Chia Apple Cider Drink

Chia Apple Cider

I have purchased chia seed drinks over the years and also make my own.  Although I am not a big juice drinker, I love apple cider in the fall.  This is a great way to enjoy apple cider and the benefits of chia seeds.

Chia seeds have been used for a long time because of the benefits (like energy) that they have to offer.  These little seeds are absolutely packed with all kinds of nutrients, are the richest whole food source of Omega-3 (ALA), are a great source of antioxidants, magnesium, iron, and much more.  As a vegetarian, I appreciate the Omega-3’s in chia seeds!

Ingredients

1/4 cup chia seeds

1 cup water

Juice (approx. 1 cup)

Directions

I use a Mason jar, but you can use any kind of container to mix and store your chia seed mixture.

Combine the chia seeds and water.  I shake my jar, but you can stir vigorously.  I generally shake every few minutes for maybe 10 minutes.  You can also allow this mix to sit overnight because the mixture will become very thick, and the chia seeds absorb all the water.  However you can also let the seeds sit for 20-30 minutes and they will get quite thick (thick enough to use).

Chia Seed Drink

Your mixture should be very thick once the chia seeds have soaked up the water.  It should basically be a very gelatinous mixture.

Mix your chia seeds with approximately 1 cup of juice.  You can add more, depending on the consistency you would like.  With more juice, I find that I need to shake or mix my drink a little more often because the chia seed mix won’t be as thick and the chia seeds will start to sink, leaving just juice at the top.

Shake or mix thoroughly to be sure you break up any clumps.  Enjoy!

Chia Apple Cider

Some of my favorite chia seeds:

By | 2018-11-08T12:42:49+00:00 October 19th, 2014|Beverages, Food|19 Comments

1. Candy November 8, 2018 at 12:49 pm - Reply

I would have to use less chia seeds in our drink. It does sound like a refreshing apple drink for anytime of year

2. lisa Murano November 8, 2018 at 1:04 pm - Reply

This sounds yummy. I’ve never tried a chia seed drink but I do have them on hand, so I’m trying it this morning!

3. Amber Myers November 8, 2018 at 1:15 pm - Reply

I do enjoy my apple cider. Chia seeds scare me a bit, but I would still give them a try. I do like to taste everything at least once!

4. Jeanette November 8, 2018 at 1:46 pm - Reply

I need to try this. I need to get more chia seeds in my diet. This is a great way to do it and I love apple cider.

5. Tomi C November 8, 2018 at 3:27 pm - Reply

Fall is definitely apple cider time. I confess I would’ve never thought to pair apple cider with chia seeds what a healthy mash-up.

6. Tasheena November 8, 2018 at 3:59 pm - Reply

This is such a clever idea. I love learning new ways to incorporate my chia seeds in the foods/drinks I already love.

7. Melanie November 8, 2018 at 6:32 pm - Reply

Apple flavors are my favorite during the fall time. I have some version of a hot apple beverage every few days. Tasty!

8. MELANIE EDJOURIAN November 8, 2018 at 7:06 pm - Reply

I do like apple cider and really should drink it more often. Never tried it with chia seeds although I do use those in my smoothies.

9. Sarah Bailey November 8, 2018 at 9:49 pm - Reply

This sounds like an interesting drink I have never thought about using chia seeds in things. It is amazing all the things you can do with these seeds I really need to try and use them in more things.

10. Pam November 8, 2018 at 10:13 pm - Reply

Chia seeds are so good for you. Chia apple cider sounds perfect for fall.

11. Melissa November 8, 2018 at 11:37 pm - Reply

Oh I love Chia seeds. I never thought of an apple cider drink! Perfect for fall! I may have to make one for the weekend.

12. Heather November 9, 2018 at 12:21 am - Reply

I never thought to put chia seeds into a drink. I’ll have to try that sometime.

13. Jona Shares November 9, 2018 at 2:02 am - Reply

I actually have chia seeds stock and been actually thinking of what to do with it aside from including on water. Now I have something new to try.

14. Gervin Khan November 9, 2018 at 5:27 am - Reply

I have never tried to add chia seeds in any of my drinks but this one looks really delicious and healthy and I would love to try this.

15. Catalina November 9, 2018 at 8:47 am - Reply

I love chia seeds, but I never tried to use them in an apple cider drink! This needs to happen!

16. Chubskulit Rose November 9, 2018 at 5:05 pm - Reply

I love putting chia on oatmeal and fruit shakes. You gave me an idea on what to try it next.

17. Natalie November 9, 2018 at 9:23 pm - Reply

This looks amazing! I absolutely love chia seeds – I will have to give this recipe a try tonight!

18. Terri Steffes November 9, 2018 at 10:12 pm - Reply

I can never get my chai seeds to swell up like that! This looks so good and something I know I would enjoy!

19. Debra November 12, 2018 at 2:15 am - Reply

I really love chia seeds, but they never seem to swell like that! I am going to try this out again!