What do you get when you combine poetry and music, all in alphabetical order? You get “W is for Wapiti!”, a delightful collection of poetry set to music. Many of the lyrics will make you chuckle, and all of them will help your young one learn something about a word that begins with a specific letter of the alphabet. Check out this lineup of learning:
- Aha Aha! Did you do that? – Typical responses like “It wasn’t me.” are humorous and most likely true in this fun back and forth song about crazy antics.
- Itsy-Bitsy Tiny Boat – Sail away on a paper thin boat
- Clickety Cluck the Duck– An imaginative and funny song about bath-time fun
- Love to Dream– The title says it all, although the rhythm is not a sleepy one!
- Mister Elephant– A humorous song about a elephant coming into a home and the repercussions that will have you chuckling at the end.
- The Fruit-Filled Flans of the Friendly Ghost– A truly silly song!
- I’m a Twisted Turtle With a Goofy Grin – This is the first time I’ve heard a song using the word “carapace” in the lyrics. See, everyone can learn something new! The illustration for this song will make you laugh out loud!
- High Like the Swallows in the Sky– Wistful, wishful lyrics about flying with the birds
- Imagine That– Oh the things you can see in pictures that go by like clouds in the sky as you read books…
- John the Pigeon– This pigeon is not your average pigeon…
- Mister Ka the Koala– Koalas have interesting names…
- Little Louisa Damselfy– A joyful tune about a damselfly and bubbles
- My Marmot and Me– A young person with a variety of interesting friends has difficulty juggling his play schedule…
- When My Nose is Numb– When my nose is numb, it is time to go inside. A nice wintertime tune!
- One Plus Two Plus Three Oval Eggs– Guessing what will come out of the eggs, with a little math thrown in!
- Papa’s Quiet Rascals– They are lying under the bed!
- Simon the Cricket– I want to see him, but though he is near, he can easily disappear.
- Too Much– Every child needs to hear this song sung by someone who loves them too much!
- Just One Unit?– A counting song (with a little spelling thrown in…)
- VIPs of the Earth– You might think you know who the VIPs of the Earth are, but then again, maybe not! (An Elvis-type song about…well, I am not going to ruin the surprise!)
- A Humongous Wapiti– A tall tale kind of song…
- The Xylophone and the Yoyo– Musings and observations…
- Zoom, Zoom, Zoom– An ending song
- Let’s Sing It Again– A different ABC song than you have heard before now…
The music in this collection is replete with upbeat rhythms, a variety of instrumentation and musical styles. There are songs for dancing, songs for humming, songs for learning and songs just for fun- a little something for everyone. The hardcover book includes imaginative illustrations, all the lyrics to the songs and the CD tucked in a pocket in the back cover. It would make a great gift for a baby shower or a music-loving toddler. You can preview the songs and the book here.
Happy listening, dancing and learning!
BUY IT! Available from The Secret Mountain for 1.25 CDN per song download, 12.50 CDN for the complete digital download or 22.95 CDN for the book and CD.
Other Official Rules and Details: Winner will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section on the homepage of our blog-azine within a few days after the close of the giveaway. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to our email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties. Prize(s) will be mailed directly from the sponsoring brand. No purchase necessary. Erroneous entries (specifically those that did not follow the entry rules) will not be considered. Non-US resident winners may have to answer a series of simple questions in order to comply with international regulations on sweepstakes. To view our complete rules and regulations, please click here.
Disclaimer: Sample Product(s) were received free of charge. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has chosen to host a giveaway for this product(s) because we think it would benefit our readers. NoM will not responsible for prizes that have not been received, but will make every attempt to assist winner(s) in securing them in a timely fashion. It is the winner’s responsibility to make contact with NoM in a timely manner (within 30 days after the close of the giveaway) to report that a prize(s) has not been received or the prize(s) may be void. NoM may or may not be an affiliate of one or more products mentioned in this review, and by clicking on and/or purchasing products from a banner or link on this page, NoM may make a small commission at no cost to you. Click on the appropriate links to view our full policies, giveaway rules and disclaimers.