Dewey Howard, a “Love & Logic” expert and recovering “drill sergeant dad”, and his wife Angela, a recovering “helicopter mom”, have successfully raised 3 kids using the “Love and Logic” parenting method. He now shares his advice in his very popular classes and on our blog-azine.
It takes a great deal of love to …
- Find the positives in our kids when they act poorly.
- Hug them before we ask them about their homework.
- Set limits without anger, lectures, or threats.
- Hold them accountable for their poor decisions by providing empathy first and consequences second.
When we give this special kind of love, a wise type of logic grows in their minds:
- When I make poor decisions, it makes my life pretty sad. I wonder how my next decision will affect my life?