Easy Sauteed Spinach

It is so easy to prepare fresh spinach, and it makes a quick and healthy side.  Packed with iron and other great nutrients, spinach has so much to offer and is delicious too!  This is a versatile side dish and you can use different ingredients for different flavors.  Since it only takes a few minutes to make, you can have it ready in no time.

Ingredients

Bag of fresh spinach (baby spinach if possible)

Olive oil or butter

1-2 tablespoons chopped garlic

Salt to taste

Spinach

Directions

Heat approx 1 tablespoon butter or oil in a pan.

Add your garlic and then spinach.

If necessary, press on the spinach with a spatula to help it wilt, and then continue to stir.

Cook briefly, as you only need to quickly wilt the spinach.  I prefer mine very fresh, not browned – I remove it from the heat as soon as it is wilted.

Add salt if desired, to taste.

You can also do other combinations – such as a dash of rice wine vinegar, and top with white sesame seeds.

As far as servings, I could easily eat the whole bag of spinach!  However, you could probably get 2-3 servings out of the “average” size bag of baby spinach.

By | 2018-04-25T20:37:29+00:00 March 17th, 2014|Appetizer, Food, Vegan, Vegetarian|8 Comments

1. candy June 17, 2018 at 9:54 pm - Reply

We love fresh spinach and it is growing wonderfully in my garden right now. I don’t usually saute our spinach not something most family members enjoy. Will have to try out your version.

2. Melissa Chapman June 17, 2018 at 10:04 pm - Reply

I am vegan so I love a new recipe and spinach is so good for you. I love the idea of a vegetable I have not been using lately to surprise the family.

3. Jenn June 18, 2018 at 2:28 am - Reply

Okay, this sounds so good. I love spinach with just about everything. I’m always looking for new ways to try cooking it. I’ll have to try this next.

4. Terri June 18, 2018 at 4:10 am - Reply

This is one of my favorite ways to eat spinach. We grow a lot of it and this has to be the most delicious way to eat it!

5. NYC Single Mom June 18, 2018 at 10:13 am - Reply

Not a fan of spinach but know I need to add more greens to my diet. Looks like delicious and quick recipe.

6. Terri Beavers June 18, 2018 at 12:15 pm - Reply

I wanted to grow spinach this year but never got around to it. I love it sauteed and can’t wait to try it your way. Quick and easy is my friend in the kitchen :).

7. Jesusa Gilliam June 18, 2018 at 3:58 pm - Reply

I’ve never tried sauteed spinach, but I’ll have to give it a try soon!

8. Aileen Adalid June 18, 2018 at 5:55 pm - Reply

I’m into eating healthier so recipes like this really helps. Thanks for sharing with us!