Chocolate Candy Cane Whoopie Pies

chocolate candy cane whoopie pie

Shopping List

• 1 box chocolate cake mix
  • 1/2 cup veggie oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup water
  • store bought peppermint frosting* (don’t panic if you can’t find any…read below!)
  • 1/2 cup peppermint crunch candy (or crushed up candy canes)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    2. Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and water in bowl.
    3. Drop by 2 tablespoons onto lined cookie sheet (leave about an inch between each cookie)
    4. Bake 8-9 minutes
    5. Cool on pan 5 minutes, move to wire rack and cool 15 more minutes.
    6. Meanwhile, put your canned peppermint frosting in a bowl and stir in crunch.
    7. Take one cookie and place a tablespoon or so of frosting in the center.  Press another cookie on top (this will spread the icing out to the edge).

*If you can’t find peppermint frosting, then stir 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract into vanilla frosting.

Not only is Shay Shull the big sister to the Bachelorette star Sean Lowe, she is also a busy mom of two toddlers and travel agency business owner.  Determined to get a healthy, quick and satisfying dinner on the table each night for her family, Shay created Mix and Match Mama, a recipe site full of quick and easy recipes that can be mixed and matched to create even more dinners and desserts for busy women on the go.  It’s more about the method than the recipe.

Comments

1. 1
    courtney b says:

wow that looks amazing to me right now.. must be my pregnancy!

2. 2
    Jessica Beard says:

These look delicious! My mom would love them with the peppermint.

3. 3
    Thomas Murphy says:

wow this looks delicious! I cant wait to try them, thanks for the recipe.

4. 4
    Amanda Alvarado says:

These look delicious! Finally something I can make that dh and dd won’t touch! Neither like peppermint but I love it! 😉

5. 5
    Sonya Morris says:

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

6. 6
    Amanda Sakovitz says:

looks so good! I love new holiday dessert ideas

7. 7
    Bekah Kuczenski says:

This sounds so yummy. The perfect Christmas time treat!! The peppermint frosting sounds amazing!!

8. 8
    ellen beck says:

I dont want to make them because I would eat them all- BUT I would like to give the recipe to a friend then she can make them and I can have one there!

9. 9

I love whoopie pies, but I have never had a homemade one

10. 10
    carla bonesteel says:

Oh boy! These look awesome! Do I have to wait for Christmas to make them? LOL…if I can find Candy canes, I’m making them now!

11. 11

sounds heavenly, never tried chocolate cake with peppermint before

12. 12

I pinned this so I will have it for Christmas! They look amazing!!

13. 13

I pinned this so I will have it for Christmas! They look amazing!!

14. 14

This recipe looks wonderful! I definitely need to make this in December. Love the peppermint frosting idea especially!