Our next and last Etsy Sumemr Loving’ giveaway item comes from a popular Portland based Esty seller of homemade goodies. With 100% feedback on over 1100 sales, you just have to see the buzz that Little Dreamers Inc. has created. The absolutely stunning photograhy compliments all of her gorgeous items – it was a difficult task to pick which items to showcase. So what does she sell?
- High quality tutus (ready made or custom made) with tons of fluff for newborns and up ($25 and up)
- Shirts and onesies to macth ($15)
- Headbands and Hair wreaths ($8-$12)
- And my favorite, Butterfly or Star Mobiles and chandeliers of various color combinations and patterns ($58 and up) or DIY mobile kits ($24 and up)
Can I say, I want it ALL!?!?
When we combined my son and daughter’s room last month, I wanted to add a girly touch to their woodland themed room. These whimsical butterfly mobiles were a perfect choice. They come fully assembled or it DIY kits for about half the price for those of you who like to be crafty or would like to spend a little less money. These are great for a nursery or for photo props.
Now, as some of you may knwo from pervious posts, I am the least crafty person in the world, but I opted for the White Butterfly DIY Mobile Kit to prove to my readers that this could be accomplished by all moms. I will give you the good, the bad and the ugly of my entire process in case there are those of you interested in buying these kits rather than the finsihed mobiles. Whitney, the mastermind of creativity behind these fabulosu mobiles, says that they take about 3 man hours to complete and can be accomplished by beginners to advanced adults.
First of all, shipping was fast and the box came complete with a cute butterfly on the outside. Inside I found:
- Detailed step-by-step instructions (with photos)
- Clear string (pre-cut and perfectly sized)
- Assortment of glittery adn non-glittery butterflies – lovely in every possible way
- 4 starnds of high quality satin ribbon
- Tiny clear beads
- Plus extras of butterflies, beads and string
The 6-step instructions said you needed an iron, needle, thread and a glue gun (or super glue). Panic set in. “I can’t sew or iron,” I reminded myself, and I didn’t have a glue gun. I decided to take a deep breath and just take it one step at a time (and hire help when I came to a stopping point, which was inevitable!). Besides, as stated in her instructions, Whitney is avaiable throughout the process of building your kit in case you need extra assistance.
Let’s start with the bad… It wasn’t excatly difficult to make this mobiel but it was tedious, repetitive and tiresome, espcially in the begiining when you’re not seeing much progress. But maybe that’s what it takes to actually make a craft (I wouldn’t know). The worst part of the process was making sure the string was taut enough on the hoop, which is the very first step. That and not having a thimble when poking the holes through the butterflies (ouch!). By the way, the ironing was minmial and super easy. One bit of advice – don’t have long nails to string the beads and tie the knots on the string or it will take longer. Once you actually start the stringing process, it does go a lot faster and it gives you that extra boost of confidence and motivation to get it done.
The bad, which turned out not to be so bad… What do you have to sew? It’s minor really, but it’s still sewing (which to me is torture). You need to sew the 4 strads of ribbon together at the top. Even though my sewing skills are not up to par, this kit design is very forgiving and allowed all of my “mistakes” to be covered up by a smaller piece of ribbon that was suppsoed to be hot glued around what you sewed. Although I did’t use a glue gun, fabric glue eneded up working just fine.
The good… My end product, though not as perfect as Whitney’s showcased mobiles, is abosluetly lovely and I didn’t have to hire any help!
How long did it end up taking this un-crafty mom? About 4 hours or so – just an hour over the estimated time on her instructions. Not too shabby! This kit is proof that the absolute worst crafty person in the world can do it. Maybe it will take slightly more effort, but you can certianly get a great finsihed product that you’re actually proud of. Gotta love it when an un-crafty person can pretend to be crafty!
After having finsihed this project, I must have gotten a little over-ambitious and went out and bought a stencil painting kit for this woodland-themed room. Even my husband told me tonight that he never thought he would see the day that I would paint. I thank Little Dreamers Inc. for that extra boost of confidence!
**Win** Little Dreamers Inc. is generously offering a $35 gift certificate for anything in her shop! In case you’re wondering, it covers the cost of most kits plus (domestic) shipping (with extra to spare). Now that I have a mobile, I am dying to get my hands on one of those adorable tutus for my duaghter’s 2 year old photos this winter. Check out the autumn tutus – they are spectacular and perfect for Halloween!
To enter, browse Little Dreamers Inc. and leave us a comment telling us which item(s) you’d purchase if you won the $35 GC.
This is required and must be done before the extra entries or your entries will not be valid!
(For 1 Extra Entry Each. Leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each.)
- Become a FAN of Little Dreamers on Facebook. (This is where she posts all new and upcoming items and posts giveaways!)
- Follow A Nation of Moms on Twitter.
- Become a FAN of A Nation of Moms on Facebook.
- Subscribe to A Nation of Moms blogazine via Email on the sidebar. (You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process.)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry daily. Copy and paste: #WIN a $35 GC to Etsy’s Little Dreamers Inc @ANationofMoms http://bit.ly/rucXFF #giveaway
- Join our Blog Frog Community + Post something on our forum (either start a new topic of discussion or post an answer to a previous one).
- Enter one of our other giveaways. (one extra entry per giveaway entered)
- Grab our button at the bottom of our sidebar and post it on your blog’s sidebar for the duration of the giveaway.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back to this page.
***Giveaway closes August 10th @ 11:59 pm EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open worldwide.***
Winner is will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to our email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. NoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was NoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.