a few things happened along the way.
- I had an IEP meeting where the Physical Therapist didn’t make any of the changes we asked her to on the reports.
- The awesome Speech Therapist confirmed what I thought-Isaac is missing hearing sounds in high frequency ranges. He’s missing the th, s, t, f and p sounds. We’re not sure if he’s not hearing them or it is the processing disorder. That lead to…
- getting an ENT appointment to check out the fact that the rotten ear infections have returned and again, see the hearing issue in the above bullet.
- I’m still trying to come to grips with the realities of some of the recommendations on the IEP, especially the Special Class Math. I’m still not sold. I signed off on it, because it’s easier to stop services mid stream than add them. But they know…I’m not sold.
- My wallet went MIA. It’s in the disaster area of the house somewhere. AND the house is a disaster because….
- Isaac had his 7th birthday, and we’ve got Lego, Star Wars, Super Hero and Buffalo Sabres puke all over my house!
- It’s spring break!
and the biggest reason…
I had a “Mom Walton” moment at the beginning of the month around my birthday. I was at the pet store to pick up some treats for our resident cats and there was a rescue there. I saw this little, orange 8 month old cat and heard her story…and here went my “take in every stray that comes in my direction” moment. I picked her up. She purred. Isaac loved on her. She purred. We adopted her.
Dani (short for Danielle-the female version of Daniel Striped Tiger of Mr. Rogers’ fame..) has a penchant for my laptop. She tends to sit on my hands, my keyboard or anything that reeks of having me work. She even has taken to walking on my laptop.
This time I got up to go and get a drink from the kitchen, and I came back to a computer with the post gone and a series of random letters and numbers on it.
So, I gave up. Dani won this one.
I’m now off to clean up another set of Legos and move the stuffed Sabretooth (the Sabres mascot-a gift from my sister for Isaac on his birthday) and maybe try again to write that post. If Dani will let me.