Madre Labs recently came out with a line of baby products called Mild By Nature. Every one of their products “contains NO No-No’s!” That means NO sulfates, parabens, dyes, animal testing or animal ingredients. They are also:
- Dermatologist reviewed
- pH Balanced and suitable for all skin types
- Mild and gentle enough for newborns
- Made with Biodegradable Ingredients
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Made in U.S.A
- Made with beneficial oils (such as Evening Primrose, Borage Seed, Flax Seed, Marigold Flower Extract, Oat Kernel Extract, Colloidal Oatmeal) to nourish and soothe sensitive skin
Madre Labs ensures the highest quality formulations by continually evaluating new ingredients, industry-recognized acceptable lists and online safety databases, based on emerging new data regarding raw materials.
I read my labels carefully and am a minimalist when it comes to the number of ingredients being used on my children’s products. Although I still have a few questions about a couple of the ingredients (like what is “natural fragrance”?) for the most part, I am comfortable with the list. Mild by Nature is not yet listed in EWG’s Cosmetic Database, but I did search for each individual ingredient on the label, and most (not all) of the unfamiliar ingredients were rated a zero or one on the database, which is great. Plus many of their ingredients are certified organic ingredients.
What did I think about the products in their product line?
- With the exception of the unscented lotion, each of their products is so very minimally scented that I had to take a triple sniff to figure out if there even was a scent. That’s a good thing when it comes to baby skin!
- Living in an arid environment, soft hair can be hard to attain. Mild by Nature‘s Tear-Free Shampoo & Body Wash and Hair Conditioner does leave my son’s hair very soft without striping any of the oils in his hair. We don’t have much of an issue with tangles (with a boy and a girl with almost no hair), so I can’t tell you if it helps in that arena.
- We’re not much of a bubble bath family, but we’ve really used the soap-free Bubble Bath quite a bit lately. It puts out a good amount of average lasting bubbles (longer than Mr. Bubbles, in case you’re wondering) if you add at least 4 capfuls, so the smallish bottle won’t last very long. You have to love the “Bubble Equation” printed on their bottle:
1-3 capfuls x vigorously running water = Bitty Baby Bubbles
3-4 capfuls x vigorously running water = Bouncy Baby Bubbles
5-8 capfuls x vigorously running water = Bountiful Baby Bubbles
9-12 capfuls x vigorously running water = Bazillion Baby Bubbles
- My favorite product is the Everyday Lotion. Even though it is labeled a lotion, it’s more of a cream in its consistency. It’s thick but it’s not greasy and doesn’t feel heavy on your skin. Also a tiny amount goes a very long way, so it will last a long time. It’s probably the best value in price for that reason alone, whereas the Bubble Bath not so much.
- We only used the Bitty Bottom Cream once but we didn’t have a diaper rash issue at the time of use, so I don’t know how well if actually works. However, it did seem to bother my daughter a bit when I had it on (I’m not sure if it’s it’s an ingredient making or uncomfortable or if she didn’t like having it on), so I’m a bit afraid to use it when she actually has a diaper rash issue. And in case you are wondering, this cream does contain zinc oxide, so it isn’t a good idea to use with cloth diapers.
Buy! Mild by Nature‘s new baby care line from iHerb, an online vitamins and natural products retailer of over 25,000 products, for 25% off of suggested retail price. Receive even more of a discount when you purchase in bulk or purchase combinations of the product line.
(Currently, iHerb is the sole distributor for Madre Labs.)
- Tear-Free Shampoo & Body Wash $12.71
- Bubble Bath $10.46
- Hair Conditioner $6.71
- Everyday Lotion (Lightly Fragranced) or Everyday Lotion (Unscented) $9.71
- Bitty Bottom Cream $10.46
**Win** The COMPLETE line of baby care products from Mild by Nature! (Valued at over $79 if purchased separately at suggested retail price)
To enter, visit Madre Labs and leave us a comment telling us something else you’d like to try (aside from the baby care line).
This is required and must be done before the extra entries or your entries will not be valid!
(For 1 Extra Entry Each. Leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each.)
- Become a FAN of Madre Labs on Facebook.
- FollowA Nation of Moms on Twitter.
- Become a FAN ofA Nation of Moms on Facebook.
- Subscribe to A Nation of Moms blogazine via Email on the sidebar. (You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process.)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry daily. Copy and paste: #WIN COMPLETE Mild By Nature Baby Care Line @ANationofMoms http://bit.ly/ntpJML #giveaway
- Join our Blog Frog Community + Post something on our forum (either start a new topic of discussion or post an answer to a previous one).
- Enter one of our other giveaways. (one extra entry per giveaway entered)
- Grab our button at the bottom of our sidebar and post it on your blog’s sidebar for the duration of the giveaway.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back to this page.
***Giveaway closes August 8th @ 11:59 pm EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to US.***
Winner is will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to our email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. NoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was NoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.