About three and a half years ago, my husband and I were expecting our first child and getting ready for his arrival. One of the most important things on our list to get was a car seat. Since we were new parents, I wasn’t sure about what seat I wanted, but I knew I wanted the safest seat possible. While doing some research, I quickly found that Britax is the forerunner for safety, comfort and many other features desired in a car seat. We ended up purchasing the Britax Companion infant car seat (retired). When our son outgrew his infant car seat, we looked to Britax again and purchased the Decathlon convertible car seat (also retired). And when we were expecting our second child, I knew I would need another convertible car seat for when he outgrew the infant car seat. This time we chose the Britax Boulevard 70 CS convertible car seat.
The Boulevard 70 CS will fit your child from birth to 5+ years. So if you really wanted to buy just one seat for your child to use until he/she is old enough (factor in weight and height too) to use just a booster, this is the PERFECT seat:
- Keeps baby rear-facing from 5 – 40 pounds. Most infant seats only go up to 22-30 pounds and most other convertible seats only go up to 30-35 pounds. My 3 year old could be rear-facing in this car seat!
- Keeps toddlers and preschoolers in a five-point harness forward facing from 20-70 pounds and 49 inches. The average 6 year old weighs around 42-48 pounds and is about 41-44 inches tall.
Other great safety and convenience features found in Britax car seats:
- Safe cell technology – lowers center of gravity in the event of a crash
- Integrated steel bars – strengthens the connection of the seat to the vehicle and reduces the forward motion in the event of a crash
- True side impact protection
- Tangle free five-point harness (One of my favorite features of Britax seats. Contrast to other car seat brands, Britax harness straps just do not get twisted or tangled.)
- Click and Safe Snug Harness Indicator (Another one of my favorite features that was not available with my other two car seats. This feature makes a click noise when you tighten the harness straps to let you know when the harness is snug enough.)
- Quick Adjust, no re-thread harness adjuster (This allows you to change the shoulder position of the harness without rethreading the straps!)
- Easy LATCH install or seat belt install (for older vehicles)
- Easy recline position-er with three recline positions
- The price. The Boulevard 70 CS retails at $339.99 which is one of the more expensive convertible seats on the market. However, if you shop around and check for coupons, I am sure you can find it for less. And, the price is worth it for the safety features and longevity of use.
- It is a heavy, big seat. Make sure that this seat will fit in your car before purchasing.
Other Official Rules and Details: Winner will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section on the homepage of our blog-azine within a few days after the close of the giveaway. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to our email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties. Prize(s) will be mailed directly from the sponsoring brand. No purchase necessary. Erroneous entries (specifically those that did not follow the entry rules) will not be considered. Non-US resident winners may have to answer a series of simple questions in order to comply with international regulations on sweepstakes. To view our complete rules and regulations, please click here.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. NoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was NoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. NoM will not responsible for prizes that have not been received, but will make every attempt to assist winner(s) in securing them in a timely fashion. It is the winner’s responsibility to make contact with NoM in a timely manner (within 30 days after the close of the giveaway) to report that a prize(s) has not been received or the prize(s) may be void. Click on the appropriate links to view our full policies, giveaway rules and disclaimers.