Our son just turned 9 years old. This upcoming school year he will be leaving our neighborhood school that is just a block away, and attending a school across town. It is a wonderful opportunity, but my husband and I are a little concerned with him being farther away. We worry about his safety and protection. We decided it was time to get him a cell phone so that if he needed anything, he could quickly reach us. We got him a phone that has GPS tracking and allows him to make phone calls and text. We taught him how to call 911, and how to call us for help. I still worried that in an emergency there wouldn’t be time for him to make the emergency call, or that he might forget what he needed to do.
Then we heard about SafeKidZone, we knew it was a necessary addition to his new phone and our peace of mind.
SafeKidZone takes your child’s cell phone and converts it into a personal security system, 24/7/365. When you have SafeKidZone, help is available to your child whenever they feel unsafe, threatened, or even in an emergency or crisis situation. By pressing one panic button on their cell phone, your child can reach emergency operators who will have access to your child’s location and their personal profile.
The service made perfect sense. It would turn our son’s cell phone into his own personal help line. I was excited to learn how it worked.
Then, When they press the button an alert is immediately sent to their Safety Network of friends and family and the 24/7 Response Call Center. The alert is sent as an email AND a text message. The precise location of the child is determined by GPS technology.
Next, The child, Safety Network and our 24/7 Response Call Center are then all connected in a live conference call.
And, if the situation is not resolved in minutes and is life-threatening, their 24/7 Response Call Center will instantly escalate the emergency to the nearest 911 responder by tele-connecting all with the Police, Fire or Ambulance and sending them the child’s Emergency Safety Profile (Vital statistics, GPS location, current photo of your child, etc.).
With SafeKidZone your child can get help within seconds of an emergency situation. Friends, family, neighbors and 911 will be mobilized to protect your kid.
It can be vital for a child in these types of situations:
- Attempted sexual offense
- Walking or playing alone
- Attempted kidnapping
- Avoiding dangerous areas
- Attempted theft
- Home alone
- At school when threatened by classmates (bullying)
- Experiencing a medical problem
- Lost or can’t find their way home
- Feels unsafe for any reason
- Panic Button -one touch help, fast.
- Safety Network-trusted friends and family who are all informed when your child needs help. More people to help. Access the network on line and make changes and additions whenever the need arises.
- Response Call Center -24 hours a day to answer your child’s call and get help.
- GPS Location -to see where your child is at all times. This can be tracked from a parents cell phone also. That’s what is so great about the application.
- Emergency Safety Profile -helps get information and a picture to emergency services faster if needed. This profile is very complete, medical conditions, allergies, nicknames for your child, blood type, etc.
- Threat Level / Threat Alert -alerts parents and children as they move, the degree of threat around them.
- Danger Zones-helps your child identify and avoid dangerous areas.
- Crime Level and Sex Offender Map-shows location of high crime areas and registered sex offenders.
- Audio Video Recording-once the panic button is hit, everything said and done is recorded. Assists in helping your child and offers evidence if necessary.
- Safe Neighbors Program -more people in your child’s corner, helping to keep them safe.
- Online Neighborhood Watch-On line community were members can weight in on the safety of neighborhoods.
They have apps for all phones (iphone app will be ready in the next few weeks). The app lets you access not only the service, but all the special safety features that come with it. This means that I can be anywhere, with my cell phone and not only track our son, but check the safety of his location and be alerted if there is a problem.
My next question was the cost. I had envisioned that a product, and service like SafeKidZone would run at least $39.99 a month. After all, it is more than just a phone app. The service provides your child with a 24 hour call center. A real person on the other end of the line. (They also offer a similar service for adults, perfect for an elderly individual who might be living alone.) I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the full service is only $9.99 a month, and if you sign up they will give you a free trial. SafeKidZone also offers a modified version of the service free. SafeKidZone is also working on launching their family plan. This is a more extensive plan that will allow the app to be accessed by a number of phones in a household.
There is great peace of mind knowing that there is an army of people watching out for our child. SafeKidZone has done just that. They have called in the troops and mobilized a small army that is always there to help and protect. I have slept better knowing that in three weeks when school starts, our son, at the touch of a button, will be able to get help.
When we told our son about SafeKidZone, he was excited. His exact words…”I won’t worry anymore, now that I know I can get help just by hitting this button.” This service will be on all of our phones as soon as the family plan is available. I know it will bring peace of mind now, and through our children’s teenage years.
Visit SafeKidZone today and bring peace of mind to you and your child. Be sure to check out their YouTube channel also, for more on the SafeKidZone. All readers can “like” them on Facebook and get a 15-day trial!
**Win** SafeKidZone is generously offering one of our readers a FREE 6 months of the full feature service!
To enter, leave us a comment telling us why you need this service and for who in your family you would use it.
This is required and must be done before the extra entries or your entries will not be valid!
(For 1 Extra Entry Each. Leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each.)
- Become a FAN of SafeKidZone on Facebook. (And receive 15 FREE days of service.)
- Follow SafeKidZone on Twitter.
- Follow A Nation of Moms on Twitter.
- Become a FAN of A Nation of Moms on Facebook.
- Subscribe to A Nation of Moms blogazine via Email on the sidebar. (You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process.)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry daily. Copy and paste: #WIN a FREE 6 months of @SafeKidZone @ANationofMoms http://bit.ly/pCMCTe #giveaway
- Join our Blog Frog Community + Post something on our forum (either start a new topic of discussion or post an answer to a previous one).
- Enter one of our other giveaways. (one extra entry per giveaway entered)
- Grab our button at the bottom of our sidebar and post it on your blog’s sidebar for the duration of the giveaway.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back to this page.
***Giveaway closes August 21st @ 11:59 pm EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to US and Canada.***
Winner is will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to our email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. NoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was NoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.