Dinosaurland: Go on an Amazing Adventure!

dinosaurland
Our family loves to explore – we love taking trips, learning about new things, and adventures as a family.  Dinosaurland in Utah is exactly the kind of place we enjoy visiting.  Spanning over 200,000 acres, this part of Utah and Colorado are packed with family-friendly activities and destinations.

Getting there is just half the fun – Vernal, Utah and Dinosaur National Monument are between Yellowstone, Rocky Mountain and Arches National Parks.  Beside everything there is to see in Dinosaurland, it is hard to pass up on such great National Parks.  I know my kids complain a lot about time spent in the car, but this would be such an amazing road trip, with more than enough to see and do.  It would be tough to have to decide on an itinerary with so much to choose from!

Being that this area is rich with findings of dinosaur bones and fossils, a great place to check out is the Dinosaur Quarry Exhibit Hall and Visitor Center. Here, you can even touch real dinosaur bones – what better way to learn about the natural history of the area than with such great visual and hands on exhibits!

dinosaurland

I know my kids would love to experience dinosaur history up close, and would certainly retain a lot of what they learned by visiting and having the chance to touch fossils and bones!

dinosaurland

There are also other nearby museums to choose from for a variety of fun and learning experiences, like the Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum or the Western Heritage Museum.  With so much history in the area, you can make a themed itinerary, like visiting the sites of Outlaw Country (Crouse Canyon, Brown’s Park, Jarvie’s Ranch and Jessie Ewing Canyon).

Dinosaurland spans many miles and has an incredible amount of things to offer besides dinosaur fossils and museums.  There is plenty to keep the family busy, like camping, hiking, biking, boating, swimming, rafting, and other exploring.  The landscape varies, with lots of wildlife and scenic views, making for a unique experience.  In the colder months, you can also enjoy things like snowmobiling or snowshoeing.  Or try something new, like river rafting!

The scenery here is beautiful, and I can’t begin to imagine what a cool experience it would be to do some camping other other outdoor activities in the area.  There are numerous campgrounds to choose from, and how fun to plan a camping trip in the dinosaur’s old stomping grounds!

dinosaurland

Another cool thing about Uintah County, Utah, is that it is well known for it’s petroglyphs and pictographs.  These paintings and etchings left between 1-1200 A.D. are well-preserved are a great way to experience history up close.

dinosaurland

And if the outdoors aren’t necessarily your thing, there are plenty of hotels and other lodging available throughout the area.  Or maybe you want to do a little bit of both, between enjoying the great outdoors and relaxing along the way too.  We love a good road trip and whether or not we plan on staying in hotels or dining out, it is wonderful to have that option.

Check out this video about everything Dinoland has to offer!

Visit Dinosaurland online at http://bit.ly/1O041tq

Check them out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

This post is sponsored by Visit Dinosaurland and Coopertize.

By | 2017-01-03T16:56:03+00:00 April 9th, 2016|camping, Travel|23 Comments

1. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle August 21, 2017 at 7:24 pm - Reply

That is so cool! My kids are obsessed with dinosaurs. Even my oldest is still into them. I think they’d have a great time there.

2. Jeanette August 21, 2017 at 8:58 pm - Reply

That would be so much fun! I love to explore new places and this would definitely rate high on our list to check out! I would love to do this.

3. Lisa Favre August 21, 2017 at 9:11 pm - Reply

Dinosaurland looks like so much fun! I love family trips like these – both educational and adventurous all at once.

4. Tomi C August 21, 2017 at 11:16 pm - Reply

This would be a great place to explore with our dinosaur loving kids. I know they’d get a kick out of seeing the dinosaurs but the petroglyphs and pictographs would make for a great history lesson.

5. Joely Smith August 21, 2017 at 11:42 pm - Reply

I want to go!!! What a wonderful way to learn and enjoy time as a family.

6. Amber Myers August 22, 2017 at 12:45 am - Reply

This is so awesome! My kids would have a blast here. They really are intrigued by dinosaurs.

7. Marcie W. August 22, 2017 at 1:14 am - Reply

Visiting the national parks in Utah are on our family travel bucket list and I will definitely be adding Dinosaurland to our itinerary when we make the trip. It looks like a fantastic place to explore, all while learning about history.

8. Dogvills August 22, 2017 at 3:44 am - Reply

What a fun place for the whole family. My twin granddaughters love dinosaurs. They’ll have so much fun exploring this park.

9. Farrah Less G. August 22, 2017 at 1:47 pm - Reply

My husband and I loves to travel. A place like this is a paradise, mother nature never fails to maze me. WE have been to some part in Colorado what a beautiful state, hopefully next time we will be able to to Utah. I read a lot of good travel stories of Utah. And the Dinosaur attraction is on my list.

10. Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh August 22, 2017 at 3:04 pm - Reply

Oh wow! I’ve never heard of this place before, and this is our kind of vacation! We love adventure and history, and this place looks amazing!

11. Alicia Taylor August 22, 2017 at 3:47 pm - Reply

Several miles? Not something I would expect from a place called “Dinosaurland.” This place looks intriguing. My husband has family in Utah. If we head that way, I’ll be sure to ask for a stop. It looks amazing.

12. Chrystal | Nevermore Lane August 23, 2017 at 1:32 am - Reply

That is so cool. I had no idea anything like that existed. Would be a fun experience to witness that is for sure. Looks pretty amazing.

13. Victoria Heckstall August 23, 2017 at 2:32 am - Reply

I’m shocked. Lol! This is so cool! I want to have a visit here, soon.

14. Shannon Gurnee August 23, 2017 at 2:48 am - Reply

That looks like such a fun place to visit! I bet our kids would love it!

15. ricci August 23, 2017 at 4:23 am - Reply

I had no idea there was such a thing as Dinosaurland!! I have a niece who is dinosaur obsessed so I will have to tell my sister about this!!

16. Adaleta August 23, 2017 at 4:43 am - Reply

Woah now this is super cool! I love this place!

17. Lynsey August 23, 2017 at 6:33 am - Reply

This sounds amazing and it would be perfect for kids who love dinosaurs!

18. HilLesha August 23, 2017 at 12:21 pm - Reply

I have never been to Utah, but I have always wanted to visit because of its beautiful scenery. If I ever go, my family and I definitely need to visit Dinosaurland!

19. Lynndee August 23, 2017 at 2:09 pm - Reply

That place is beautiful! My son has always been fascinated with dinosaurs and I have always wanted to explore Utah. I hope we get to visit one of these days.

20. Aduke Schulist August 23, 2017 at 6:07 pm - Reply

My daughter is all into dinosaurs right now and would LOVE it. I would too because it looks so beautiful. Utah really is a pretty place.

21. TIm B August 23, 2017 at 9:01 pm - Reply

This is great info! We’re planning a big trip out west to visit national parks two years from now and this was very useful to know.

22. Marielle Altenor August 24, 2017 at 4:31 am - Reply

My son loves dinosaurs! Would be amazing to take the whole family to Dinosaurland for some adventures!

23. Shaney Vijendranath August 25, 2017 at 7:28 pm - Reply

My daughter is obsessed with Dinosaurs. She has so many questions and sometimes I just can’t answer them. lol. This would be a dream come true for her.