Pasta with Capers and Roasted Tomatoes

Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Capers

I love all the little tomatoes I get from my garden, but sometimes I end up with an abundance, and this is a great recipe to use up a lot of cherry tomatoes!

Ingredients

• Approx. 1.5 pounds cherry tomatoes
  • 3 fl oz jar of capers, drained
  • 3/4 lb orecchiette, farfalle, rotini, etc.
  • extra-virgin olive oil
  • Optional: salt, cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Toss tomatoes and capers (drained) with olive oil on a baking sheet (use a baking sheet with a lip, and you may want to line with aluminum foil to minimize cleanup).  Season with pepper.

Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Capers

Roast for approximately 25 minutes, turning halfway.  Tomatoes should burst and begin to brown.

Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Capers

Cook your pasta.  Drain and return to the pot with some butter (for a vegan recipe, use a non-dairy alternative).  Turn on the heat and toss with the roasted tomatoes and capers, mixing thoroughly to coat the pasta.  If desired, add salt (but generally the capers should provide enough salt).

Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Capers

Optional – top with cheese.

Enjoy!

Inspired by a Martha Stewart recipe, which also has a great video tutorial.

By | 2017-01-26T18:52:25+00:00 November 6th, 2013|Dinner, Food, Pasta, Vegan, Vegetarian|8 Comments

1. rochelle haynes March 22, 2017 at 11:42 am - Reply

This looks good like to try this

2. Julie Wood April 20, 2017 at 1:29 pm - Reply

I have never used capers before, but I have heard that it tastes really good in recipes! I will have to try this recpe.

3. Kanani B. January 29, 2018 at 3:48 pm - Reply

I love capers, and this looks super easy to try. I can see this is the meal plan for next week!

4. Amanda January 29, 2018 at 3:52 pm - Reply

This looks SO good! With our crazy schedule, I love a quick pasta dish. I will definitely be trying this soon!

5. Margaret Westhoff January 29, 2018 at 4:09 pm - Reply

I will have to try out your recipe. Pasta is one of my favorite meals, and my family is a big fan of cherry tomatoes. This looks yummy!

6. Echo January 29, 2018 at 8:39 pm - Reply

Hum. I like that this recipe is so simple. I am still trying to decide how I feel about capers, sometimes I like them and other times I think they are so salty. I might really try this.

7. Laura January 30, 2018 at 4:59 am - Reply

Oh man this looks soooo yummy!! I love meals that are quick and easy to put together!

8. Amy D February 17, 2018 at 10:07 pm - Reply

I love that you roasted these tomatoes. I love capers on pasta. It brings such a nice salty taste.