You probably already know about the great things that Scholastic Storybook Treasures is doing to encourage kids to read and love learning. I use their resources to enhance and build on the stories my children are already know and love from reading them repeatedly. Scholastic’s newest collection, “Robot Zot!”, a part of the “My First Collection” series, is available in a boxed set of three DVDs including four stories per DVD. Narrated by Zach Braff and other actors, these stories are geared for kids ages 2 to 4. This collection is meant to encourage creativity and learning for toddlers.
- ROBOT ZOT!…AND MORE RHYMING STORIES
- Robot Zot! is the story of how love can change an Earth-conquering, mess-making robot into a hero. My boys love stories from Jon Scieszka and they have made David Shannon’s illustrations really come to life in this one! (Plus, if you have always wondered why some things just seem to disappear, this story might be one explanation!) My boys ask to re-watch this one on a daily basis.
- This is the House that Jack Built is a humorous spin on the classic story. Plus, a whole bunch of education about cheese!
- Trashy Town is the perfect story for kids who love to watch the garbage man. “Dump it out, smash it down, drive around the trashy town”…will run through your mind for the rest of the day! We have read the book, but the music and animation made the story even better!
- Stars! Stars! Stars! is an out-of-this world adventure! Lots of learning about stars, planets and other things in our solar system.
Includes an interview with David Shannon!
- TOO MANY TOYS…AND MORE STORIES ABOUT PROBLEM SOLVING
- Too Many Toys is the perfect story to read to your children as the holidays approach. Plus, parents and grandparents will love how the story ends! I just could not stop laughing at how familiar this story was for my kids and I. The narrator for this story is the best I have heard in a LONG time!
- I Lost My Bear is a the story of a lost bear and the quest to find it. She uses some strange tactics to find it! And, in the end, as usual, it takes a Mom to find it!
- Wallace’s Lists is the story of two mice who love music and adventure. Wallace loves lists and is afraid of adventure. Albert loves adventures and thinks Wallace is too boring. The result of this friendship will make you smile.
- Inch by Inch is an interesting look at the life of an inchworm who loves to measure things. Who knew it would be so handy to have an inch-long inchworm around?
Includes an interview with David Shannon!
- THE CURIOUS GARDEN…AND MORE STORIES ABOUT NATURE
- The Curious Garden is the story of a boy, a found garden and the results of his hard work! I loved the animations that brought the beautiful illustrations to life!
- The Lion and the Mouse is a story (with no words) telling the classic tale from Aesop. Beautiful illustrations from Jerry Pinkney make it come to life, words or no words! Beautiful music adds something special.
- Fletcher and the Leaves is the story of a fox who worries that there is something wrong with his beloved tree when it begins to lose its leaves. His attempts to “help” the tree are heart-warming and yet, futile. This story does have a happy ending, though.
- Planting a Rainbow tells the story of a mother and child working together to create beauty in their flower garden. The names of the flowers are tricky, but the illustrations are very realistic, down to the detailed shape and color of the flower seeds and bulbs.
Includes an interview with Peter Brown, author and illustrator of The Curious Garden AND an interview with author/illustrator Jerry Pinkney! I found these interviews to be helpful in adding something new to the stories we already love!
Each DVD story also includes Read-Along function. I love this part. Parents and kids can choose to watch the story with or without the words being shown and highlighted as the story is told. It is a great way to expose early readers to the words they are hearing and help better readers learn new words! This is one of those “little” things I really appreciate about Scholastic’s Storybook Treasures series.
There are so many more terrific movies and more of the My First Collection series available from Scholastic Storybook Treasures. Check them out! These would make great gifts for your holiday giving for both children and teachers!
BUY! MY FIRST COLLECTION VOLUME 4 is available as a boxed set for SRP: $24.95 or individually for $12.95 from http://www.newkideo.com/. Use the code NEWKIDEO20 for 20% off your entire order.
Other Official Rules and Details: Winner will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section on the homepage of our blog-azine within a few days after the close of the giveaway. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to our email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties. Prize(s) will be mailed directly from the sponsoring brand. No purchase necessary. Erroneous entries (specifically those that did not follow the entry rules) will not be considered. Non-US resident winners may have to answer a series of simple questions in order to comply with international regulations on sweepstakes. To view our complete rules and regulations, please click here.
Disclaimer: Sample(s) were received at no cost to the reviewer. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has chosen to host a giveaway for this product(s) because we think it would benefit our readers. NoM will not responsible for prizes that have not been received, but will make every attempt to assist winner(s) in securing them in a timely fashion. It is the winner’s responsibility to make contact with NoM in a timely manner (within 30 days after the close of the giveaway) to report that a prize(s) has not been received or the prize(s) may be void. NoM may or may not be an affiliate of one or more products mentioned in this review, and by clicking on and/or purchasing products from a banner or link on this page, NoM may make a small commission at no cost to you. Click on the appropriate links to view our full policies, giveaway rules and disclaimers.