- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 (at least 16 oz) bottle of BBQ sauce
- 1 onion, sliced and sautéed (optional)
- Toast, burger buns, rolls…just your favorite kind of bread
- In your slow cooker, add in your chicken, apple juice and entire bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- When dinner is ready, remove chicken and some sauce from slow cooker into a bowl, shred up with two forks (add in a little more of your sauce if needed). Serve shredded chicken with sautéed onions (optional) on top of your favorite bread (we used a whole wheat loaf from our bakery.
Done! See how simple that was? The chicken was super tender and moist and very flavorful. The apple juice really adds a little sweetness without being too over-powering. I put my chicken in there straight from the fridge but you could add them in frozen if you like (just make sure you have them in there at least 8 hours on low, 4 on high).
Not only is Shay Shull the big sister to the Bachelorette star Sean Lowe, she is also a busy mom of two toddlers and travel agency business owner. Determined to get a healthy, quick and satisfying dinner on the table each night for her family, Shay created Mix and Match Mama, a recipe site full of quick and easy recipes that can be mixed and matched to create even more dinners and desserts for busy women on the go. It’s more about the method than the recipe.