Spinach Quiche Recipe

Spinach Quiche Recipe

I am a huge fan of quiche.  I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!  My favorite is spinach quiche with cheddar cheese, but you can make so many different variations of quiche by using different vegetables and cheeses.  I used to be intimidated by quiche, but it is extremely easy to make.

Note: this recipe is for my Pyrex pie pan that is labeled .75L on the bottom, so you may have to adjust the amounts for a larger pan.

Ingredients:

• 1 pie crust
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 to 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup grated cheese (or approx 4oz – I often use a half block of Cabot cheddar)
  • 5 oz frozen spinach (half block of frozen spinach like the one below), or fresh spinach (but saute to remove moisture)
  • salt & pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Pre-bake pie crust for about 5 minutes (poke pie shell with fork)

Stir fry fresh spinach until limp, then chop coarsely and squeeze dry.  Or, defrost frozen spinach and press to remove liquid.

Combine spinach with eggs, milk, and salt/pepper.  I do this in a large measuring cup to make sure that I don’t exceed the size of my .75L pie pan, and I usually add the milk last so that I have a little leeway as far as not overfilling the pie.

Pour mixture carefully into your pre-baked pie shell.

Bake pie for 30-40 minutes until the pie is set and turning golden.

Allow to cool slightly before serving.  Enjoy!

By | 2018-10-29T12:15:13+00:00 October 7th, 2013|Dinner, Food, Vegetarian|21 Comments

1. Cassie July 17, 2018 at 11:40 pm - Reply

This looks soooo good! I’m going to have to try this recipe. Yum!

2. Leigh Anne Borders July 18, 2018 at 1:57 am - Reply

Yummy! This looks great. I love being able to make quiches like this. They are devoured quickly though in my home.

3. Helen Little July 18, 2018 at 10:58 am - Reply

Delicious! My whole family loves quiche and we prefer the vegetarian flavours. This is so perfect for summer!

4. Tif July 18, 2018 at 8:23 pm - Reply

Oh yum & made with goat cheese. This looks so great- I need to try this!

5. Jessica Taylor October 5, 2018 at 3:05 pm - Reply

My daughter and I both love spinach so this is something we would love to try! Looks fairly easy so hopefully I wont mess it up lol.

6. Tione October 5, 2018 at 7:23 pm - Reply

I always have the mini quiche. I have never made them myself yet though…

7. Aditya October 5, 2018 at 8:21 pm - Reply

This is something which should have given in my childhood. Who knows I might be much much healthier. Quiche-really an unqiue and weird name. Would try to ask mother to make that, if she can. Otherwise plain breakfast is not that bad.

8. Silvia October 6, 2018 at 2:43 am - Reply

I love quiches, I don`t know why I don’t make them more often, your recipe sounds very easy.

9. Heather October 6, 2018 at 3:29 am - Reply

Would you believe I’ve never made a quiche before. I’m going to have to try this one. Sounds yummy.

10. Sundeep October 6, 2018 at 6:50 am - Reply

No other words really needed. Quick, easy and delicious.

11. kumamonjeng October 6, 2018 at 8:15 am - Reply

I like how spinah is added, plenty of green so it is certainly healthy for the kids who is choosy on vegetables.

12. Joanna October 6, 2018 at 11:27 am - Reply

I do love quiche and I like spinach, so this recipe is a winning combination for me. It’s so easy to make as well, with just a few ingredients. I might give it a try soon.

13. Enriqueta E Lemoine October 6, 2018 at 4:33 pm - Reply

I’m a quiche killer. My favorites are leaks, spinach and onion, and of course, quiche Lorraine. I’m gonna try yours!

14. Heather October 6, 2018 at 6:54 pm - Reply

I love quiche, and my kids will eat anything so long as there are eggs in it! I might have to give this a try!

15. Vaibhav Mehta October 7, 2018 at 10:41 am - Reply

Since Spinach is my favourite green veggie this one definitely makes the cut to my dining table. Lovely recipe!

16. Faneshia October 8, 2018 at 12:21 am - Reply

This looks so yummy! I will have to try it one weekend because the recipe seems easy enough for me to follow. Thanks for sharing

17. anosa October 8, 2018 at 5:18 pm - Reply

I must confess, I am not big on quiche at all but my nephew can’t have enough of it.

18. stacey October 9, 2018 at 2:06 am - Reply

Breakfast for lunch once a month. And quiche is always in the rotation.

19. Mommy Peach October 10, 2018 at 10:20 pm - Reply

I love quiche and spinach is one of the variants I love. Your post reminds me I should make this again.

20. Wanda Lopez October 22, 2018 at 10:43 pm - Reply

Oh I love quiches. My husband is always asking for quiche and I was running out of recipes. Thanks for sharing this one.

21. Tisha November 7, 2018 at 4:10 pm - Reply

This is almost exactly the recipe I make! I love making quiche! Only this is I add in garlic!