White Chocolate-Pumpkin Neiman Marcus Bars

White chocolate with pumpkin?  That might be sheer genius on my part.  I just adore a Neiman Marcus bar…adore.  They’re rich and gooey and kind of like a piece of cake while also kind of like a brownie.  This one would be perfect for a Thanksgiving dessert…pumpkin doesn’t always have to be in the shape of a pie.  I garnished mine with a few more white chocolate chips.  I’ve always been one to love a little chocolate excess.

Shopping List

• 1 box white cake mix
  • 4 eggs, divided
  • 16 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
  • 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
  • 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 (16 oz) box powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon if you don’t have any)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine the cake mix, 1 egg, and 8 tablespoons butter and mix well with an electric mixer.
  3. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan. This will be your “crust”.
  4. Sprinkle one cup of white chocolate chips over the crust.

To make the topping:

1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.
  2. Add the remaining 3 eggs, vanilla, and the other 8 tablespoons butter, and beat together.
  3. Next, add the powdered sugar, and pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
  4. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
  5. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake “crust” and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.

Not only is Shay Shull the big sister to the Bachelorette star Sean Lowe, she is also a busy mom of two toddlers and travel agency business owner.  Determined to get a healthy, quick and satisfying dinner on the table each night for her family, Shay created Mix and Match Mama, a recipe site full of quick and easy recipes that can be mixed and matched to create even more dinners and desserts for busy women on the go.  It’s more about the method than the recipe.

Comments

1. 1
    Jessica Beard says:

Thanks for sharing. I like something different than the traditional pumpkin pie.

2. 2
    Debbie Welchert says:

This recipe sounds and looks delicious. I wish I had the recipe for Thanksgiving. Oh well Christmas is coming up pretty fast. This will make a nice addition to our meal.

3. 3
    Shannon F. says:

I love white chocolate and pumpkin together! Sounds delicious! I wish I would’ve found this sooner, it truly would’ve been great for Thanksgiving! I pinned it so maybe I’ll make it next year!

4. 4
    Thomas Murphy says:

This sounds awesome! I love White Chocolate, I think I will make this for x-mas.

5. 5

These look so yummy! Anything with pumpkin will be great in my book, but white chocolate makes it even better!

6. 6
    Amanda Alvarado says:

These look and sound yummy!~ Wish I would have found them around Thanksgiving! Would have loved to make them with fresh pumpkin!

7. 7
    Austin Baroudi says:

This looks so good! I’m going to have my girlfriend make this since I’m not to much of a baker. Thanks for the post!

8. 8
    Kate F. says:

That looks so good! I’m definitely going to make some.

9. 9

I just love white chocolate

10. 10

These would be perfect for Thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing.

11. 11
    Nena Sinclair says:

This sounds amazing! I love pumpkin and I love white chocolate, but I’ve never had them together! I’ll be making this very soon! Thanks for the recipe! :)

12. 12

I’ve never made anything like this before but it sounds amazing! I can’t wait to try this delicious recipe!