Snow Dough

Snow Dough

This is a fun winter version of play dough.  It has a very cool sensory feel to it, and feels very silky and is crumbly.  You can adjust the texture a little bit to make it more dry and powdery, or a little more sticky.

Snow dough can get a bit messy so be sure to use trays or another method of making clean-up easy!  I personally love using plastic trays from the craft store to help contain messy projects like these.

Ingredients:

2 cups cornstarch

1/3 cup vegetable oil

6 tablespoons glitter (preferably fine glitter)

Snow Dough

Directions:

Mix the cornstarch and vegetable oil.

Knead in the glitter.

If you need to adjust the consistency, add more oil or cornstarch.

Snow Dough

My girls really enjoyed playing with their snow dough, especially since it had a really fun sensory texture to it – and they were also very excited about the glitter!

Store in a container when not in use, like a baggie or plastic container.

Inspired by a project seen in Family Fun magazine.

By | 2018-01-25T13:26:47+00:00 February 3rd, 2014|Christmas, Crafts, Family Fun|11 Comments

1. Katie February 20, 2017 at 5:43 pm - Reply

I added essential oils as well. Thieves and lemon were my choice. Smelled great and good to have the thieves during bug/flu season.

2. Vgilfeather November 16, 2018 at 10:09 pm - Reply

Can you make ornaments with this recipe?

3. June S. November 30, 2018 at 1:23 am - Reply

(Snow Dough) Well this snow dough seems easy enough to make. I am going to try this out with the grandson next Wednesday when I go to visit him.

4. Lourdes January 2, 2019 at 3:00 am - Reply

What great idea and material resource that is! I appreciate your post. i am an early childhood educator and am always looking for new ideas.

Thank you.

5. Blanca January 16, 2019 at 3:35 pm - Reply

Oh gosh! I love this. And it has glitter. I can’t get enough of glitter.I’ll have to try this out with my goddaughter and my nieces. Thanks for the tutorial.

6. Supermompicks January 16, 2019 at 9:50 pm - Reply

I love this recipe because it’s non toxic! This is a really cool idea for a snowy day at home.

7. Kristen Frolich January 17, 2019 at 11:08 pm - Reply

This looks like a really cute idea for any child! My kids dont mind getting a little messy so I’m sure they would love this.

8. Brittany January 18, 2019 at 5:10 pm - Reply

My daughter would probably have so much fun making this!! We’ll have to try it one day

9. Katie McNally January 19, 2019 at 1:38 am - Reply

This looks so cool! I’m squirreling it away as a funnindoor activity for a gloomy winter day!

10. Georgina Nderitu January 19, 2019 at 10:38 am - Reply

I’m going to try this out with my nephews… I’m going to follow your exact instructions, and I am sure we’ll have a blast.

11. Heather January 19, 2019 at 2:17 pm - Reply

We’ve made this before and my daughters love it so much! We’ll definitely do it again on a rainy day inside.