Who would have believed you could do a load of laundry without using soap? No rinse cycle? And to be able to use something for a whole year before it has to be replaced? Huh. Wow! Someone was thinking. When I first heard about SmartKlean, I was reluctant to try it. I kept putting it off because in a home with three children who are professional mess makers, I thought it might fail. It didn’t!
I like it because…
- The kids can help with the laundry! Woohoo!
- It uses less water because you do not have to use a rinse cycle. It will be nice to see the water bill go down.
- It is hypoallergenic. No chemicals to mess with. No worries. Great for people with sensitive skin and allergies.
- No more trips to the store to purchase laundry detergent.
- It leaves clothes smelling clean without perfumes.
- It is recyclable and biodegradable. And, it replaces many, many containers of detergent. Less packaging is better for the environment, even if the packaging is recyclable.
- It should work for a year.
What is it?
The SmartKlean Laundry Ball is a 100% toxin-free alternative to laundry detergents, soap, fabric softeners and dryer sheets developed with an innovative cleaning technology. Its active components are designed to make one laundry ball re-usable for approximately 365 washes. At less than one cent per load, this makes it an extremely economical alternative in comparison to any laundry soap or detergent.
The ingredients and special formulations that make up the ceramics (not chemicals) within the laundry ball are derived from minerals which essentially help the water clean without the use of surfactants or harsh chemicals. (see “How it works”)
Got allergies? This is for you.
It is designed to leave zero residue or traces behind on clothing and linens – ideal for those with respiratory or skin sensitivities, such as babies and children which are most vulnerable to the effects of allergens. (See “For your health”)
The environmental advantages are truly phenomenal (See “Protect your planet”).
- It leaves no residue or traces of chemicals in our waterways or water treatment plants – protecting our precious aquatic ecosystems and water supply.
- One laundry ball reduces (on average) 20-40 containers and packaging for detergent (not including fabric softener containers) and 4-5 boxes of softener sheets or dryer sheets.
- The laundry ball is BPA & PVC free.
- The material the enclosure is made of is recyclable TPE (non-plastic). The ceramic pellets and magnets are biodegradable.
- It is very water efficient (no residues mean no rinse cycles necessary). It can save anywhere from 2,000-8,000 gallons of water.
- It is very energy efficient (no hot water necessary for any fabric).
Other great advantages
- It naturally maintains the softness and elasticity of clothing (hence no fabric softener or dryer sheets necessary), and no more static cling!
- It naturally preserves the colors of clothing longer than any laundry detergent.
- It is much easier to use than any soap or detergent! So easy, even kids can help with the laundry chores now!
- It is compatible with HE, front and top loaders. It is 100% safe for all washers and septic systems (and even helps maintain their cleanliness).
I was skeptical, but got positive results. I am not the only one. SmartKlean offers a blog with other people’s testimonials and reviews on their testimonials page. Plus, they also have a ton of useful information about all kinds of other helpful hints and discussions. I learned something!
I encourage you to invest in the SmartKlean Laundry Ball. It worked for me and it can work for you.
BUY! SmartKlean Laundry Ball for $45 (plus $5 shipping), or 2 for $85 (plus $5 shipping). If you buy 3 or more, shipping is free!
**Win** TWO readers will win their own SmartKlean Laundry Ball!
To enter, visit SmartKlean’s blog and leave a comment on one of their posts. Then come back here and let me know which article you posted on (title only).
This is required and must be done before the extra entries or your entries will not be valid!
(For 1 Extra Entry Each. Leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each.)
- Become a FAN of SmartKlean on Facebook.
- Follow SmartKlean on Twitter.
- FollowA Nation of Moms on Twitter.
- Become a FAN ofA Nation of Moms on Facebook.
- Subscribe to A Nation of Moms blogazine via Email on the sidebar. (You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process.)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry daily. Copy and paste: #WIN a @SmartKlean laundry ball from @ANationofMoms! TWO winners! http://bit.ly/mGyt5H #giveaway #blogmania11
- Join our Blog Frog Community + Post something on our forum (either start a new topic of discussion or post an answer to a previous one).
***Giveaway closes July 16th @ 11:59 pm EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to US and Canada.***
Winner is will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. NoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was NoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.