White chocolate with pumpkin? That might be sheer genius on my part. I just adore a Neiman Marcus bar…adore. They’re rich and gooey and kind of like a piece of cake while also kind of like a brownie. This one would be perfect for a Thanksgiving dessert…pumpkin doesn’t always have to be in the shape of a pie. I garnished mine with a few more white chocolate chips. I’ve always been one to love a little chocolate excess.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 4 eggs, divided
- 16 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 oz) box powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon if you don’t have any)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, 1 egg, and 8 tablespoons butter and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan. This will be your “crust”.
- Sprinkle one cup of white chocolate chips over the crust.
To make the topping:
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.
- Add the remaining 3 eggs, vanilla, and the other 8 tablespoons butter, and beat together.
- Next, add the powdered sugar, and pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Stir in the remaining 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
- Spread pumpkin mixture over cake “crust” and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.
Not only is Shay Shull the big sister to the Bachelorette star Sean Lowe, she is also a busy mom of two toddlers and travel agency business owner. Determined to get a healthy, quick and satisfying dinner on the table each night for her family, Shay created Mix and Match Mama, a recipe site full of quick and easy recipes that can be mixed and matched to create even more dinners and desserts for busy women on the go. It’s more about the method than the recipe.