Looking for a way to cook your turkey this year?

Last year we wrote about how we attempted to grill a turkey.   How did it turn out? It was simply the best turkey I had ever tasted. I mean, I don’t even like turkey and this way of making it has me craving it again this year. For us, hands down, there is only one way to cook a turkey from now on.  Besides, it means that my oven is freed up for some yummy pies and I don’t have to be responsible for actually making the turkey (isn’t the grill a man’s job?):)

We truly thank you for being a reader of this blog, and we hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving – there is SO much to be thankful for!

Comments

1. 1
    Mary Dailey says:

I will have to try that. Never had a grilled one, but I know I would love it. I wish I had an electric smoker.

2. 2
    Sari Berry says:

You just gave me a new idea! I have never heard of grilling turkey before but it does sound good – I’ll have to try it!

3. 3
    Wendy T says:

Hmmm…..very interesting.

I think I might be too worried about not being able to control the temperature it was cooking at though. Although as I type that, I realize I have control over putting the thermometer in and deciding when to take it off.

4. 4
    Janet W. says:

I’ve never heard of grilling one before. We usually eat ham because we aren’t big turkey fans.

5. 5
    Sandy VanHoey says:

Oh it looks fabulous! I love a great turkey dinner and never had it on the grill before. I had it once deep fried and that was super juicy. So if cooking on the grill, does it take a lot longer to cook this way? I love grilled food and I would love to give this a try for a change.

6. 6
    Valerie says:

Sandy, we had a 10 pounder that took 2 hours and an almost 20 pounder that took just under 4. It depends on your grill temps, I guess.

7. 7
    M.Clark says:

It does look delicious. You mean you just put the entire turkey on the grill and cooked it that way? It doesn’t seem like it should work but judging by your rave reviews it does. I think I’d like to taste some grilled turkey.