Easy Eggplant Pasta

Easy Eggplant Pasta

I love coming up with quick ways of using veggies.  Sometimes we have a leftover veggie, a random one in our CSA, or we see some cheap “seconds” at the farmer’s market that I can’t resist.  I created this recipe because we would always get one random eggplant in our CSA vegetable box!

So maybe you have had an eggplant like this one and wasn’t quite sure what to do with it.

Easy Eggplant Pasta

Chop the eggplant into bite-size cubes (remember that they will shrink a little when cooked).

Easy Eggplant Pasta

Saute in a pan with olive oil, and toss with salt.  The eggplant will absorb a lot of oil.  Cook until your desired texture.

Easy Eggplant Pasta

Mix with marinara sauce.  I prefer a plain marinara, so that there aren’t other flavors (like herbs or meat) competing with the flavor of the eggplant.

Easy Eggplant Pasta

Toss with pasta and anything else you might like (cheese, etc).

Easy Eggplant Pasta

Enjoy!

By | 2018-04-04T13:10:40+00:00 July 1st, 2015|Dinner, Food, Pasta, Vegan, Vegetarian|7 Comments

1. Julie Wood August 16, 2017 at 2:27 pm - Reply

This is such healthy pasta with Eggplant. I want to make this for the kids and me. Thanks for the fun recipe!

2. Rosie August 18, 2017 at 3:19 pm - Reply

I never tried using eggplant like this. We love eggplant, I’m eager to try this!

3. ellen beck September 4, 2017 at 3:02 pm - Reply

I have some eggplant in the garden. It is always nice seeing it used. It really is a great vegetable. I think I would like his recipe.

4. Janet W. March 17, 2018 at 11:56 am - Reply

I would love to try this healthy recipe! Looks so delicious!

5. Jana Leah April 3, 2018 at 11:33 pm - Reply

This looks tasty & easy.

6. Lee @ Dragon'sEyeView April 30, 2018 at 12:03 pm - Reply

Thanks, now I know what we are having for dinner tonight. I have all the ingredients — even the slightly randomly damaged eggplant!

Do you ever slice and salt your eggplant and let it sit on a towel for 30 minutes or so to “sweat”? I can’t recall the reasoning (reduce bitterness maybe) but am not sure if it is needed for every recipe.

7. Lee @ Dragon'sEyeView May 1, 2018 at 1:33 am - Reply

Well, my eggplant tuned out a bit mushy in the marinara sauce but it was DELICIOUS! Thank you for a very fine dinner! 🙂