1. In a large pot: add chicken stalk/broth, potatoes, salt, and spices. Place on med-high heat until boiling then simmer.
2. Meanwhile: cook bacon until crispy but NOT burned. Spoon out bacon into pot.
3. Pour out all but one tablespoon of bacon fat from pan. Add your onion, celery, and pepper and cook until tender and onion is translucent. Add to pot.
4. Add corn and simmer 5 more min.
5. Place half of the mixture in the pot into a blender, add half&half and blend until smooth. Place back into pot and stir. Season to taste if needed.
6. Serve with crushed tortilla chips if desired.
*To kick this chowder up a notch and add more color, use blue corn chips and add a dollop of sour cream/plain greek yogurt and some extra bacon (cook 2 extra strips of bacon and reserve on the side until ready to serve).*
….See more of me at: