Welcome to our first “Merry Fluffy Christmas” sponsor spotlight and your chance to take a sneak peek at one more of the prizes in our “fluffy” prize package offered during December’s event! Remember, ONE winner takes ALL the prizes you will see in these forthcoming sponsor spotlight posts.
Currently valued at almost $400!
Charlie Banana® was created out of a love for eco-friendliness, quality, and design. Their aim was to design products that anyone would feel confident using on themselves and on their babies, and that they would recommend to their friends. Making its way all the way from hong Kong, the Charlie Banana diaper has only recently made its debut in the United States. A great feature of this brand is its availability in various markets, including Amazon.com.
“Goodbye Disposable, Hello Cloth” diaper! What a great visual concept….I wish I could have let my son run around the mall in just his diaper so that everyone could read his bottom!
The “Goodbye Disposable, Hello Cloth” limited edition diaper was released to help promote the use of cloth diapers among the population of moms who have never tried cloth. The goal of Charlie Banana is simply to convert 50% of moms to the trend of cloth diapering, which is a healthier and eco-friendly way of diapering your child.
In keeping with their well-versed philosophy stated above, I must agree on all points, as the diaper is extremely well constructed. You can actually feel it in the quality of the material, both in the shell and in the cotton soaker insert. The level of quality is only a perfect reflection of their views in creating an eco-friendly diaper for our children.
What makes them so special?
Charlie Banana® One Size or Size diapers are a 2 in 1 system. This means you can use reusable (washable) inserts or disposable inserts. A diaper with options! We recommend you stuff the inside with reusable inserts whenever possible, but there are times when you need to be able to use disposables: While traveling, dropping your kid to someone that might be inexperienced with cloth diapers, or any occasion when a disposable might be needed.
Sized versus One Size?
Some mothers prefer the Sized Diapers, as no adjustments are needed and they always give a perfect fit. This is especially true for the Small size diapers. Many babies are light weight upon arrival, and it is harder to fit a One Size as snugly as a Small Size on an underweight baby.
Our recommendation? Get a couple of each size, as you will use them anyway. After seeing which you prefer, add more of your favorite style and color as you wish. They are both great diapers, but just remember that every baby is different and it is really a personal preference.
- The elastic around the thighs stays tight and secure. Noah has thin little legs and so we have that issue every now and again, but I had no problem with leaking while he was running around the house.
- Great absorbency. Noah is at the age where he is urinating quite a bit when he sleeps, so we added an additional liner and had no leak issues while he slept.
- The snap front wings have become somewhat of a must for me. I used to love the ease and convenience of velcro, until using them multiple times and wearing them out. I actually have converted 90% of my velcro diapers into snap front closures.
- Visual appeal. As aforementioned, I love the statement on the back of the diaper – cute, inventive and so true!
- The Charlie Banana line is 100% organic cotton! This is a huge deal, as cotton is currently one of the “dirtiest” and most pesticide-ridden crops in the United States. The use of 100% organic cotton eliminates the worry of pesticide transference into the skin of our little ones!
Make sure to visit the Charlie Banana website to see all of the other great diapers and diaper accessories that the company has to offer, such as their 2-in-1 swim diaper and training pant, feminine cloths, reusable cloth wipes, hanging diaper pail and more!
So what is Charlie Banana generously contributing to our Fluffy Stash package that is now almost $400 in “fluffy” goodness? A “Goodbye Disposable, Hello Cloth” Diaper! (valued at approximately $20)
Here are the EXTRA ENTRY opportunities that will be available at the end of each Merry Fluffy Christmas sponsor post. Do any or all of the following, leave a comment right here and I will transfer over those comments into the giveaway package on the day of the event!
- Follow Charlie Banana on Twitter AND Tweet the following: #WIN @CharlieBanana Cloth Diaper @ANationOfMoms during #FluffyXmas #Giveaway Dec 1st! #clothdiapers (You may tweet daily for 1 extra entry per day)
- Become a fan of Charlie Banana on Facebook.Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. NoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was NoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. NoM will not responsible for prizes that have not been received, but will make every attempt to assist winner(s) in securing them in a timely fashion. It is the winner’s responsibility to make contact with NoM in a timely manner (within 30 days after the close of the giveaway) to report that a prize(s) has not been received or the prize(s) may be void. Click on the appropriate links to view our full policies, giveaway rules and disclaimers.