Do you know the feeling when you are so confident you found something so perfect that you immediately stop searching for a “better version?” You’re giddy and have a spring in your step, almost like you know a secret that no one else knows. I’ve only felt that way about my husband, my wedding dress, our first dog and, well, a stroller. (Bear with me, as I feel like this stroller deserves a long introduction…)
When we were expecting our first child 5 years ago, we were in the market for our first stroller. Because my husband was a professional runner and triathlete and I was an avid trail runner, we wanted a solid but lightweight jogging stroller able handle any terrain and condition. But because we only wanted one stroller, this stroller would have to have ultimate maneuverability and adaptability anywhere we went, including congested airports and on all of our extensive overseas adventures for my husband’s races. (Plus it had to withstand the roughness of the airline crews that throw around and shove your gear.) We heavily researched until our eyes popped out, and finally found the best of the best.
BOB strollers are rugged (but very appealing), perform beautifully everywhere, can handle just about anything (even airline workers tossing it about) and can tackle any terrain (beach, trails, snow, soccer games – believe me, we’ve tried it all) and situation with superior ease. They set the standard for all strollers.
The amazingness doesn’t necessarily lie in the accessories, the look, the fold – you know, the “extras.” It really comes down to the basics – maneuverability and comfort. And after nearly 5 years of use and many stroller comparisons (via reviews) later, it still comes out on top. And not just as a jogging stroller – it’s perfect for everyday life, in every situation. I seriously challenge anyone to find a line of strollers that perform better than BOB.
Since we only had a single BOB and 3 kids, in the past several months it sadly didn’t get used quite as often (we needed a double stroller for our growing crew). So when we received the BOB Revolution SE Duallie, we were all thrilled. The very next day I took it on a 3-hour walk with the kids (something I’d never try with any other stroller). The feeling I got while using it was like “coming back home after a long journey.” I am officially done using all other strollers!
Durability: Like I mentioned, we’ve had our single for 5 years (and 3 kids); it’s been “through the rails” and still performs like new. The Duallie has a 100lb weight limit and 44 in maximum occupant height.
Versatility: “Grows” with the family. With the use of the infant car seat adapter, it accommodates newborns to toddlers. It easily slides into the stroller’s new built-in, no-fuss accessory adapter and audibly clicks into place. (Compatible with most car seats. Do not jog while using an infant car seat.) We even used our car seat attachment to hang those velcro toys when our first wasn’t old enough yet for the snack tray. Notice in the two photos (an older model of the single BOB Revolution) and the Duallie how the canopy on both the stroller and the car seat work together to completely cover the baby. (Car Seat used is a Britax.)
When your child is old enough, swap out the car seat attachment for a snack tray (built to hold toys, treats and sippy cups). Other accessories include a weather shield (for rain and cold), a sun shield (for UV ray protection, blocking bugs and wind), a warm fuzzy fleece pad, a handlebar console, a travel bag and a Stroller Strides fitness kit.
Comfort: The Revolution SE is comfortable for the riders and the parent. A state-of-the-art, patented and adjustable fine-tune suspension system ensures a smooth ride, even on bumpy terrain. The seats are roomy (interior seat width of 12.5 in) and ultra-padded for comfort with an adjustable seatback recline (down to 70° from vertical). The handlebar is also amply padded for the long haul.
Elite Performance: It turns on a dime! The swiveling front wheel gives it its superior maneuverability around those tight spots (hence the name “Revolution”), but can also be fixed or locked in place for increased stability. (Always jog or take off-road with the wheel in locked position.) Its tough polymer composite wheels with pneumatic tires and tubes can handle any terrain.
Storage: The Duallie provides lots of storage space – 2 large mesh seatback pockets (I put everything from keys and cell phone to hats and sunscreen in here), 4 interior mesh seat pockets (great for toys and extra snacks), and an undercarriage storage space. The only issue I have with the basket is that it’s difficult to get larger items in and out due to a separating strap in the middle. Not impossible, but certainly not easy.
Safety: As an active lifestyle stroller, the safety is superb. Like most strollers, it has a padded 5-point harness and a parking brake. It also has a wrist strap to secure the stroller when in use. This wrist strap doubles as a folding lock when the stroller is in “folded storage mode” for extra security.
- Hello sun canopy! The extra-large (full coverage) multi-position canopies cover little faces from the elements well. There is also a large peek-a-boo window on each canopy. Canopies move independent of one another.
- Made of Poly and Dobby weave fabrics, the seats are not only water repellent, but also easy to wipe clean.
- Despite the double-sized handlebar, I can easily fit my diaper bag strap over it for storage.
- Folds up easily with a two-step system, and stays locked into place securely with the wrist strap buckle. One thing you have to remember is to keep the wheels on the ground when you pull up on the red foam pull cord. (Otherwise, your efforts are in vain.)
- Extra large and long footrest provides my (clumsy) kids a catch-all safety net for their dropped toys and accidentally dumped over snacks (rather than being lost on some sidewalk). Fortunately, the fabric type makes it easy to wipe away the unwanted crumbs.
- Easy to assemble. After removing it from the box, it took me 5 minutes or less and no tools.
Size: I know what some of you are wondering, what about the seemingly ginormous size? The sole reason I was hesitant to purchase the Duallie long ago was the size factor. It wasn’t so much the space it would take up in the car (because we have a minivan), nor was it the weight. It was getting through doorways and people traffic. I’ve liked the side-by-side design of tandem strollers the best, as both children can equally see out and interact with one another, but could it fit through the normal doorways of malls and other establishments? The answer is a resounding “YES”! In case you’re wondering, here are the other specifications:
- Weight: 34lb
- Width: 30.5 in
- Folded Dimensions: Can get down to 39×16 in with wheels on or 34.5×13 with wheels detached.
Around here, our beloved strollers have names – BOB and BOB2. (As in, “Are we taking BOB with us today?” or “What about BOB?”) How many people love their stroller so much that they name and make it part of the family?
View our demo video:
BUY IT! Used by world-class athletes, celebrities and the “average Joe,” there is a BOB for everyone – whether your adventures are off-road, in the city, in a road race or just a quick jaunt down your neighborhood. Find your perfect match.
The Revolution SE Duallie comes in orange, navy and black for $659. The Duallie snack tray is sold separately for $50. Purchase them Amazon for under $560 and $39.01, respectively, or find a dealer near you. Pricey but it’s durable, so you won’t have to waste money to keep buying strollers for subsequent children.
And don’t forget the 2 Britax/BOB promotions:
- REGISTRY REWARDS: You can earn a free (yes, FREE) Britax Boulevard 70 convertible car seat (MSRP $320) with the purchase or receipt of five approved BRITAX or BOB items on the BRITAX New Parent Checklist. Strollers, car seats, baby carriers, large accessories and small accessories count toward that total. Just be sure to view the full checklist and read all the guidelines for participation in the program.
- EXPECT GREATNESS TOUR A& SWEEPSTAKES: With the release of the new movie “What to Expect When You’e Expecting” in mid-May, BRITAX and BOB are giving away FREE products and discounts at 40 big-city events in their Expect Greatness Tour. Bring the kids and play fun games like spin the Wheel-of-BRITAX or stroller obstacle courses for the chance to win a BRITAX stroller, BOB stroller, car seat, baby carrier, accessory or a ticket to the movie. For those who can’t join the tour in person, there is also an online promotion, starting April 16th, where participants could win one of 45 prize packages totaling more than $25,000. Winners will be randomly chosen each week and 2 grand prize winners will take home over $4,000 in gear and cash. Visit their FaceBook page or here to enter and be sure to connect with them via Twitter as well.
Other Official Rules and Details: Winner will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section on the homepage of our blog-azine within a few days after the close of the giveaway. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to our email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties. Prize(s) will be mailed directly from the sponsoring brand. No purchase necessary. Erroneous entries (specifically those that did not follow the entry rules) will not be considered. Non-US resident winners may have to answer a series of simple questions in order to comply with international regulations on sweepstakes. To view our complete rules and regulations, please click here.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has chosen to host a giveaway for this product(s) because we think it would benefit our readers. NoM will not responsible for prizes that have not been received, but will make every attempt to assist winner(s) in securing them in a timely fashion. It is the winner’s responsibility to make contact with NoM in a timely manner (within 30 days after the close of the giveaway) to report that a prize(s) has not been received or the prize(s) may be void. NoM may or may not be an affiliate of one or more products mentioned in this review, and by clicking on and/or purchasing products from a banner or link on this page, NoM may make a small commission at no cost to you. Click on the appropriate links to view our full policies, giveaway rules and disclaimers.