BBQ-Apple Chicken Sandwiches

Shopping List

• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
  • 2 cups apple juice
  • 1 (at least 16 oz) bottle of BBQ sauce
  • 1 onion, sliced and sautéed (optional)
  • Toast, burger buns, rolls…just your favorite kind of bread

Directions

1. In your slow cooker, add in your chicken, apple juice and entire bottle of BBQ sauce.
  2. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
  3. When dinner is ready, remove chicken and some sauce from slow cooker into a bowl, shred up with two forks (add in a little more of your sauce if needed).  Serve shredded chicken with sautéed onions (optional) on top of your favorite bread (we used a whole wheat loaf from our bakery.

Done!  See how simple that was?  The chicken was super tender and moist and very flavorful.  The apple juice really adds a little sweetness without being too over-powering.  I put my chicken in there straight from the fridge but you could add them in frozen if you like (just make sure you have them in there at least 8 hours on low, 4 on high).

Not only is Shay Shull the big sister to the Bachelorette star Sean Lowe, she is also a busy mom of two toddlers and travel agency business owner.  Determined to get a healthy, quick and satisfying dinner on the table each night for her family, Shay created Mix and Match Mama, a recipe site full of quick and easy recipes that can be mixed and matched to create even more dinners and desserts for busy women on the go.  It’s more about the method than the recipe.

Comments

1. 1
    Shannon F. says:

Wow! This looks delicious! I pinned it so I can try it soon. I think it would be great on thick sliced bread!

2. 2

This looks and sounds so good. I’m definitely going to try it. I’m also going to look at your recipes.
    Thanks so much for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Carol L

3. 3

Yum, yum! This is making my mouth water. We just love BBQ at our house, so we’ll have to try this out!

4. 4
    Janet W. says:

I’ve never tried mixing apple juice with any main dishes before! This sandwich looks amazing!

5. 5

What a terrific combo – and a delicious way to get more fruit into the dinner! I love this and can’t wait to try it!

6. 6

Ohhhhh….this sounds super good to me!! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

7. 7

Ohhhh….this sounds super good to me!! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

8. 8
    Debbie Welchert says:

What a great fall sandwich this is going to make. This would make a great around the campfire sandwich with roasted marshmallows afterwards, yummy!

9. 9

This recipe sounds delicious! I would never have thought to add apple juice, but I’ll bet that gives it a very nice flavor. I’ve pinned this for later use, thank you!

10. 10
    alicia k (Petite Pilates Pixie) says:

omgish these look amazing. must try!!1

11. 11
    Sherri says:

this looks delicious! I love crockpot meals…..

12. 12
    Julie Waldron says:

This looks delicious, thanks for sharing!

13. 13
    rochelle haynes says:

This looks good like to try this

14. 14
    Julie Wood says:

These sandwiches look delicious and are very easy to make. I love Crockpot cooking because you just throw in the ingredients and the food comes out so delicious!

15. 15

These look absolutely delicious! I’ve been craving some good BBQ sandwiches lately!