Pregnant and overheated? Get nightly hot flashes? Wake up sweating? Are you a pillow flipper?
If you answered “yes” to any of these, try a PolarPillow!
Living with a family of hot heads (and no, not the temper kind, though I could argue that one), I knew that a PolarPillow would be beneficial to our family. My son and daughter often wake up with sweaty heads, and both my husband and son like to flip their pillows at night until they find the “cold spot.” And then there’s pregnant little me who’s liable to get hot just thinking about all of that. We currently use Tempur-Pedic pillows and a mattress, which seem to trap in the heat, especially in the summer months.
So it was no surprise when PolarPillow contacted us for a review that I heard a resounding “YES” from the family. After all, given our current situations, we were the perfect candidate family for a test run.
What is PolarPillow? It’s a brand new, scientifically-formulated cool-to-the-touch pillow that solves the “pillow flipping” problem. The encased endothermic gel on the blue side of the pillow uses ambient room temperature to dissipate body heat and generate coolness. (In case you’re wondering, the white side is is the underside and contains a plush pillow filling.) PolarPillow requires no electricity, batteries, refrigeration, chemicals or water. Just lay down and within seconds the cooling effect starts and lasts for hours.
Being the self-sacrificing mother and wife that I am, I, the pregnant one, gave up the comfort of owning one of the two pillows to my husband and son.
The first night, my husband snored deeply. He hasn’t slept as soundly (as noticed by his snoring) in years. I was back to poking him various times throughout the night like I used to do when he was a professional athlete. I’m not sure whether or not to thank PolarPillow for this new job of mine.
I couldn’t get usage of the pillow until these last few days when my husband went on a trip. So what did I think of it?
- Right away I noticed the pillow is heavy. Not immovable but pretty close. It must weigh more than 10 pounds. But then again, if you don’t have to flip your pillow, this won’t be an issue, right?
- The pillow is not stiff as I would have imagined – it’s quite squishy. I’m pretty sure that’s the technical term.
- The coolness is rejuvenating and relaxing at the same time.
- Even the white underside stays cool, although the blue side is still considerably cooler. Being slightly on the cold-blooded side, the white side is adequately cool for me.
- I can see where this could be a lifesaver for a pregnant (or back-aching) blogger – just prop it on your lower back as you type away.
- These pillows came out in perfect time for our move to the south, where I can foresee sweltering hot summer nights.
- Did I say I was self-sacrificing? I may take that statement back.
PolarPillow would really make an excellent Mother’s Day gift. Moms could really (desperately) use the restful night of sleep, however short it may be. And the right pillow can set the tone for the entire night. This pillow is definitely worth its “weight” in gold.
Other things you may want to know:
- PolarPillow is exclusively made in the USA and has undergone extensive quality control testing.
- No machine washing is needed. The blue side is particularly resistant to absorbing liquids so if a spill occurs, just spot clean. Keep the pillow covered with a pillowcase for added protection.
- Standard pillowcases blend the pillow to your room decor.
- The current model is ideally suited for side sleepers, but they are working on one for back sleepers (like myself).
BUY! The PolarPillow is exclusively sold online for $99 with FREE shipping. Use the code “NATIONOFMOMS” and receive 10% off. Take the PolarPillow challenge – if you don’t like it, return it within 30 days for a refund.
**Win** Two of our readers will each receive a PolarPillow!!
To enter, visit PolarPillow and refer it to ONE friend using their (very short) form. Leave a comment on this post letting me know who you referred (no last names, just first names or relation).
This is required and must be done before the extra entries or your entries will not be valid!
(For 1 Extra Entry Each. Leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each.)
- Become a FAN of PolarPillow on Facebook.
- Follow PolarPillow on Twitter.
- Follow A Nation of Moms on Twitter.
- Become a FAN of A Nation of Moms on Facebook.
- Subscribe to A Nation of Moms blogazine via Email on the sidebar. (You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process.)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry daily. Copy and paste: Stop Pillow-flipping and #WIN a @PolarPillow from @ANationofMoms. 2 winners. http://bit.ly/eQBJQB #giveaway #blogmania11
- Join our Blog Frog Community + Post something on our forum (either start a new topic of discussion or post an answer to a previous one).
***Giveaway closes May 17th @ 11:59 pm EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to US Residents.***
Winner is will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. NoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was NoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.