- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup veggie oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- store bought peppermint frosting* (don’t panic if you can’t find any…read below!)
- 1/2 cup peppermint crunch candy (or crushed up candy canes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and water in bowl.
- Drop by 2 tablespoons onto lined cookie sheet (leave about an inch between each cookie)
- Bake 8-9 minutes
- Cool on pan 5 minutes, move to wire rack and cool 15 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, put your canned peppermint frosting in a bowl and stir in crunch.
- Take one cookie and place a tablespoon or so of frosting in the center. Press another cookie on top (this will spread the icing out to the edge).
*If you can’t find peppermint frosting, then stir 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract into vanilla frosting.
Not only is Shay Shull the big sister to the Bachelorette star Sean Lowe, she is also a busy mom of two toddlers and travel agency business owner. Determined to get a healthy, quick and satisfying dinner on the table each night for her family, Shay created Mix and Match Mama, a recipe site full of quick and easy recipes that can be mixed and matched to create even more dinners and desserts for busy women on the go. It’s more about the method than the recipe.