S’Mores Bars

S'mores Bars
Every summer and fall, we go camping.  And inevitably, we have leftover s’mores supplies (except for perhaps the chocolate, which doesn’t last long!).  Sometimes our marshmallows get melted together in the bag in the hot car, rendering them unusable, so this would be another good way to ‘repurpose’ those marshmallows.  This recipe is all about using leftover s’mores ingredients.

I chose Cheerios as the base for this recipe because of the mild taste, since the rest of the ingredients are sweet enough for me, but you can use other cereals or even leave out the graham cracker pieces if you don’t have any (and use just cereal).

My kids had fun helping make these, and this recipe is peanut safe (always check your labels to be sure your brand is peanut safe).

S'mores Bars

Ingredients:

~ 4 cups Cheerios

~ 2 cups chopped graham crackers (I used approx. 8 graham crackers)

~ 10oz bag of marshmallows

~ chocolate (I used a 1.55 oz Hershey’s Bar, but you can use whatever you like, including chocolate chips)

~ 2 Tablespoons butter

Directions:

Chop your graham crackers.

S'mores Bars

And your chocolate.

S'mores Bars

Microwave your marshmallows and butter in a glass bowl until melted.  Do this in increments.  (Mine took about 2 minutes, but it depends on your microwave).

Mix your cheerios and graham cracker pieces with the melted marshmallows/butter (transferring into a larger bowl, if need be).

S'mores Bars
Add your chocolate pieces last, so that the heat of the mixture doesn’t completely melt them.

S'mores Bars

Spread the mixture into a greased 9×13″ pan.  Allow to cool and set.  (Or in our case, there was no waiting!)

S'mores Bars
Enjoy!

By | 2016-12-28T19:50:27+00:00 October 17th, 2013|Dessert, Food, Kids, Snack|16 Comments

1. Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle August 30, 2017 at 5:40 pm - Reply

Those look so good! I haven’t seen too many sweet treats like these made with Cheerios before. I can’t wait to try these. Cheerios and S’mores? PERFECT!

2. Doria August 30, 2017 at 5:49 pm - Reply

OMG I’m dying, these look so good! I’m going to have to make a gf version to bring to a family party this weekend–yum 🙂 Thanks!

3. Joely Smith August 31, 2017 at 5:32 am - Reply

Summer isn’t summer without at least one round of making smores! We like to do it around our fire pit as we all sit under the stars. Smores are a family tradition!

4. Dogvills August 31, 2017 at 9:52 am - Reply

Oh wow, that looks yummy. The girls are crazy over s’mores. They’d love this, for sure.

5. ricci August 31, 2017 at 10:50 am - Reply

These S’mores Bars look and sound amazing!! I can’t wait to have an opportunity to make them and take them somewhere!!

6. Melissa Dixon August 31, 2017 at 1:17 pm - Reply

Wow these looks so good! I can’t wait to try them!

7. Chubskulit Rose August 31, 2017 at 2:32 pm - Reply

That’s one of my son’s favorite treat! I love the addition of the chocolate, we’ve never tried that before.

8. Nancy at Whispered Inspirations August 31, 2017 at 2:32 pm - Reply

YUM! These really look delicious. I will have to give this recipe a try. I am sure that my kids would get a kick out of them.

9. Kathy August 31, 2017 at 4:01 pm - Reply

These look so good! I love s’mores too. I think these would be a huge hit for my girls.

10. Nancy L. August 31, 2017 at 8:18 pm - Reply

These look wonderful! Even better, I have all the ingredients at home and can make it TONIGHT! I love how ooey and gooey they look and the chocolate, ooooh, I can’t wait to try it! 🙂

11. Lori Bosworth August 31, 2017 at 9:28 pm - Reply

We don’t usually have leftover ingredients from S’Mores lol. If we do in the future, I will definitely make this recipe.

12. Victoria Heckstall September 1, 2017 at 1:36 am - Reply

Those Smores looks so delicious and tempting. I will definitely try these recipe. am pretty sure that my love ones will definitely love this.

13. Lynndee September 1, 2017 at 12:26 pm - Reply

Yum! We love s’more and those look so good! I want one right now. Can I have some? 🙂

14. Aduke Schulist September 1, 2017 at 11:48 pm - Reply

I remember about 15 years ago at my aunt’s house there was some of these. They were so good and I’ve thought about them many times since then lol I’ve never tried to make them myself though.

15. Julie Wood September 5, 2017 at 1:06 pm - Reply

I am going to be making these Smores bars with the kids and we love the taste of Smores. So delicious!

16. Kimberly Flickinger September 6, 2017 at 2:04 am - Reply

These look absolutely delicious, definitely going to try this recipe. I love Smores.