It’s April and for most of us that means the weather is starting to warm up and the snow melt. Kids are itching to get outdoors and play until the last leaf falls from the trees again. (I know my kids want to be outdoors 24/7 once the temperatures get nice.) Foster their need to be outdoors with these fabulous featured teepees from Heirloom Wooden Toys. (Plus, they do double-duty, serving as a relief from the scorching sun or a great place for an outdoor nap.)
- collapsable and portable
- super easy and fast to assemble (20 minutes tops the first time and then less than a minute thereafter)
- water repellant
- fire resistant
- made of 6 panels of durable cotton canvas
- wooden poles held together by sturdy string (pictured right)
- easy to decorate with oil or water based paints (actually, someone also told me you could use markers in a pinch)
But these teepees are not just for outdoor play. When we received the package, it had been raining for a few days, and my husband finally couldn’t stand to keep it boxed up any longer. So we set it up in the living room and had a “family powwow” – both adults, both kids and both dogs (labradors). Since we all fit rather comfortably, it got me thinking… Standing at 7.5 feet tall and 6.5 feet wide, just how many people could fit in these things?
We took it outdoors to test it out. Watch this short video to find out how many!
A couple of “neighbors” couldn’t help but bring out their own teepees and make it a village.
Next time I think I’ll get the kids to make Native American headdresses from construction paper and feathers to make our play time complete. You could even extend play until nighttime by hanging a (non-burning) lantern or flashlight from the top.
To buy or not to buy? The husband says it’s awesome and he wished he could have one made to use for camping. I, too, think it’s pretty fabulous. However, as I watched my 15 month old crawl out under the panels (why can’t she just use the door?!?), I got a little nervous as to whether or not it would stay up. Surprisingly, it did stay up through all the rough play, but I have one suggestion to make it even better and ease my own worries. Perhaps a hoop or other rigid device near the top of the teepee on the inside would hold the poles in place and keep it from collapsing. Just a thought from this (always) worrisome mom, though I’d still get one in a heartbeat without it!
Easily browse through their thousands of high-quality, safe wooden toys by age, brand, price or category. And rest assured that in anything you choose, you will have “quality delivered” and “attentive personal service.”
I personally LOVE this online store!
Buy! The Powwow Lodge Teepee retails for $179.95. Shipping is FREE on orders over $99 and $5 on all others.
**Win** A $50 Gift Certificate to Heirloom Wooden Toys!
To enter, visit Heirloom Wooden Toys and leave a comment on this post letting me know something you would love to buy with the gift certificate.
This is required and must be done before the extra entries or your entries will not be valid!
(For 1 Extra Entry Each. Leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each.)
- Become a FAN of Heirloom Wooden Toys on Facebook.
- Follow Heirloom Wooden Toys on Twitter.
- Follow A Nation of Moms on Twitter.
- Become a FAN of A Nation of Moms on Facebook.
- Subscribe to A Nation of Moms blogazine via Email on the sidebar. (You must confirm/verify your subscription by checking your email inbox to complete the process.)
- Tweet about this giveaway. You can tweet once a day for an extra entry daily. Copy and paste: #WIN a $50 GC for #safe #wooden #toys @HeirloomWToys from @ANationofMoms http://bit.ly/fFk95s #giveaway #blogmania11
- Join our Blog Frog Community + Post something on our forum (either start a new topic of discussion or post an answer to a previous one).
- Search our directory of featured posts at A Nation of Moms and write a blog post, linking to one of them. You can do this up to 5 times with 5 different featured posts and on separate posts on your blog. (Make sure to include your url in the comment.)
- Blog about and link to one of our current giveaways.
***Giveaway closes April 27th @ 11:59 pm EST and winner will be chosen via Random.org. Open to residents of the lower 48 US.***
Winner is will be emailed after the giveaway closes and also announced on this blog under the featured “Recent Giveaway Winners” section. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to my email, or another winner will be drawn. We never share your email with third parties.
Disclaimer: The sample product(s) reviewed was provided free of charge. NoM was under no obligation to review it if we so chose, nor was NoM under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely that of NoM, and are completely honest and without influence. NoM has reviewed this product(s) because we like it and think it would benefit our readers. To view our full policy, please click here.