Chicken and dumplings. Is there any meal more comforting than that? Growing up, this meal was a staple in the Lowe household. We had it every time it was chilly outside. This recipe is so easy, you’ll think I left something out. I didn’t. Trust me. My mom always makes this on the stove top, but I did mine in the slow cooker. The only thing better than chicken and dumplings is chicken and dumplings cooking while I’m away all day. You just have to make this. Soon.
1 pound of chicken breasts (uncooked…frozen or thawed, it doesn’t matter if you’re using the slow cooker)
4 cups of water
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 can of refrigerated biscuits (I use Grands)
- In your slow cooker, place chicken breasts in the bottom.
- Top with water and both cans of soup.
- Add in black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Remove lid about 15 minutes before you’re ready to eat, shred the chicken in the slow cooker with two forks.
- Take your biscuits and quarter each one (I just tear them with my hands but you could cut them). Add in your biscuit pieces into the slow cooker.
- Cover and continue to let the biscuits cook another 15 minutes.
Not only is Shay Shull the big sister to the Bachelorette star Sean Lowe, she is also a busy mom of two toddlers and travel agency business owner. Determined to get a healthy, quick and satisfying dinner on the table each night for her family, Shay created Mix and Match Mama, a recipe site full of quick and easy recipes that can be mixed and matched to create even more dinners and desserts for busy women on the go. It’s more about the method than the recipe.