Mom tips: A few ideas for you to give your children a chance to begin exercising at an early age. This will teach them great habits for exercise and help them fit in socially later in life. Besides, a few minutes of working out or playing will make them settle down and study harder.
- Get them out of the stroller once in a while. They need to walk and run (chasing them around will also give you a great workout).
- Let them watch you work out. There is nothing like being a good example if you want your child to do something.
- Get them involved in sports teams at an early age.
- Take them with you to the track as you walk or run.
- Get a Skuut for your 3-year-old. It will teach them to ride a bike at an early age, and they can ride alongside of you during a walk, without falling (even while pushing a younger one in a stroller).
- Get a jogging stroller, like a Bob. Your kids will love the scenery as you walk and run.
- Take them to the weight room with you. They will learn not to be intimidated by the weight room at an early age.
- Take them to the swimming pool. They will sleep very well after a good swim.
- Turn off the TV and shove them outside.
Try some of these tactics before taking your child to the doctor for an ADHD prescription. Give them a chance.
Beginner Schedule: We will bring up the running a little these next three weeks. Thanksgiving is still eight weeks away. Those of you who are not sure about getting things going, this is a great time to start. Begin walking fast and remember to swing those arms high.
Tue, 10/4: 5min of stretch, 5min walk, 10min run, 5min walk. (don’t forget to swing those arms while walking)
Wed, 10/5: Day off
Thu, 10/6: 5min walk, 10min run, 5min walk, 5min Swiss ball balance (sitting or on knees)
Fri, 10/7: 5min of stretching, 25min walk (fast)
Sat, 10/8: 10min walk, 10min run, 10min walk (fast), 5min stretch
Sun, 10/9: Day off
Tue, 10/11: 5min of stretching, 5min walk, 12min run, 5min walk
Wed, 10/12: Day off
Thu, 10/13: 5min walk, 15min run, 5min walk, 5min Swiss ball balance (sitting or on knees)
Fri, 10/14: 5min of stretching, 25min walk (fast)
Sat, 10/15: 10min walk, 18min run, 5min walk, 5min stretch
Sun, 10/16: 40min as 4x (5min walk, 5min run)
Tue, 10/18: 5min of stretching, 25min of (3min jog, 2min walk)
Wed, 10/19: Day off
Thu, 10/20: 5min walk, 18min run, 5min walk, 5min Swiss ball balance (sitting or on knees)
Fri, 10/21: 5min of stretching, 25min of (2min jog, 3min walk)
Sat, 10/22: 45min walk (fast), 5min stretch
Sun 10/23: Day off