Currently valued at just under $1,800!
With each of these posts, you will have the chance to earn EXTRA BONUS ENTRIES for our BlogMania package. We’ll tell you how it works in a bit. For now, enjoy the revealing of our next prize in the BlogMania package from BRITAX, a company for which adore!
The name brand Britax is synonymous with quality and exceeding safety standards, because for decades Britax has been in the leading role for safety technology in child car seats. Britax performs twice as many safety tests as are required, so that moms can rest assured.
There is no price that can be placed on my children’s safety – only THE BEST will do. Britax car seats are, simply stated, the best. And that’s why we chose Britax from the very start. I did my homework long ago and I have never looked back or regretted my decision. Almost 5 years later and we now are proud owners of 4 Britax seats, 3 of which are retired (Frontier, Companion, and Decathlon) – yes, we still use and love each and every one of them!
Did you know that head injuries are the #1 cause of car accident death in children 12 and under? According to the Children’s hospital of Philadelphia and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1 in 4 crashes occur from the side (30% of fatalities are a result of side impact crashes). Even if your car is equipped with side air curtains, they are not designed to protect children.
Recently Britax redesigned and expanded their fleet with maximum safety features, making them even better at their “job” and the very best in their class for head safety. They incorporated features such as:
- SafeCell Technology, which lowers your child’s center of gravity to help minimize potential injury during a crash
- True Side Impact Protection, which shields the child, minimizes movement and distributes the forces in a crash
- Integrated Steel Bars, which strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether®, a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation
In a few weeks time, I will be expecting another baby, so I needed to search for car seats once again. It wasn’t a matter of which brand to choose, as only Britax is on my list – I trust them above all other brands with my most precious cargo. I just had to figure out which Britax seats to consider. Not only is Britax unmatched in “360 degree safety,” but they are also constantly making progress in the ease of use for the consumer. So I was excited to see what new products Britax had to offer.
We ultimately chose the convertible Boulevard 70 CS in Waverly.
The quality and durability, as expected, are superb. But unlike its predecessors, this car seat is also comfortably plush and absolutely easy to install, adjust and clean. Plus, the Waverly print is very stylish, much better than it appeared on my computer screen. Some features I love:
- You can adjust the height of the shoulder harness without re-threading – it’s as simple as gripping a handle behind the headrest and pulling up or down. You can even do it while the child is seated and strapped in!
- I have always wondered how snug is “snug enough” for the harness. Now with the Click & Safe® Snug Harness Indicator, I don’t have to wonder any longer. I can actually hear when it’s within range of appropriate snugness.
- Britax has separated the lower latch for quicker and easier installation.
- You can easily remove the cover for cleaning without having to re-thread anything!
- It appears much wider, deeper, larger and bulkier than my previous Britax convertible car seat. My daughter looks better encased and protected that way, not to mention more comfortable. (She really loves her new seat!)
- With three reclining positions and a soft, plush seat cover, naptime on long trips can be better tolerated. The side head cushions can also double as a head support during said naptimes.
- SafeCell™ Technology
- True Side Impact Protection
- Integrated Steel Bars
- Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether®
- Click & Safe® Snug Harness Indicator
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness
- Harness Ultra Guard System (HUGS™)
- 70-pound Weight Capacity
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline
- High Density Comfort Foam
- Plush, Easy-Remove Cover with matching comfort pads and infant body
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors
- Built-in Lock-Offs for lap and shoulder belt installation
- Anti-Slip, Contoured Base
- Convenient Harness Holders
- Certified for Aircraft Travel
Why choose a convertible car seat?
Because it is versatile! It’s built to last for many years of use. You can maximize the usage by accommodating infants from 5 pounds (rear-facing) to toddler years (forward-facing). In this case, up to 70 pounds in just one seat. Sure the price of $339.99 is steep ($90 cheaper if purchased on Amazon), but that means no more buying an infant seat plus a separate toddler seat.
What are the cons?
- One feature I have always wished to see in Britax’s convertible car seats is a cup holder (although we have recently purchased a cup holder for this particular seat). The older models we own could not accommodate them as accessories like these newer models now can.
- These seats are also heavy and bulky, which may be a plus in comfort for the child, but it may not fit all cars. So keep that in mind before making a purchase.
- Again, the price. But for me, the safety features are worth it. Plus, it isn’t as expensive if you only purchase this one seat rather than an infant seat and a toddler seat.
Bottom Line: I give it my absolute highest car seat rating possible!
But before making a decision on which car seat to buy, be sure to use Britax’s Fit My Child feature to see which seat would be the best fit (thus the safest) for your child. Then use their YouTube channel to watch demos on how to properly install, secure and adjust the car seat.
OR **WIN** one in your choice of fabric during BlogMania!
From today until the event in October, A Nation of Moms is offering **extra bonus entries** into the event by doing any of the extra optional follows at the end of each of these BlogMania Sponsor Spotlights. Just simply follow these steps:
- Become a fan, subscribe, or follow the sponsor and/or do any of the extra bonus options below. (One extra entry for each)
- Comment on here telling me which ones you did with the following sample wording: “BlogMania FaceBook fan of BRITAX extra entry”
- Then make sure you enter the mandatory entry of our BlogMania event on October 6th. We will transfer all of your extra bonus entries into the main event after the event is over.
Without further delay, here are the EXTRA ENTRY opportunities that will be available at the end of each BlogMania sponsor post:
- Become a fan Britax on Facebook.
- Follow Britax on Twitter.
- Tweet the following (You can also do this DAILY for one bonus entry per day): #WIN $1000+ in prizes during @BlogManiaEvents @ANationofMoms in October #giveaway #blogmania11
- Search our directory of featured posts at A Nation of Moms and write a blog post, linking to one of them. (Make sure to include your url in the comment.)
- Blog about and link to one of our current giveaways.
Stay tuned for more sponsors and upcoming prize reveals this month and next.