We purchased our Dallas home a year and a half ago and in that time with two children, we have mopped our kitchen maybe twice! Yuk. Mopping the floor is one of the chores, along with ironing and loading the dishwasher, that I despise more than anything. In addition to that, we owned a steam mop once that broke fairly quickly and was quite inefficient at cleaning and getting through the muck.
Recently, I had the opportunity to receive and review the Hoover® TwinTank™ Steam Mop and compare it to my experience that I had with its competitor’s downfalls. I found that with this Hoover® TwinTank™ Steam Mop steam mop, that, although it missed spots on the floor occasionally that I had to wipe over again, it cleaned exceptionally well and cleared spots on the tile!
These steam cleaners are designed to clean and refresh your entire home, while conveniently removing tough stains and everyday dirt and grime. These Hoover® steam cleaners offer a unique approach to steam cleaning by utilizing an adjustable control TwinTank™ system, which allows the user to clean surfaces of their home with steam alone, or with Hoover® SteamPlus™ Cleaning Solution. Fingertip controls on each Hoover® steam cleaner makes cleaning tasks simple with the flexibility you want and the true clean you deserve.
The TwinTank™ Steam Mop is ideal for everyday cleaning or removing tough stains from all hard floors including laminate, tile, hardwood, engineered hardwood, vinyl, sealed stone, and more. Unlike competitors that rely on steam alone, Hoover provides a proprietary 100% biodegradable formula cleaning solution that allows the Hoover® TwinTank™ Steam Mop to OUT CLEAN other steam mops1. Equipped with an on-demand steam trigger, 30 foot power cord, and adjustable solution control, the TwinTank™ Steam Mop makes your floor cleaning task easier than before.
- Out Cleans other steam mops1 – CE testing to prove we out clean other leading steam mops when using the proprietary Hoover® SteamPlus™ Cleaning Solution.
- Disinfects & Kills or Removes2 greater than 99.99% of harmful bacteria3 with steam alone including MRSA, Staph, and Salmonella
- TwinTank™ Technology – allows users to keep our 100% biodegradable formula cleaning solution and water separate for total control; Disinfect with steam alone2 or OUT CLEAN other steam mops1 with Hoover® SteamPlus™ Cleaning Solution.
- Solution Control Dial – users can easily control the amount of cleaning solution used to meet the needs of any cleaning job
- 30-Foot Power Cord – consumers can clean more areas of their home without re-plugging
- Removable Tanks – for easy filling and emptying convenience
- Triangular Swivel Mop Head – the mop head can pivot and maneuver into tight corners and along baseboards
- Carpet Glider – refresh rugs and carpet
- Microfiber Triangle Pads – ideal for cleaning multiple flooring types
- Soft-Touch Grip – designed for comfort with a soft-touch grip on the inside
- Cord Release – Features a rotating quick release
- “Steam Ready” Indicator LED – alerts users when steamer is heated and ready for use
- 8-oz. Bottle of Hoover® 2X SteamPlus™ Cleaning Solution
- 3 Microfiber Triangle Pads
- Cooling Tray – Protects your floors during cooling and storage
- Carpet Glider – refresh carpets and rugs
1 When used with Hoover SteamPlus Cleaning Solution. Compared to other Steam Mop models tested on hard floors per FCTP-0287p.
2 On hard floors, when used per owner’s manual instructions.
3 Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 6538, Salmonella enteric ATCC 10708, S. aureus 33592 (MRSA).
The mop was a bit heavy when having to lift and move from one location to the other, but easy to glide across the tile while cleaning.
The tank retracted back to engage in cleaning mode very similar to a vacuum where you easily step on the bottom and pull gently back on the mop handle.
The innovative twin tank technology was really impressive and I really liked them. These two tanks made me feel as if I wasn’t wasting the cleaning solution as much. Another great feature of the tank was the dial control on the front of the mop. Ranging from “Steam Only” through a range of levels in which the cleaning solution can be dispersed to the floor.
In the case of most of the steam mops that I am aware of, they work on tile and hardwoods, but not on carpet. I was quite impressed when I read in the instruction manual that there was a function of attaching a carpet glider and having the ability to “refresh” the carpet!
What an amazing and innovative idea! Using the steam only mode, I was able to not only refresh areas of my heavily trafficked carpet, but also remove some minor soil stains as well! Very cool! Here is a before and after of our carpet in the area in which I used the Refresh mode of our Steam Mop.
There wasn’t a huge difference, as this is not intended to clean your carpets, but rather refresh them, which it definitely did.
I would surely recommend this steam mop to anyone that is interested in purchasing one for their own home!
For more than 100 years, Hoover® has designed powerful, easy-to-use products that clean your entire home from floor to ceiling, and even the very air you breathe. Make sure to try other great Hoover® products such as their Air Purifiers and Vacuums, amongst other great products! We are actually proud owners of the Hoover® Anniversary WindTunnel® Self-Propelled Bagged Upright and LOVE it over our previous bagless vacuums!!
Disclaimer: I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. Click on the appropriate links to view our full policies, giveaway rules and disclaimers.