some of the other Toy Story characters, from a box that kept filling up with men, to some cool jump-roping, rope tricks, and more.

Disney Live!

I have to say I was even impressed by some of the illusions myself – like Mickey’s magical brooms, which danced on their own, Rapunzel floating, and a magic trick of cutting someone in half.

Before we went, I was worried that the girls might be getting too old for this show, as they both just turned 7.  However, they both had a blast and never once did they say anything about being bored.  Afterwards, they kept talking about the show and looking through the playbook.

Disney Live!

This show is great for younger kids, and I thought they did a wonderful job of putting together a performance to keep littler kids engaged in the show.  The stories and characters changed frequently and everything was very visually appealing.  The show really seemed to keep the audience’s attention, especially when there were a lot of very young kids.

The length of the show was also great, as ours was about 7-8:30 with a short intermission.  It was nice to get home and get the kids to bed at a decent time, but also just right for keeping their attention span.  There aren’t a ton of shows in our city that are truly geared towards a younger audience, so if you have younger kids like toddlers, this is perfect!

This is such a fun show, and while it is great for all ages, it is nice to have a show designed for younger children.  We got out a bunch of princess dresses and the girls were so excited to wear them to the show.  It was a special experience for them and I can think of so many kids we know who would love to see this!

Check out Disney Live! and see what cities they are visiting at http://www.disneylive.com/

Follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.

By | 2016-12-16T23:12:54+00:00 November 20th, 2016|Children, Entertainment|14 Comments

1. Cathi Crismon December 22, 2016 at 12:54 am - Reply

I love Disney Live! It’s like being at one of the Disney theme parks watching it live.

2. Dana Vento December 22, 2016 at 1:29 pm - Reply

I love Disney, I love their shows and I love Disney during the holidays. Looks like you really had a fun night together as a family. Merry Christmas

3. Jennifer December 22, 2016 at 1:52 pm - Reply

Oh my gosh, that looks like so much fun. Honestly, if I didn’t feel like people would stare at me, I’d still go myself even though my daughter is grown.

4. Denise C December 22, 2016 at 2:06 pm - Reply

My kids would obviously love to see it, but I’d be pretty excited myself. I don’t have nearly enough Buzz Lightyear in my life.

5. Ashley December 22, 2016 at 7:00 pm - Reply

We love Disney! This looks like a great show. I’ll have to keep my eye out for when it comes to my area.

6. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle October 4, 2017 at 12:14 pm - Reply

Disney Live is SO MUCH FUN! We’ve been to these shows several times, and they’re always a blast. The kids love them. So do my husband and I.

7. GiGi Eats October 4, 2017 at 1:36 pm - Reply

I have never ever been to something like this before! I think if I had kids, they would be SOOOOO enamoured by it! I don’t think I would go by myself, or for date night with my husband though, hahahaha! This is going to sound CRAZY but I am not much of a Mickey Mouse Fan :o! lol

8. Joely Smith October 4, 2017 at 11:19 pm - Reply

What fun! I miss having little kids! We used to enjoy shows like this. I am glad the show ended at a reasonable time for little ones to get to bed at a decent hour!

9. Colleen Fowler October 5, 2017 at 12:21 am - Reply

I wish we lived closer to a disney destination! What a wonderful way to give your kids memories.

10. Melissa Dixon October 5, 2017 at 1:10 pm - Reply

Wow this looks like a fun time! I would love to go see this with the family!

11. Victoria Heckstall October 6, 2017 at 12:27 am - Reply

Wow!! This looks so much fun. I wish I can go now to Disney to watch this kind of show. It seems your kids so much happiness and enjoys this show.

12. Jilly Spellman October 6, 2017 at 1:39 am - Reply

I will be seeing if they are playing in my area. My kids would be so excited to go to something like this.

13. Lynndee October 6, 2017 at 6:46 pm - Reply

I would love to watch that show. I have no doubt that it is such a fun show to watch. If it’s from Disney, it must be fun. Too bad they are not going to have it here in our city.

14. Bethany Stout October 7, 2017 at 8:10 am - Reply

Oh my gosh this looks like so much fun. My granddaughter is a huge fan of Minnie and I think she would love this. It’s always fun to see our favorite characters come to life.