Have you ever been listening to a song and mis-heard lyrics that were completely ridiculous and/or utterly hilarious? Later, when you hear the song again, all you can hear are the funny or silly lyrics you thought you heard and not the original lyrics. That happens to me all the time.
When I was in college, (as a music major) we had “drop the needle” tests over all kinds of music. The professor would “drop the needle” somewhere in the middle of a song and we would have to be able to name the composer, title and time period for each piece. It was brutal. Our coping mechanism was to put words and stories to each composition. It helped us pass and it made us laugh. Beethoven’s Wig is very similar to that idea, only done professionally and with class. If you like parodies such as Weird Al AND you like “classical music”, you will LOVE Beethoven’s Wig. Even if you think you don’t like classical music, you should check out this album.
In Sing Along Piano Classics, Richard Perlmutter shows his sense of humor and amazing talent as he puts lyrics to familiar piano pieces such as Chopsticks, Chopin’s Funeral March, Brahm’s Lullaby and Clair de Lune by Debussy. My personal favorite is his story set to Scott Joplin’s The Entertainer. It tells about a set of movers who get a piano stuck in a doorway. They can’t get it in and they can’t get it out, so they just leave it there. Oh my! It makes me chuckle every time. Never again will I be able to hear this piece without seeing a piano stuck in a doorway. Brilliant!
This particular CD, Beethoven’s Wig: Sing Along Piano Classics, is the fifth in a series that has won a record number of awards and four Grammy nominations. The other titles in the series include Sing Along Symphonies, More Sing Along Symphonies, Many More Sing Along Symphonies and Dance Along Symphonies. Each of these would make a terrific addition to your collection, whether you are a musician, music teacher, music major, music listener or a parent trying to expose your kids to all kinds of music.
The website contains all kinds of information on each album, the awards it has won and information for ordering all of the Beethoven’s Wig series. Plus, you can sneak a peek at a live performance of Beethoven’s Wig in a video clip available on the home page. Now that I have enjoyed the fifth album, I can’t wait to see what happens on the sixth. I know you will enjoy this, too!
**Win** Beethoven’s Wig: Sing Along Piano Classics for yourself!
To enter, visit the the “About” section of their website and leave us a comment telling us something you learned.
This is required and must be done before the extra entries or your entries will not be valid!
(For 1 Extra Entry Each. Leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each.)
- Become a FAN of Beethoven’s Wig on Facebook.
- Follow Beethoven’s Wig on Twitter.
- FollowA Nation of Moms on Twitter.
- Become a FAN ofA Nation of Moms on Facebook.
- Subscribe to A Nation of Moms blogazine via Email on the sidebar. (You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process.)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry daily. Copy and paste: #WIN the un-classical @BeethovensWig CD @ANationofMoms http://bit.ly/qley3F #giveaway #blogmania11
- Join our Blog Frog Community + Post something on our forum (either start a new topic of discussion or post an answer to a previous one).
- Enter one of our other giveaways. (one extra entry per giveaway entered)
- Grab our button at the bottom of our sidebar and post it on your blog’s sidebar for the duration of the giveaway.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back to this page.
***Giveaway closes August 4th @ 11:59 pm EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to US.***
Winner is will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to our email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. NoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was NoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.